Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit Enclave: Heroes of Our Time  (Read 189822 times)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Re: Clan Blood Spirit Enclave: Heroes of Our Time
« Reply #330 on: 25 May 2013, 12:30:27 »
Making up NPC's? Do what I did back in the day, base them off people in the forums and you work with.

Brilliant!  That's worth a Guinness for sure.   O0
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #331 on: 25 May 2013, 14:12:36 »
I meant more in the technical sense. I do wing lots of characters, relying on stock templates I've made up. I would never base any character on someone from my personal or work or online lives. I can whip together character concepts really easy, it's the bloody stats that are a pain. I use Index cards to keep track of all my NPCs and I've got like three boxes worth.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #332 on: 25 May 2013, 15:54:09 »
I meant more in the technical sense. I do wing lots of characters, relying on stock templates I've made up. I would never base any character on someone from my personal or work or online lives. I can whip together character concepts really easy, it's the bloody stats that are a pain. I use Index cards to keep track of all my NPCs and I've got like three boxes worth.

What? Afraid to sic the likes of Wombat or ILUVWOB or Tassa Kay on your characters?  :D
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #333 on: 26 May 2013, 00:21:44 »
12 pages and no one even mentioned the most rabid, frothing-mad Blood Spirit fan of all time? I'm gonna go join my Clan in death now. :X
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #334 on: 26 May 2013, 00:49:00 »
12 pages and no one even mentioned the most rabid, frothing-mad Blood Spirit fan of all time? I'm gonna go join my Clan in death now. :X

Well, you do keep dropping off...and, it seems like we have gotten alot of new people. If it makes you feel any better, I was
thinking the other day "You know...I haven't heard from Tassa in a while? Wonder if there was a ban involved from passionate
discourse, or if family/RL issues hit again?"
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #335 on: 26 May 2013, 00:53:22 »
Just having intermittent/spotty access is all.  I'm alive and well, unlike Dear Leader Karianna Schmitt. :)

Know that whether or not I'm here on the boards, I'm with all of you in spirit (see what I did there?). Mara, Top, Stormlion, Hengist, daishi, and everyone else who have made being a Blood Spirit fan not only bearable, but thoroughly enjoyable. I've finally moved on as a player from their demise, but they'll always have my heart. I wouldn't still be a BattleTech player if it weren't for Clan "GET OFF OUR LAWN".

:)
« Last Edit: 26 May 2013, 01:00:54 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #336 on: 26 May 2013, 07:29:26 »
Clan "GET OFF OUR LAWN"

I'm stealing that!

And HIYA TASSA!

My word, your avatar is green! Nice change from the red.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #337 on: 26 May 2013, 08:36:28 »
yea, stealing that one too. Howdy Tassa! nice seein you again. I think that should be the next thread name. Much better than the Clan: Emo my friends were calling me.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #338 on: 26 May 2013, 08:38:33 »

I didn't forget, I just didn't think to ask where you have been.  ;)

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #339 on: 26 May 2013, 09:52:31 »
Yesterday's game was a muddled hectic mess. We had three character deaths, all in connection (one in a roundabout way) to the trials and politics of the highly coveted Loremaster slot but the new player prevailed in the end and it's great that I've got two really good and engaging players in leadership roles. Allot also went on in the reformation of the Blood Guard Keshik. All the teenage players came yesterday which caused a little bit of panic and dragged down the pace of the game. Eleven players all at once is too much for to handle so I've got to work a way to work that problem out.

Anyways, the new Loremaster player is a devil. He's from a LARP background so he's very theatrical in his play style compared to most of the other players. Really fun guy. He's playing it definitely as a check against the Khan's reform agenda and finally gives the saKhan player someone to play off of with his own reservations. The players are realigning the Clan's Touman and have to Wednesday to submit all their changes and shuffling around. I know they'll have at least two Galaxies - Alpha and Beta and the Blood Guard Keshik but the various players have their own wants and desires. Clusters are seeing changes from the Blood Spirit's usual orthodoxy but I don't know the details of those changes yet.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #340 on: 26 May 2013, 10:36:41 »
What? Afraid to sic the likes of Wombat or ILUVWOB or Tassa Kay on your characters?  :D

He *should* be afraid. :)

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #341 on: 26 May 2013, 11:06:13 »
Sounds like its a fun game.

Good to see you back Tassa.

I think everyone just assumed you had been banned for some odd reason :)

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #342 on: 26 May 2013, 16:09:51 »
Any outstanding reasons anyone can think of why I shouldn't pick up some Cecerops ProtoMechs? An opportunity is presenting itself...

My only other ProtoMechs are a Point each of Siren and Gorgon, if that matters any.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #343 on: 26 May 2013, 16:51:02 »
It isn't bad for an ammunition dependent scout. It doesn't have any of the electronics, but its fast enough to get to places where your opponent wishes it wasn't. Unfortunately, its weaponry is what you'd expect from a 3 tonner moving 9/14.

I'm not sure if there's anything it can do your Sirens can't already.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #344 on: 26 May 2013, 18:25:55 »
Except get painted and added to your collection and then used as cannon fodder in a large game.

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #345 on: 30 May 2013, 10:00:06 »
I use the them just like I used to use Stingers, Wasps and Locusts - mobile spotters and backstabbers. Use their speed to keep them safe but close enough that when heavier elements engage they can swoosh in there and plink away.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #346 on: 30 May 2013, 12:09:19 »
I highly recommend everyone takes a trip over to camospecs. Blood Spirit got some mad love.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #347 on: 30 May 2013, 12:55:03 »
WOW! Those are beautiful! I totally forgot to hit cso this morning. Thanks for the heads up Shocka. I can't tell which one i like the best. They're all fantastic. SC is fast becoming one of my favorite painters.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #348 on: 30 May 2013, 13:08:49 »
WOW! Those are beautiful! I totally forgot to hit cso this morning. Thanks for the heads up Shocka. I can't tell which one i like the best. They're all fantastic. SC is fast becoming one of my favorite painters.

Gotta go with the Crimson Langur. They're all fantastic but I'm a sucker for that mech.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #349 on: 30 May 2013, 13:10:07 »
Yea, i love that little bastard too. I have 4 lol.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #350 on: 30 May 2013, 14:11:12 »
Omega Galaxy is the snazziest scheme in the Touman, but I hate painting white with such a passion.

Also, I know the Spirits were strict in enforcing the 3/1/1 Trinary rule with 'Mechs, Vees, and Elementals on the Cluster scale, but with what likeliness would you see an ad-hoc Star like 3 Proto Points and two 'Mechs, or three Protos, an Omni, and some Elementals?
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 14:13:30 by Crimson Dynamo »
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
« Reply #351 on: 30 May 2013, 14:49:55 »
<<Peeks in>> This place has been very busy of late. I do not mind giving some credit to the designers of the Crimson Langur too. :) Was happy to see it on our RAT and it is still one of the few mechs they have not tried to confuse me with by giving it two names :P

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #352 on: 30 May 2013, 15:42:29 »
Omega is nice but Upsilon is the shit!

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #353 on: 30 May 2013, 17:06:28 »
Love the scheme on the Blood Asp, but I dislike that sculpt. The second sculpt (I think?) is the one I prefer by a long shot.

Totally agree!

Also, I know the Spirits were strict in enforcing the 3/1/1 Trinary rule with 'Mechs, Vees, and Elementals on the Cluster scale, but with what likeliness would you see an ad-hoc Star like 3 Proto Points and two 'Mechs, or three Protos, an Omni, and some Elementals?

I'd say after 3067, all bets are off as far as that goes.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #354 on: 31 May 2013, 02:26:54 »

Tau and Omega are my favorite.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #355 on: 31 May 2013, 14:19:05 »
question of the day ----if the spirit's where to create new equipment what woould it be???? new weapons,battle armor,protomech or battlemechs or tanks???
 :) ;D ;D

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #356 on: 31 May 2013, 14:22:35 »
ProtoMechs.  I'd bet on that for Burrock as well.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #357 on: 31 May 2013, 14:42:19 »
Well if they rose from the dead or were a pirate faction out on the fringes of Clan Space I could see the Spirits coming up with a new standard mech lines, dedicated Lights, Meduims, Heavy and Assault Battlemechs. Not Omnimechs and use these designs to swamp battlefields with firepower to kill dezgra Star Adders.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #358 on: 31 May 2013, 14:44:46 »
Tau and Omega are my favorite.

All mine are painted up as Omicron.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #359 on: 31 May 2013, 15:58:41 »
Omni protos. I don't know why it's not been done yet.

Also, omni's built on all standard parts ie. no ff, xl,es.