Author Topic: Level 1 vehicular sensors  (Read 2143 times)

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
Level 1 vehicular sensors
« on: 05 July 2011, 23:01:28 »
Am I blind or are there no special rules for these? I know the raven has like, special rules for its 5 tons of sensor equipment but a lot of vehicles like the Skulker for example dedicate some tonnage to sensors which under the rules, even Tac Ops rules, has no appreciable effect. Is this correct??

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: Level 1 vehicular sensors
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2011, 00:00:21 »
Am I blind or are there no special rules for these? I know the raven has like, special rules for its 5 tons of sensor equipment but a lot of vehicles like the Skulker for example dedicate some tonnage to sensors which under the rules, even Tac Ops rules, has no appreciable effect. Is this correct??

Yes.  You might want to note that the Skulker's "sensors" aren't there anymore due to rules changes, though.  Even before those changes came down, it was marked as cargo in TRO3039.

They can easily justify an Improved Sensors quirk from StratOps, though, if your group wants to use those rules.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2011, 00:02:06 by Moonsword »

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2011, 00:17:43 »
Yes.  You might want to note that the Skulker's "sensors" aren't there anymore due to rules changes, though.  Even before those changes came down, it was marked as cargo in TRO3039.

They can easily justify an Improved Sensors quirk from StratOps, though, if your group wants to use those rules.

Oh okay, I was just going off of Heavy Metal Vehicle which of course is a bit out of date. Never bothered to pick up 3039 on the account I've already got 3025 and 3039 doesn't have any new artwork. :)

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2011, 00:28:12 »
That's not quite correct.  It doesn't have new artwork of a few vehicles and the original TRO3025 'Mechs.  TRO3039 has new artwork of many of the vehicles and all of the the ASFs, Star League 'Mechs, and everything in the "First In Centuries" section (including the aforementioned Raven).

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2011, 00:47:32 »
Yeah now that you mention it, I do remember seeing a few new pieces in my friend's copy.
Either way, now adays when I pickup TROs I find I just look at the stats and the artwork as a lot of the fluff seems redundant (how can you write development background for 500+ units or whatever and keep it fresh??).

So if a book doesn't have a lot of new artwork, like 3058U I just don't pick it up. But if it does, like 3055U I do.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2011, 12:47:10 »
The sensors were also removed from the Warrior and Ferret VTOLs in 3039.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register