Author Topic: Successor States -- 3085 to 3145  (Read 12188 times)

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
Successor States -- 3085 to 3145
« on: 26 June 2013, 21:32:10 »
For those who now know, I've been absent for the last six months of published game materials, so I'm not entirely sure where and how the jump into the new 3145-era has progressed.

Thus, basically, I'm looking to play a sort of catch-up with whatever folk here can share with me about the transitional period between and how this new era came to be.

Much appreciation in advance.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

snewsom2997

• Captain
Re: Successor States -- 3085 to 3145
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2013, 13:48:09 »
CCAF and DCMS are on a tear, Fed Suns and Lyrans are taking a beating, a 2nd FWL has popped up, though the old one is still fractured, Andurian didn't join, and the Wolves captured a chunck. Looks like we have a New ComGuard. The Republic has walled itself off, there is a remnant outside. The Wolfs Dragoons took a Long Term Contract with the Combine, the Light Horse died defending Hesperus from the Wolves and Falcons. Lots of tech most of the experimental stuff is no longer experimental, IS Clan Tech, produced by Fed Suns and Combine at least, maybe more, Lyrans are a likely bet, and with the Foxes setting up residence in the Clan Protectorate the FWL will have access as well. The Capelleans are the only ones that look like they just trade for it.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2013, 13:49:59 by snewsom2997 »

Coldwyn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2013, 14:01:28 »
The CC front is especially satidfying: No tricks, no political maneuvering, no grand Personality-driven strategy, just plain old "We beat you into submission".
it´s not necessarily that i´m immoral of character, i just don´t take great stock in the morality of others, that´s all

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2013, 14:27:43 »
Most of the Drac march has fallen to the Dragon, including such notables as Robinson, New Ivaarsen, and Sakhara V.  Kentares is (perhaps unsurprisingly) one of the few holdouts.  They have a particularly penetrating thumb that reaches from Tancredi IV up to Palmyra, the hooks right to Gambier. At Palmyra, they won a majr victory by preemptively hitting Caleb's forcs massing in that system, and Killed Caleb himself.  Apparently thy had some asistance from the Ravens, as Raven WarShips which had been pledge to FS service failed to arrive, and the Ravens took several FS words not long after (plus the Dragon had to have gotten the plans from somewhere).  The Capellans have one major salient that drives from the St. Ives region all the way to New Syrtis, effectively cutting off the Sirdar PDZ, and have also pushed out as far as Chesterton and Tikonov, nearly cutting the FS off from Fortress Republic (not that being connected to it did any good).  So the FedSuns is reeling.  Julian has been chosen as the New First Prince, and is having to make his way back through the CC, bringing the 1st Davion, some Republican volunteers, and some Sea Foxes he made a deal with.

That's where the FS sits right now.  Mostly we're hoping the Dragon will have internal issues or suffer a sudden bear infestation, and that Julian can play Scipio Africanus on his way back through the CC.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2013, 12:44:41 »
Most of the Drac march has fallen to the Dragon, including such notables as Robinson, New Ivaarsen, and Sakhara V.  Kentares is (perhaps unsurprisingly) one of the few holdouts.  They have a particularly penetrating thumb that reaches from Tancredi IV up to Palmyra, the hooks right to Gambier. At Palmyra, they won a majr victory by preemptively hitting Caleb's forcs massing in that system, and Killed Caleb himself.  Apparently thy had some asistance from the Ravens, as Raven WarShips which had been pledge to FS service failed to arrive, and the Ravens took several FS words not long after (plus the Dragon had to have gotten the plans from somewhere).  The Capellans have one major salient that drives from the St. Ives region all the way to New Syrtis, effectively cutting off the Sirdar PDZ, and have also pushed out as far as Chesterton and Tikonov, nearly cutting the FS off from Fortress Republic (not that being connected to it did any good).  So the FedSuns is reeling.  Julian has been chosen as the New First Prince, and is having to make his way back through the CC, bringing the 1st Davion, some Republican volunteers, and some Sea Foxes he made a deal with.

That's where the FS sits right now.  Mostly we're hoping the Dragon will have internal issues or suffer a sudden bear infestation, and that Julian can play Scipio Africanus on his way back through the CC.

[AAAH]

I can only say this after being absent from this game for a year...though I hope we get a bright future after this

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2013, 12:50:32 »
[AAAH]
I can only say this after being absent from this game for a year...though I hope we get a bright future after this

Bright as in prosperous, or bright as in the searing pain and blinding light of a nuclear fireball?...

If Jules can't get the AFFS back on track I think the FedSuns is in for some rad rain.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2013, 12:54:35 »
Bright as in prosperous, or bright as in the searing pain and blinding light of a nuclear fireball?...

If Jules can't get the AFFS back on track I think the FedSuns is in for some rad rain.

Prince Julian's Log:  The Federated Suns is surrounded by enemies, who having taken huge swathes of territory.  Morale is low, the situation is grim.

Wait, what's that up in the sky?  It's our salvation!  It is hope!  It's...it's...

The Marian Hegemony?  Oh God, this is gonna suck, isn't it?"
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2013, 13:17:36 »

Bright as in prosperous, if you please :)

I did expect all this to happen because I read most of the DA novels back then, but Julian's background(his training, his ability to make friends from the major factions) gives me real hope.

Lars Magnusson sounds like he'll be the future leader of the Dominion, and Julian knows him and could forge a powerful alliance against the Combine. There's also Yori Kurita, who would be happy to be rid of Toranaga. Offer some subtle help to her, and that's another coup on the Combine front.

Can't think of any counter for Liao right now. They're simply the Great House superpower of the DA..

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2013, 19:32:49 »
Can't think of any counter for Liao right now. They're simply the Great House superpower of the DA..

I'd offer the Confederation a healthy dose of Wei Nerve Gas, but that's liable to anger MadCap, so I'd refrain. Honestly, outside of diluting Sian's gene pool with more Centrella and less Davion blood is likely the only way to pull the pants down on Daoshen.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2013, 19:45:08 »
That being said, anything could happen when the Fortress walls come down. Personally, I want someone to get the Clans off my beloved Lyrans' backs, but the FedSuns can fall apart for all I care (but I want to see someone give the Capellans a good beat-down in the process).
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2013, 20:19:43 »
Bright as in prosperous, if you please :)

I did expect all this to happen because I read most of the DA novels back then, but Julian's background(his training, his ability to make friends from the major factions) gives me real hope.

Lars Magnusson sounds like he'll be the future leader of the Dominion, and Julian knows him and could forge a powerful alliance against the Combine. There's also Yori Kurita, who would be happy to be rid of Toranaga. Offer some subtle help to her, and that's another coup on the Combine front.

I forgot about Lars, that is good to know but I don't see how Julian can contact him in time with the HPGs down even if he and the Bears would be willing to help. One counter against the Liao's is obviously the nuFWL but with Wolves and Lyrans still at their front door and no complete unity, I don't see how they can be expected to help out much. I think the Republic busting out of their Wall might shake things up a bit even if just for a moment.
Made by HikageMaru

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2013, 20:56:34 »
I'd offer the Confederation a healthy dose of Wei Nerve Gas, but that's liable to anger MadCap, so I'd refrain. Honestly, outside of diluting Sian's gene pool with more Centrella and less Davion blood is likely the only way to pull the pants down on Daoshen.

I hear the current Magestrix is an expert when it come to pulling Daishen's pants down. @p?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2013, 22:30:54 »
I hear the current Magestrix is an expert when it come to pulling Daishen's pants down. @p?

Not...touching that...

...Anyway....from what I've heard from a source at GenCon, things are about to get shaken up big time. (My friend won't give any details though, just vague hints. Some friend right  ;D)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2013, 23:04:33 »
I forgot about Lars, that is good to know but I don't see how Julian can contact him in time with the HPGs down even if he and the Bears would be willing to help. One counter against the Liao's is obviously the nuFWL but with Wolves and Lyrans still at their front door and no complete unity, I don't see how they can be expected to help out much. I think the Republic busting out of their Wall might shake things up a bit even if just for a moment.

JumpShip couriers from Tikonov to Vega. No HPGs just mean a return to the Age of War-style of warfare. Slower but it still gets done. And the AFFS has a big advantage in Black Boxes.

I can't expect the FWL to be of any use against the Liaos right now, since the Minister-General is a good friend of the Capellan heir, the Halas have a non-aggression/sorta alliance with Daoshen and the main bone of contention between them, Andurien, is not a part of the FWL. Maybe the Calderons will reunify the Concordat and bite back at the Capellans..while the Magestrix gets tired of seeing the Magistracy get Cappie-fied and pulls out of the alliance.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #14 on: 18 August 2013, 10:58:53 »
Ladies and gentlemen, this is a family-friendly forum.

RebelRunner

« Reply #15 on: 18 August 2013, 12:06:49 »
CCAF and DCMS are on a tear, Fed Suns and Lyrans are taking a beating, a 2nd FWL has popped up, though the old one is still fractured, Andurien didn't join, and the Wolves captured a chunk.

The Regulans didn't join, either (  8) ), but what's this about the Wolves? Crusader, I assume? And which portion?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 18 August 2013, 12:16:57 »
The Regulans didn't join, either (  8) ), but what's this about the Wolves? Crusader, I assume? And which portion?

We don't call them the Crusader Wolves anymore, but yes.  The Wolf Empire took a large chunk of the nuFWL.  Basically, the FWL doesn't border Steiner space anymore except in the Tamarind region.   Tamarind, Atreus and Marik (which is now the center of a new member state, the Clan Protectorate) are all front-line border worlds, and the Wolf Empire extends so far into the league that even much of Regulan space is now within 2 jumps of the Wolf Empire.

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
« Reply #17 on: 18 August 2013, 13:50:40 »

You never know...

If I may  quote Ferdinand Foch,

"My right wing under strong pressure, my center gives ground, situation excellent, I attack!"

;)
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #18 on: 18 August 2013, 14:04:30 »
You never know...

If I may  quote Ferdinand Foch,

;)

As history has shown, when the FedSuns has its back against the wall going on the offensive often works wonders. While Cappie and Drac culture does help in the fortitude department while under duress, the people of the FedSuns have a deep love for their nation. It's hard to keep them down for long.

Then again, I'd start thinking about cloning Hanse Davion II...  ;)

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #19 on: 18 August 2013, 15:15:14 »
As history has shown, when the FedSuns has its back against the wall going on the offensive often works wonders. While Cappie and Drac culture does help in the fortitude department while under duress, the people of the FedSuns have a deep love for their nation. It's hard to keep them down for long.

im just waiting until i know the bill for the post-wedding before i start gobbling up post DA-materials. I too am on pins & needles about the plight of the AFFS...

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #20 on: 18 August 2013, 15:54:36 »

"Thanks to superior technology acquired from the defunct Word of Blake, the Tesla Cannons we've installed in Hanse II will indeed allow for Electric Boogaloo."
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #21 on: 19 August 2013, 08:05:21 »
It's amusing how the Cappies and Dracs can push so much without running into trouble from the locals. The Suns is the ONLY state that has liberal gun laws with its citizens, people would expect a Vietnam bloodbath everytime they occupy a Suns planet..

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 19 August 2013, 10:24:06 »
Who is to say that won't happen.... ^-^

A lot of Davion's new toys can be made to be quite useful in a hit and run resistance type campaign.

Hopefully, the FM for 3145 will provide some more light on things as they stand now.
Made by HikageMaru

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 19 August 2013, 11:18:33 »
Yes, those new toys are either hit-and-run or tankers that hold the enemy's attention. With all that Clantech ER beam spam and others...one gets the feeling the Suns planned for such a contingency with suitable units well before the DA.

kaliyama

• Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 20 August 2013, 15:48:42 »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: 30 March 2014, 19:29:50 by kaliyama »

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #25 on: 21 August 2013, 07:34:51 »
  [copper]
  Ladies and gentlemen, your attention, please:

This thread has been subject to an enforcement action — several, in fact, starting with the ‘drive-by’ carried out by Moonsword — and we find it proper that we remind posters here of several of the forum rules:

Quote from: Rule 1
1. Proper Conduct

Confront an opinion, rather than a person; personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated. Proper conduct includes treating each other with respect at all times.

The posting of messages or materials that are obscene, abusive, discriminatory or threatening in nature, or designed to harass or intimidate another person are not tolerated.

We encourage lively debate about a number of topics, however when you object to a certain post to the point where you intend to attack the poster, contact the Moderators instead. The post may also be objectionable to us, in which case a heated response will just get you in trouble as well.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Moderators directly, or by using the “Report To Moderator” button available at the bottom right of any post.
  As Moonsword’s friendly reminder notes, this is a family-friendly forum.  It says it right there on the BattleTech boxed-set(s): ‘for players 12 and up’.  The Moderators understand that discussion of a fictional universe constantly wracked by war will often fall into some uncomfortable and colourful territory, but certain of those colourful references in this thread have flirted with, or outright crossed, the line where we divide ‘tasteful’ from ‘off-colour’ — or ‘downright obscene’.
  While not a hard-and-fast rule, I saw a good suggestion several years ago and consider it a guideline for my own posting: if you are about to post something you would not be comfortable with your eleven-year-old niece or nephew reading, you might want to find a less colourful way to express your viewpoint.

Quote from: Rule 3
3. Don’t start trouble

Posts the Moderators consider overly confrontational will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, trolling.
  When the Moderators make an in-thread post ‘politely suggesting’ that posters should stop discussing a certain topic, or abandon a certain tangent, that ‘drive-by’ does constitute an enforcement action, however courteous and mildly-phrased.  To publically contest that ‘suggestion’, whether by directly challenging the Moderator’s input or continuing to discuss the tangent, rises to the forum standard of ‘trolling’ and is grounds for enforcement action.

Quote from: Rule 9
9. Contribute

Do not post without contributing to the discussion at hand. If your posts add nothing to the thread, you may be wasting people’s time and our resources. This will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

The odd frivolous post won’t attract attention, but systematic behavior and thread hijacking will be addressed with Warnings and Bans as necessary. Posts may be moved or deleted in these cases.
  We Moderators are human; we often let side-discussions run for the sake of interest or humour.  That being said, anyone wishing to clown around at length should take their routine to the MechWarrior Hall, or another site entirely.  Succinctness is welcome, but posts too brief to hold any informative or conversational value will find themselves subject to action under Rule #9.

Quote from: Rule 13
13. Executive privilege

The Administrators and Moderators have the right to edit, delete, move or lock any message and/or thread for any reason.

There may be NO warning and NO explanation as to why. We use our own discretion and judgment. This means that even if we’re wrong, it’s our right so long as we think our actions are necessary to keep the forum clean, and a desirable place to hang out. Often we’ll attempt to notify you when such measures are taken.
  The Moderators generally do not make use of ‘executive privilege’ for formal Warnings, but we do consider the ‘clean and tasteful’ standard an implicit component of Rule #13 and we act accordingly.  We have exercised its provisions in the past, and however much we would prefer to avoid the need, in all likelihood we will do so again in the future.

This concludes this public service announcement.  Thank you for your attention; play BattleTech, have fun, enjoy the game... and please, keep the Rules in mind when posting.  Staying inside their lines will save a great deal of trouble for everybody involved.

Trace Coburn, Moderator

/ [copper]
« Last Edit: 21 August 2013, 08:06:58 by Trace Coburn »

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #26 on: 21 August 2013, 08:31:43 »
I can't expect the FWL to be of any use against the Liaos right now, since the Minister-General is a good friend of the Capellan heir, the Halas have a non-aggression/sorta alliance with Daoshen and the main bone of contention between them, Andurien, is not a part of the FWL.

After Andurien was consulted about dynastic intermarriage and League membership the Cappies attacked the League.  The Anduriens and Canopians also went on a raiding spree.  So no.  Things are not as warm and rosey at the moment as Nikol and Danai being BFFs.  Maybe some time in the future when they are both heirs.  Or, just as likely, their parents force them to reluctantly fight one another.

Interesting question, right?  Border populations are presumably used to switching flags every so often, but not so more inner worlds.  What I expect is going on with such rapid expansion is that DCMS/CCAF infantry forces are garrisoning major infrastructure and population centers, and that provisional governments more or less leave the locals unhassled as long as spaceports, large cities, etc. remain under occupation.  I'd expect that situation would break down if either (a) the AFFS starts to win, or (b) occupying powers start to try to integrate in earnest.

Or they know the Combine's history of reprisal against civilians ala Kentares and would not risk it again.  And who really wants the Mask knocking on kicking in their door at night?
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #27 on: 21 August 2013, 14:57:21 »
Just think what fun a resistance cell could have, if a enterprising AFFS Command dropped
them a Scarecrow or two.

Imagine that DCMS infantry battalion responding to a riot, only to run into one or two of those
little beauties hehe.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #28 on: 21 August 2013, 15:24:19 »
The Dracs are themselves familiar with partisan tactics.  Surely they could engineer a chemical spill in the suspected hiding place.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 21 August 2013, 15:46:40 »
Just think what fun a resistance cell could have, if a enterprising AFFS Command dropped
them a Scarecrow or two.

Imagine that DCMS infantry battalion responding to a riot, only to run into one or two of those
little beauties hehe.

I'm harboring visions of the Death Commandos being taken out in their barracks by a Scarecrow.