Author Topic: TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download  (Read 38317 times)

cawest

• Captain
Re: TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download
« Reply #90 on: 17 November 2017, 23:39:40 »
are you thinking about adding tanks to your TRO?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: 18 November 2017, 07:03:56 »
are you thinking about adding tanks to your TRO?
When and if I can find a consistent body of art to illustrate the vehicles, than yes.  I thought HBS was going to release concept art for the handful of vehicles slated to be included their upcoming game but I haven't seen anything beyond a mediocre Striker relased so far.  The lastest game play video included a number of vehicles, including the Striker, Scorpion and, if I recall correctly, maybe a Galleon so perhaps in the fullness of time.  On the other hand, if you know of a good set of vehicle art, drop me a line ;)

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #92 on: 18 November 2017, 08:56:09 »
When and if I can find a consistent body of art to illustrate the vehicles, than yes.  I thought HBS was going to release concept art for the handful of vehicles slated to be included their upcoming game but I haven't seen anything beyond a mediocre Striker relased so far.  The lastest game play video included a number of vehicles, including the Striker, Scorpion and, if I recall correctly, maybe a Galleon so perhaps in the fullness of time.  On the other hand, if you know of a good set of vehicle art, drop me a line ;)

How about a "Scavenger" TRO for vehicles like the one you did for Battlemechs using the original art?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #93 on: 18 November 2017, 09:24:01 »

How about a "Scavenger" TRO for vehicles like the one you did for Battlemechs using the original art?

TBH, Vehicles don't get me fired up enough to put in the effort but, more to the point, I just can bring myself to recycle any of the existing art.  It's been done by many people over many years and, ironically, my first attempt, TRO: 2866, did just that (for 'Mechs).  It wasn't particularly well received and I attribute that, in part, to the fact it was entirely non-canon and used art that has been seen for decades.

There is still a window of opportunity to present the MWO Clan art in canon fashion (with my own little flair) in a TRO and that is where I'm looking to direct my effort now.  TRO 3049:  Eve of Armageddon.  It is my intention to present it from the Clan point of view.  I was surprised how few souce books are presented from the Clan direction (and I don't count Khan Phelan Kell as a Clan point of view ;)

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #94 on: 18 November 2017, 10:24:28 »
TBH, Vehicles don't get me fired up enough to put in the effort but, more to the point, I just can bring myself to recycle any of the existing art.  It's been done by many people over many years and, ironically, my first attempt, TRO: 2866, did just that (for 'Mechs).  It wasn't particularly well received and I attribute that, in part, to the fact it was entirely non-canon and used art that has been seen for decades.

There is still a window of opportunity to present the MWO Clan art in canon fashion (with my own little flair) in a TRO and that is where I'm looking to direct my effort now.  TRO 3049:  Eve of Armageddon.  It is my intention to present it from the Clan point of view.  I was surprised how few souce books are presented from the Clan direction (and I don't count Khan Phelan Kell as a Clan point of view ;)

Fair enough. I for one appreciated 2866, and didn't mind the old art at all (thought it actually added value to it), so I'm surprised it wasn't more popular.

At any rate, I will look forward to seeing your work on 3049.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 03 February 2018, 08:50:28 »
I take it you aren't planning to include the Ost-series for a while?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #96 on: 03 February 2018, 10:04:29 »
There only Ostscout for CGL so far, so you can't have entire series without the others.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: 08 August 2018, 19:25:12 »
An updated version of TRO 3028 is now available via the download link at the bottom of the Sarna.net page:  http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout_3028

The updates includes:

BattleMechs

VL-2T Vulcan
CHP-2N Champion

Appendix A: Vehicles, IndustrialMechs, and Aerospace Assets
Swift Wind Scout Car
Armored Personnel Carrier
Mobile Headquarters
Scorpion Light Tank
Galleon Light Tank
Striker Light Tank
Bulldog Medium Tank
LRM/SRM Carrier
Manticore Heavy Tank
Demolisher Heavy Tank
Schrek PPC Carrier
Mobile Long Tom Artillery
Leopard-class DropShip
Gazelle-class DropShip
Union-class DropShip
Invader-class JumpShip
Argo-class DropShip

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #98 on: 08 August 2018, 19:58:47 »
so that is what rock you have been hiding under. 😂
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #99 on: 08 August 2018, 21:38:46 »
Excellent!  Thanks!
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #100 on: 09 August 2018, 07:47:41 »
Nice Update, thanks for keeping the home fires burning with this project.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #101 on: 09 August 2018, 08:16:40 »
Nice Update, thanks for keeping the home fires burning with this project.

One of these days, I'll finish up TRO: 3049 with all the period-appropriate Clan 'Mechs  ;)  I've got the meat done, just struggling through the fluff I want to wrap around the TRO section, although I still have to add the recently released Vapor Eagle second-line Clan 'Mech to it...

paulobrito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #102 on: 09 August 2018, 16:35:23 »
One of the things that bugs me no end - while the Invader is stated in all places to have 3 drop collars the new art in HSB BT and in TRo-3028 show 4 positions.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #103 on: 09 August 2018, 16:41:45 »
One of the things that bugs me no end - while the Invader is stated in all places to have 3 drop collars the new art in HSB BT and in TRo-3028 show 4 positions.

~chuckle~ It still makes my hair stand on end watching the Argo-class DropShip jump with a Leopard-class DropShip attached to it! 

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #104 on: 09 August 2018, 19:12:51 »
amazing work.  keep up the good work.  I loved the industrial mech.  and the art worked is just...... WOW

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
« Reply #105 on: 14 August 2018, 13:34:12 »
Thanks for the update.  Great work.  Loving it.  :)

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: 16 August 2018, 07:50:22 »
Fluff in the Centurion section says the Enforcer is a 45t mech, while it's 50 tons:

"When the AFFS began strongly considering
phasing out the Centurion entirely in favor of Achernar
BattleMech’s 45-ton Enforcer"

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #107 on: 04 September 2018, 12:39:33 »
I have to say, I'm rather surprised to see the Charger get the MWO treatment.  Surprised, but of course pleased.  Anytime a Succession War era 'Mech gets updated, it puts a big smile on my face.  My current plans are to present the CGR-SB "Challenger" as the variant in TRO: 3028.  I did something similar with the Banshee, as the BNC-3S is presented in the TRO rather than the original BNC-3E.  The -SB will painted in the colors of the Hat-in-the-Ring Battalion, a nod to the mercenary group who pioneered the variant.  The (failed) -1L (3022) and (much more successful) -1A5 (3023) will be listed under variants and I will likely allude to the (proposed) -1A9 (3034) refit as well.  And, naturally, I will be unable to resist commenting on the original -1A1 (2665).  All considered, I'm rather excited about writing it.

I'm also planning to include the Hatamoto-Chi, the original HTM-26T model (3039), in the "New Designs and Prototype" section.  I'll play up the whole Maltex Corporation angle.  It's a stretch, no doubt about it, especially given that Luthien Armor Works releases the -1A9 in 3034.  Still, the -1A9 is so vastly different than the HTM-26T, it's entirely possible both were in development simultaneously rather than serially.  I dunno, I'll keep thinking about it.  I still come back to the "Jayhawker" Prototype where I basically broke canon to present an early tech-appropriate version of the Bushwhacker.  I don't the see the HMT-26T as more a stretch than that little beauty.  Feel free to weight in...