Author Topic: FIghter images?  (Read 700 times)

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
FIghter images?
« on: 03 July 2020, 06:39:49 »
In the campaign that I am playing right now, I modified some of my aerospace fighters, and the image changed to a mech image (fighters like the corsair, and centurion). How do I change the image back to the fighter image from the mech image of the same name?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Re: FIghter images?
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2020, 12:51:13 »
Will use the Centurion CNT-1D aerospace fighter as an example.

Go to your MegaMek/data/images/units folder and open mechset.txt and localserver_mechset.txt.

In mechset.txt use Control+F to find the original unmodified fighter you are looking for. In the case for the Centurion you may need to hit find next or previous to make sure you have the correct one. Will look like the below line with a "fighter/centurion.png", instead of "mechs/centurion.png".

exact "Centurion CNT-1D" "fighter/centurion.png"

Copy that line and paste in localserver_mechset.txt at the bottom on a new line.

Close mechset.txt.

The rest will be done to the line pasted in localserver_mechset.txt

If it begins with chassis instead of exact, change to exact.

Now change the first item in quotation marks to that of your custom unit's designation, as an example "Centurion CNT-1CDAT". Must exactly match what is shown when you look at it in Megamek. The second set of quotation marks is the path to the folder and the image file name from the folder mechset.text is in.

exact "Centurion CNT-1CDAT" "fighter/centurion.png"

Save then close. Relaunch MegaMek to see if it worked.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2020, 13:17:46 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Register