Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 66990 times)

Tinyozora

• Warrant Officer
  • House Jurai
My shipping only dropped about 1/3 from the original posting, is about $75 USD higher than was 'checked' on the discord, and is still 20% of my order in price. So 30% to 20%.

$460 on a $2300 order in U.S., but to an APO (which I'm assuming they're going fewer packages and ground, which is more expensive typically than multiple packages and priority. Ground or larger singular packages is terrible for shipping to APO.)

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
Didn't they say they expected only 5% of the orders or so to be above $150?   My shipping is currently $187, and while I did order a fair bit ($1170 total pledge) I'd not been assuming that was in the top 5%.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
In my case, shipping (from an Australian hub) is 10%, local sales tax 10%. I don't have any battlemats.

What sort of percentages are others seeing, with or without battlemats?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
My shipping is listed currently as $100 on a pledge of about $960, plus a total of $240 or so in VAT.  During the spot checks on Discord I was quoted a shipping cost of $79.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Hydrofoil Goat

• Sergeant
In my case, shipping (from an Australian hub) is 10%, local sales tax 10%. I don't have any battlemats.

What sort of percentages are others seeing, with or without battlemats?

Also Australian, my shipping cost is ~7%, no battlemats.

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
Wisconsin, no Battlemats, roughly 16%.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
Missouri, Battalion and a bit, shipping down from $100 and a bit to $50something. That still seems a touch high, but QML shipping was higher than expected on another recent Kickstarter delivery.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

riposte

• Corporal
This is great to hear that international backers aren't getting stiffed. Super pleased to hear that.

Although now I am curious, I'm a Stateside Regimental backer with a couple extra items and shipping is $115 (on a $1000 order).

Would be curious to hear if other Regimental backers have a similar shipping amount? Reeeeeaaaaaalllly hoping there isn't another computer snafu.
Thank you.  I just did a check on the CGL site and yep more than 100 shipping for a forcepack.  For what you are after there may be a snafu BUT it also may be cheaper for Chine > AU.  I don't have details on that of course.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Shipping from the Webshop is a separate issue from shipping for the Kickstarter, prices on one are not indicitative of the other at all.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
I'm wondering how many people who are getting $100+ for shipping in the US got neoprene mats in their orders or ordered at the regiment or higher pledge level.

Shipping to Atlanta. No neoprene on mine. The only thing I can figure (again, fingers crossed there is no snafu), is maybe the weight of the Limited Edition Universe Book?
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Company $150.00
Add-ons $110.00
Original Shipping Total was $33.86
Updated Shipping Total is $30.82

Was low, barely a needle move but only getting ForcePack adds on meant fairly regular box shaped volume.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Mine did drop $50 to $100 shipping to Michigan. I'm glad for the drop but wish it could of been more.
Just never heard of taxes on shipping to Michigan.
I just wish I could order more, feel like I'm missing out on something.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
I guess Canada got hosed again. Got 2 different orders and only checked the biggest one before. chipping has gone up from 37 to 40% of the order and the second one is 66% percent of the order.  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I knew books were pricey but not like that.  :shocked:

Charistoph

• Major
Does anyone know how QML will be shipping (i.e. Ground or Air)?

Will they be shipping through another company (i.e. UPS, FedEx, Post, etc), and if so who?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Also Canadian - Mine reduced...from an original Quote of $259.90 to a new $214.5, so a whole $45.

The main GST Charge has remained the same - $36.85 so gonna assume that is the government cut on the goods.

But the question is...is this is USD or CAD. It would be nice if there is some sort of explanation on that.

Because if the Shipping is USD, that $214.50 is $294.88
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Does anyone know how QML will be shipping (i.e. Ground or Air)?

Will they be shipping through another company (i.e. UPS, FedEx, Post, etc), and if so who?

Last time was Ground and Fed-Ex

MarauderD

• Major
Northern California, Regiment, $690 total pledge.  No battlemats.

First shipping estimate: $257.90, including $18.70 state tax shipping (not a thing in California).

Updated shipping estimate: $167.37, including $12.13 state tax shipping.  Represents 24% of the total pledge amount.

My company regularly ships large boxes as part of our work, exclusively using FedEx and UPS to ship to the lower 48 States.  These prices are curiously....high.  Dimensions/weight/distance is a pretty simple calculus.  Regular ground shipping with tracking is reliable.  It still looks like this is a second day air rate. 

General308

• Captain
Company $150.00
Add-ons $110.00
Original Shipping Total was $33.86
Updated Shipping Total is $30.82

Was low, barely a needle move but only getting ForcePack adds on meant fairly regular box shaped volume.

I have a company with $70 of add ons and mine is $37 and change.  (my add ons are just swag dice patchs exctra...)

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
Northern Kentucky, Company, $168 total pledge.

Still waiting...  :sad:

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
My shipping has dropped about 50$, so close to half. But VAT is still huge, so total has gone from 300 down to 250. In any case I was from the beginning expecting a big bill so no problem.
The only thing I don't understand is that I'm being charged for VAT and also for VAT Shipping. Been ages since I left the international shipping business for good so if anyone can tell me the difference, would be appreciated.

wundergoat

• Master Sergeant
Northern California, Regiment, $690 total pledge.  No battlemats.

First shipping estimate: $257.90, including $18.70 state tax shipping (not a thing in California).

Updated shipping estimate: $167.37, including $12.13 state tax shipping.  Represents 24% of the total pledge amount.

My company regularly ships large boxes as part of our work, exclusively using FedEx and UPS to ship to the lower 48 States.  These prices are curiously....high.  Dimensions/weight/distance is a pretty simple calculus.  Regular ground shipping with tracking is reliable.  It still looks like this is a second day air rate.

I’m also NorCal with about $200 more pledge but nearly the same shipping, including the non-applicable sales tax.  I’m still thinking these aren’t final and won’t worry too much until we get an official announcement.

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
My shipping has dropped about 50$, so close to half. But VAT is still huge, so total has gone from 300 down to 250. In any case I was from the beginning expecting a big bill so no problem.
The only thing I don't understand is that I'm being charged for VAT and also for VAT Shipping. Been ages since I left the international shipping business for good so if anyone can tell me the difference, would be appreciated.
Backerkit is breaking the VAT into two line items so you know how much of it is for the product and how much is for shipping, since some regions have different tax rates for goods and shipping. The vast majority of websites don't display them separated, it probably made sense to someone at Backerkit to have them show separately.

Cylence

• Private
I do wonder if they're trying to stuff everything into a single box instead of cheaper multi box shipping.  My gift batallion pledge is shipping for $53 (plus "shipping tax" which should only be ~0.33 in Colorado instead of 1.55).  My personal double battalion plus a book, 2 force packs, a map pack and two swag patches is triple that.

Contingency

• Recruit
$167.06, which includes $7.96 in state tax shipping (not a thing in Alabama). Regiment, Universe book, cookbook, 6 novels, 1 forcepack, 2 dropships, and misc swag.

Regiment backers: any under $150 shipping in the US?

MarauderD

• Major
$167.06, which includes $7.96 in state tax shipping (not a thing in Alabama). Regiment, Universe book, cookbook, 6 novels, 1 forcepack, 2 dropships, and misc swag.

Regiment backers: any under $150 shipping in the US?

So here is a good example.  We're both regiment backers.  I assume you don't have any of the giant neoprene battlemats in your order.  Shipping from Georgia to Alabama is a short haul.  I have a similar order to you, and shipping to California is 30 cents different?  Say what? 2,400 miles for 30 cents seems pretty weird.

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
Backerkit is breaking the VAT into two line items so you know how much of it is for the product and how much is for shipping, since some regions have different tax rates for goods and shipping. The vast majority of websites don't display them separated, it probably made sense to someone at Backerkit to have them show separately.

Ah I see, makes sense. Thanks for the info!

Rob Bendig

• Private
Canadian here - I don't recall my old shipping quote other than it was a bit higher. New quote is $208.65 shipping on an $1132.50 order (no battlemats).
Plus 67 taxes.

Contingency

• Recruit
So here is a good example.  We're both regiment backers.  I assume you don't have any of the giant neoprene battlemats in your order.  Shipping from Georgia to Alabama is a short haul.  I have a similar order to you, and shipping to California is 30 cents different?  Say what? 2,400 miles for 30 cents seems pretty weird.

No mats.
I'm taking a guess here, but I'd imagine whatever additional amount you're paying for being on the other side of the continent is offset by me paying more for having books.  "1.3(X)" vs "X + $30" deal, with X being the regiment pledge shipping amount. We need to solve for X--If Regiment backers are paying $120 on average for just the regiment portion, I'd be asking Catalyst why they can't get it lowered? I suspect it'll be something like we're paying QML 75 cents an item to put it in a box.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Canadian here - I don't recall my old shipping quote other than it was a bit higher. New quote is $208.65 shipping on an $1132.50 order (no battlemats).
Plus 67 taxes.

Is that $208 before or after the GST?

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
As a UK backer with ~$1200 of loot, my shipping has reduced from ~$140 to $107.64. I've got a battlemat in the order but it's regular size, not the BFM.

VAT hasn't changed so I'm still getting charged 20% VAT on the books even though those are zero-rated.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<