Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit Enclave: Heroes of Our Time  (Read 189836 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Clan Blood Spirit Enclave: Heroes of Our Time
« Reply #720 on: 31 January 2014, 16:51:44 »
Methinks you're thinking of Randall Bills, who indeed wrote a BattleCorps seven-part story called "Tears of Blood".

I also remember you. :)
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Kerensky Chose Jade

• Corporal
  • Skylar Pryde :: Star Captain :: 9th Talon Cluster
    • Home of the Troy Trojans Fanbase
« Reply #721 on: 31 January 2014, 18:13:52 »
tassa, you are in fact the man I was looking for.  How are you my old friend?  I am happy you spoke up.
"We Remember with Clarity of Falcon's Sight the Words of Kerensky.
Through the Smoke of Time He Speaks to Us, His Chosen."

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #722 on: 31 January 2014, 19:59:03 »
Well, considering the fact that TPTB finally got around to bushwhacking my Clan? I'm doing pretty darned well. ;D How are ya? Pull up a chair, there's always room for any Clan that believes in their purity of purpose as much as the Blood Spirits do.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Kerensky Chose Jade

• Corporal
« Reply #723 on: 31 January 2014, 21:51:42 »
Do you remember I was engaged to be married last time we spoke.

Well, we did the thing and got hitched.  Now I have a great kid man, just beautiful.  I am very lucky and I know it.

So I guess my life has completely changed since my previous departure.  However, I remain a die hard Jade Falcon.  You remember how I am about the Good Guys.   }:)

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #724 on: 01 February 2014, 00:01:20 »
I like you sig KCJ  O0
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Kerensky Chose Jade

• Corporal
« Reply #725 on: 01 February 2014, 00:08:44 »
Thanks a lot Sarge.   :)

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #726 on: 01 February 2014, 01:47:42 »
I think that's literally the perfect Jade Falcon sigbar, lol.

Kerensky Chose Jade

• Corporal
« Reply #727 on: 01 February 2014, 10:35:52 »
I think that's literally the perfect Jade Falcon sigbar, lol.

You know me tassa, would you expect anything less?   O0

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #728 on: 02 February 2014, 19:52:09 »
Yup, the Jade Falcons. Crashing with plane in flames because they refuse to believe it is in flames since the founding of the Clans.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
« Reply #729 on: 19 February 2014, 16:04:22 »
Aff, Stormlion, and do not forget it!
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #730 on: 10 March 2014, 11:45:12 »
I've noticed lately in other threads that allot of people seem to be glossing over the fact the Blood Spirits were just as bad hypocrites when it came to the Clans precious traditions that the rest of them were. I'm a huge Blood Spirit fan, but even I recognize they had just as much stupid, irrational behavior that got them into trouble more often than not as any other Clan did. I think it's fair to say, WoR if anything finally showed that the Clans were just as human as anyone else in the BT universe.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #731 on: 10 March 2014, 11:46:42 »
I've noticed lately in other threads that allot of people seem to be glossing over the fact the Blood Spirits were just as bad hypocrites when it came to the Clans precious traditions that the rest of them were. I'm a huge Blood Spirit fan, but even I recognize they had just as much stupid, irrational behavior that got them into trouble more often than not as any other Clan did. I think it's fair to say, WoR if anything finally showed that the Clans were just as human as anyone else in the BT universe.

Thats because the rest of us Clanners are hypocrites...and its not polite to point  ;)
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #732 on: 10 March 2014, 19:15:08 »
I looove the BS that the BS put out! :-) ... hah get it?! Bull 'Stink' and Blood Spirit  >:D

the writers could have taken the Wars of Reaving so many different ways.  The clan is gone, but are there any blood names that survived or were reaved and revived (reaving means the current blood names are wiped out and you can restart from the master copy right? ... right?)
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #733 on: 10 March 2014, 19:21:38 »
Reaving means they are no longer used.  The Spirits were technically absorbed but effectively annihilated and their genetic repository destroyed.  The Star Adders now technically control their genetic heritage, but the Home Clans and their whole view of 'taint' probably means that they won't be used.  That's my view at least.

The only bloodnames that will have survived are the non-exclusive lines in use by the other 4 Home Clans... Zakok MIGHT be an example of this (or a red herring).
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #734 on: 10 March 2014, 22:04:35 »
For many years I didn't give two hoots about any Clan. Then I developed a fondness for the Blood Spirits, even though they were one of those vile blots on Mankind. Odd, I know.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #735 on: 10 March 2014, 22:29:24 »
Me? I think there were survivors. I think some got away, there rebuilding, and letting there hate grow and grow. There's is just to much potential for mayhem that a resurgent Clan Blood Spirit could bring.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #736 on: 11 March 2014, 03:01:08 »
I've noticed lately in other threads that allot of people seem to be glossing over the fact the Blood Spirits were just as bad hypocrites when it came to the Clans precious traditions that the rest of them were. I'm a huge Blood Spirit fan, but even I recognize they had just as much stupid, irrational behavior that got them into trouble more often than not as any other Clan did.

People gloss those things over because we're likable, and because everyone loves a spunky underdog!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #737 on: 11 March 2014, 03:23:11 »
People gloss those things over because we're likable, and because everyone loves a spunky underdog!

And, also, because, overall, we KNOW we are being hypocritical, but, we at least are HONEST to ourselves
about it through our justifications of it. The other Clans never try to justify their hypocrisy, and just delude
themselves into thinking their way is the right way. We know our way is the right way..because of reasons!
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #738 on: 11 March 2014, 18:37:31 »
Reaving means they are no longer used.  The Spirits were technically absorbed but effectively annihilated and their genetic repository destroyed.  The Star Adders now technically control their genetic heritage, but the Home Clans and their whole view of 'taint' probably means that they won't be used.  That's my view at least.

The only bloodnames that will have survived are the non-exclusive lines in use by the other 4 Home Clans... Zakok MIGHT be an example of this (or a red herring).

ok,  I thought I read in WoR that any current holder was reaved ... but, if a clan wanted to they could use the master copy and start over again from the original genetic copies
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #739 on: 11 March 2014, 18:44:18 »
They could, but the ones who hold the power due to the Trial of Absorption is the Star Adders, and I would bet they will do no such thing.  I know the Adders like to think reasonably most of the time, but I would not be surprised if they held a grudge forever against the Blood Spirits and never revived any of their lines.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #740 on: 12 March 2014, 06:58:35 »
They could, but the ones who hold the power due to the Trial of Absorption is the Star Adders, and I would bet they will do no such thing.  I know the Adders like to think reasonably most of the time, but I would not be surprised if they held a grudge forever against the Blood Spirits and never revived any of their lines.

$20 says the Adders traded the lines to the Lions.  The Lions continue their roll and they and the Adders now vie for control in the homeworlds.  Schmitt vs Truscott version 2.0

To the patient go the spoils

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #741 on: 12 March 2014, 07:22:15 »
ok,  I thought I read in WoR that any current holder was reaved ... but, if a clan wanted to they could use the master copy and start over again from the original genetic copies
That was sort-of the original plan concocted by the Vipers. Any warrior who had contact with the Inner Sphere, any warrior who was created from a warrior who had contact with the Inner Sphere, or the genetic legacy of any warrior who had contact with the Inner Sphere was considered "tainted". (And yes, the Vipers did go to the IS, but they claimed they were safe b/c they only had contact with planets the Falcons had taken and Tukayyid). In theory it would roll back all genetics to the point where it hadn't made contact with the IS (but not necessarily all the way back to the line's founders).

They held the rights, but the same thing happened with the Jaguars and Clan Mongoose. The Jaguars didn't want the legacies, but other Clans eventually claimed some (if not all). So it's possible the Adders don't use them, but someone else does.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #742 on: 12 March 2014, 08:08:35 »
They held the rights, but the same thing happened with the Jaguars and Clan Mongoose. The Jaguars didn't want the legacies, but other Clans eventually claimed some (if not all). So it's possible the Adders don't use them, but someone else does.

Though, if I were the Adders, I would likely NOT allow the Schmitt Bloodname to fall into other hands. Remember that
the Clans believe in symbols. And nothing would be a bigger symbol then keeping the Clan Founder's Legacy exclusive,
though, with all those genetic legacies, they might use the Schmitt themselves, just because of how symbolic it would
be to have that Bloodname in their Clan. It would be a reminder to ALL the Clans what happens to those who oppose
them.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #743 on: 12 March 2014, 20:42:04 »
The Schmitt Bloodname and Heritage would be used as an example I think, They would order it reaved as an example and destroy every legacy they could get there hands on. Other Blood Spirit heritages would be after a few generations available to trial for but for those who fought the Blood Spirits I could see them moving Heaven and Earth to keep anyone, including there own scientist from resurrecting them. I could even see the Adders hunting down former Blood Spirit mechs and destroying them.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #744 on: 12 March 2014, 21:20:01 »
$20 says the Adders traded the lines to the Lions.  The Lions continue their roll and they and the Adders now vie for control in the homeworlds.  Schmitt vs Truscott version 2.0

That's the fighting spirit.   ;D

And it would still be the Adders not wanting anything to do with the Spirit genes. 

I would expect exceptions, though.  Maybe one genetic line here or there.  Got to have exceptions to a rule, or it's not interesting.  Tolkien knew this, and he passed it down the generations. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #745 on: 19 March 2014, 14:51:42 »
Me? I think there were survivors. I think some got away, there rebuilding, and letting there hate grow and grow. There's is just to much potential for mayhem that a resurgent Clan Blood Spirit could bring.

Hey gang, I felt compelled to seek you guys out and then I stumbled across the above and thought to respond.

I just finished reading 'Blood Avatar' last night in my ongoing quest to read all the DA novels. In the story the character Dani Kodza (an anagram of the Zadok bloodname) spoke like a clanner and was suspected of having ties to the now dead Blood Spirits and some kind of Devlin Stone Guardian Cult. Without reading back through the previous 25 pages of this thread is there any other information regarding this?

Thanks!

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #746 on: 19 March 2014, 17:30:35 »
That's about it unfortunately.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #747 on: 19 March 2014, 21:11:27 »
And the writers themselves have all but poo-pooed the possibility of this being true, as they keep pointing out that a couple of people on some backwater Republic world wouldn't be in a position to have information about this.

I think originally that this might've been something, but CGL has proven lately that they're willing to break with the previously-intended direction of MWDA and cut off loose plot threads entirely, so I doubt we'll ever see anything come of that.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #748 on: 19 March 2014, 21:42:28 »
Which kind of suck as novels are always considered canon. But its a thread I don't think they will pursue. At most they might say the Zadok Bloodname was taken by another Homeworld Clan but I doubt they will have Clan Blood Spirit survivors in the Inner Sphere doing gods knows what, no matter how cool it would be.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #749 on: 20 March 2014, 08:02:21 »
Maybe the Zadok blood name was revived by another homeworld clan...

Now if that person is from the clans, figure out how and why they are in the Republic

To the patient go the spoils