Author Topic: Fan XTRO - Project Zhukov.  (Read 12055 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Fan XTRO - Project Zhukov.
« on: 19 November 2019, 10:17:18 »
After almost exactly a year, Project Zhukov is finished.

This fan made XTRO is my attempt to give Clan Hell's Horses the tanks and other equipment that it well could have had as 'the tank Clan'. The cannonical vehicles of TRO 3060 were adequate generalist machines that you could see other Clans using if they had to or because there was nothing else available, and there was the Epona there as a hint of what could be but was seemingly never carried through.

That changes in this book.

And just a little thing of note, we're still waiting on one picture and some OOB images, but with any luck they will be done by this week or next and i'll update the file and let people know. But all the units are there as are all the stats and everything you'd need to use these units.

This was a huge collaborative effort, folks on the forum helped me a great deal with the layout, fluff ideas, variants, lore discussions and more and it would not have been possible without their help and the efforts of the artists.

So, ladies, gentlemen and all ships at sea. It is my honour, and pleasure to present to you.

Project Zhukov. - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mk7lp3j7gtvOnZTQbWgUlLHVDAES5ybp

And please, any and all feedback are most welcome! Feel free to discuss it, voice thoughts and opinions, rotten fruit and veg can be found in the cart to your right if you want to be negative as all comments are most welcome!
« Last Edit: 14 December 2019, 07:16:25 by marauder648 »
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
Re: Fan XTRO - Project Zhukov.
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2019, 11:27:51 »
 :o impressed.
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

Bradshaw

• Corporal
  • Never trust a man scratching his chin
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2019, 12:42:13 »
Ill post here like I did on the Facebook page, impressive work a seemless transfer of fan fiction into the canon universe. Still reading through the individual design fluff but very well done on all fronts.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2019, 13:08:51 »
Ill post here like I did on the Facebook page, impressive work a seemless transfer of fan fiction into the canon universe. Still reading through the individual design fluff but very well done on all fronts.

:o impressed.

Thank you :D I'm glad you're enjoying thus far :)
« Last Edit: 19 November 2019, 13:18:20 by marauder648 »

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2019, 15:22:13 »
A lot of excellent writing, it is very complete, and the formatting is very clean.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Great job all around.

ps. Should the last page be empty?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 19 November 2019, 15:29:38 »
A lot of excellent writing, it is very complete, and the formatting is very clean.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Great job all around.

ps. Should the last page be empty?

RE the last page there's some OOB images that are going to be added :) And they'll start there :)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2019, 00:02:56 »
Just started going thur it, but a question the Alecto Assault BA? Damm I love the look
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 20 November 2019, 01:22:04 »
Just started going thur it, but a question the Alecto Assault BA? Damm I love the look

Sure whats ya question :)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #8 on: 20 November 2019, 04:41:59 »
Great units, great art, and as a Hell's Horses fan I'm definitely seeing stuff I'd like to use for my own Horse forces.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 20 November 2019, 04:53:28 »
Great units, great art, and as a Hell's Horses fan I'm definitely seeing stuff I'd like to use for my own Horse forces.

Thank ya :) Anything you like in particular? Any unit or fluff idea etc? Any feedback is good and the lack of comments thus far is a lil bit dishartening.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #10 on: 20 November 2019, 05:04:32 »
In particular? The various OmniTanks, especially the Yama and Kratos. I also really enjoyed the combat-engineer nature to a lot of the tanks, like the Hephaestus/Ogun or the bulldozers on the Tezcatlipoca and Ganesha. As far as the 'Mechs go, the Duskrunner really jumped out at me, and the Taranis is right up my alley as a Thunder Stallion replacement.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #11 on: 20 November 2019, 05:09:53 »
Oh, and of course all the new DropShip options are a godsend for anyone trying to build out the transport arm of a Horse cluster/galaxy. And I like that WarShip-wise you kinda gave them their own version of the Kyushu.

- Klarg1

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 20 November 2019, 05:21:31 »
I will admit that the Halcyon is the Pillar of Autumn from Halo flopped on her side and given some grav-decks. The design was actually done by Dragon Cat for his ongoing timeline where the Halcyon see's service in the Horses there :D The Droppers seemed logical as to my mind, converting a dropship would take time and effort and would have to be tailored to do each role as and when needed. And you have to convert it twice from a Mech carrier into a combined arms transport and back again. So having ones that are built as combined arms carriers makes sense :)

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 20 November 2019, 08:08:44 »
One good think we can take away from the feedback side of things is that the book is rocking it and people love it! :thumbsup:

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #14 on: 20 November 2019, 10:23:50 »
I will admit that the Halcyon is the Pillar of Autumn from Halo flopped on her side and given some grav-decks. The design was actually done by Dragon Cat for his ongoing timeline where the Halcyon see's service in the Horses there :D The Droppers seemed logical as to my mind, converting a dropship would take time and effort and would have to be tailored to do each role as and when needed. And you have to convert it twice from a Mech carrier into a combined arms transport and back again. So having ones that are built as combined arms carriers makes sense :)

Happy to see them like that looks great

One thing the description of the Halcyon says 8 Large pulse lasers but on the weapons I only see 2 forward 2 aft?

Great product Marauder really like it
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #15 on: 20 November 2019, 10:55:05 »
Nice work once again, Marauder and your work so hard on and money you saved and spent to make this thing look like the Real Thing!

I have made entry in the Battletech Fanon Wiki, so it will always have a listing even if the forums goes poof!

If i had huff, its problem because your calling it XTRO.  It's regular Clan TRO to me!

This body of work is not in the shared universe as your previous books right?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 20 November 2019, 11:01:43 »
Nice work once again, Marauder and your work so hard on and money you saved and spent to make this thing look like the Real Thing!

I have made entry in the Battletech Fanon Wiki, so it will always have a listing even if the forums goes poof!

If i had huff, its problem because your calling it XTRO.  It's regular Clan TRO to me!

This body of work is not in the shared universe as your previous books right?

Oooh thank you :D And re being part of a shared universe, it could be, I didn't really think about tying the Delranes TRO and this one together, but the two could mesh well together.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #17 on: 20 November 2019, 11:57:20 »
I didn't want to physically link them.
I wish your Introduction mentioned what year it is for the book itself was written. I assumed its 3060
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 20 November 2019, 12:00:41 »
I didn't want to physically link them.
I wish your Introduction mentioned what year it is for the book itself was written. I assumed its 3060

Hah yeah I didn't mention 3060 sounds about right or immediately post Tukayyid.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 20 November 2019, 12:47:06 »
Sure whats ya question :)
so with 2 LMG why does it also have 2 AP mounts?  and is the right armor a Claw?
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 20 November 2019, 12:51:37 »
so with 2 LMG why does it also have 2 AP mounts?  and is the right armor a Claw?

There was a lil mixup on the sheet, but the weapons are meant to be as is shown on the art. Claw is left arm, ER Medium Right. 2 x LMG's and 2 x AP mounts,the AP's are there purely to soak up weight. And a kind of RL thing. Lets say the Alastor needed to clear a room or something. You could just stick an arm in and hose it down with SMG fire or something. Or beanbag rounds from automatic shotguns etc. The AP mounts give you a useful fallback when a pretty large machine gun would be raw overkill.
« Last Edit: 20 November 2019, 14:38:35 by marauder648 »

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #21 on: 20 November 2019, 14:25:30 »
this is a superb production.
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 20 November 2019, 16:59:46 »
Oooh thank you :D And re being part of a shared universe, it could be, I didn't really think about tying the Delranes TRO and this one together, but the two could mesh well together.

I smell another project in the works.... >:D

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 20 November 2019, 19:52:58 »
Halfway thru: damn good!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 20 November 2019, 22:42:57 »
I smell another project in the works.... >:D

Nah we know what's next don't we Mr Willis :D

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #25 on: 21 November 2019, 06:17:37 »
I want to congratulate you marauder648 on the completion of another great BattleTech fanfic. I haven't gotten a chance to go over it with a fine tooth comb yet but it is a visually stunning piece which really makes your vision spring to life. Well done and I look forward to sitting back with your production to enjoy it again in detail which is high quality I suspect just like the rest of your BattleTech work. :thumbsup:

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 21 November 2019, 14:21:01 »
Thank you Takiro! I'm glad you're enjoying it thus far but please let me know what you think once you've had time to properly peruse it :)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #27 on: 21 November 2019, 21:55:12 »
>SQUEE!<

Finally!  Thanks!
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 22 November 2019, 05:04:57 »
>SQUEE!<

Finally!  Thanks!

Heh :D Glad ya all excited :) Have a read and any feedback is most welcome :D

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 22 November 2019, 10:44:12 »
The interior of the Blood Red Sandman was redolent with the scent of weapons propellants, the ozone tang of hard worked capacitors and human sweat as the Kratos assault tank came to a halt behind the hastily prepared firing position that a Hephaestus CEV had just backed out of.

“Beta Star, get to grid 34A, there are woods there, do not let them force their infantry through that sector.”
“Aff Star Colonel, will we get any support?” The voice of the Elemental was loud, strong, confident.
“I can give you three Nergal’s with fresh loads, but they are covering the sector, not just you.”
“Understood. They will not get past us.”

The Star Colonel closed the link, looking at the holo-map showing his forces and defensive positions as well as the lay of the terrain and natural obstacles. But he couldn’t help but glance at the camera on the rear of the tank. Kilometres away the distinctive shapes of Ordun class DropShips were quite visible, a score of the huge craft, each one with all their cargo bays open, high speed, high powered winches and cranes deployed as they hauled on tanks, Mechs aboard to be stowed as fast as possible.

‘Not quite the sight I was expecting. What any of us were expecting. Instead of victory, we stand on the edge of catastrophe…’ Liang thought to himself before the voice of his radio and defence systems operator snapped him back to reality.

“Sir, I want to check the port MG mount, it is showing a fault, the engineer’s said they had fixed it but…”
“Five minutes John, no less, and leave the hatch open, it will clear the air in here.”
That got a chuckle from Point Commander Lyle, the big tank’s gunner, a hardened veteran and the second in command of the tank.
“Empty the toilet while you are at it, its too fresh in here.”
There was a sigh over the intercom “Aff Point Commander…” the Radio Operator grumbled, drawing more chuckles from the crew. They’d served together for the two years of Operation REVIVAL and four years prior. They knew each other’s moods and capabilities and in battle operated as well oiled team.

Point Commander Lyle hauled himself out of his seat  on the left of the tanks main gunnery position  and up into the command space, greeting his Commander with a nod before looking at the maps that surrounded them. Lyle was an Elemental albeit a ‘small’ one at a ‘mere’ 6’6 that made him perfect for operating the Deimos battle armour. He’d been assigned to the tank of Star Colonel Liang, commander of the 23rd Mechanized Assault Cluster after being ‘temporarily’ put into the role of a gunner on a Nike IFV after his suit had been badly damaged. Recognising his capabilities, Lian had headhunted him and gotten the Elemental into his crew.

“Does not look good Boss, what we got?”
“Odds and sods..our survivors, as well as elements of the 42nd and some Crusaders from the 666th who are refusing to withdraw. Infantry support from the DropShips is heading up, mostly normal troops and heavy infantry support as well as some Elementals.”
“Any news on any orbital support?”
Liang frowned and shook his head. “Neg. The Khan and I had a…firm and direct discussion regarding that and he said he would not open that can of worms.”
Lyle grinned slightly “Hmph..it is your fault for being too much of a radical..I still remember the look Galaxy Commander Christin Cobb gave you when you suggested we deploy field artillery…”
The Star Colonel chuckled “Aff…but we could do with a battery or two of guns right now quiaff?”
“Aff…just do not send her a message saying that you was right and she was wrong eh?”

Before the Star Colonel could reply the radio crackled to life
“Alert! Hostile forces spotted, combined arms forces baring 331, speed estimated 50kph! ETA..One hour!”
On the map a series of bright red icons showed up as the data feed from the Asshur scout that had spotted the ComGuard forces was relayed to the tanks and Mech’s of the 23rd.

“Warrior Anya?”
“Star Colonel?”
“Make sure we have a full load, we are going to need it…”

Anya was the tanks ‘loader’, the person responsible for the primary weapon systems, their maintenance and operating. The former Technician had worked under the Star Colonel for years and he had sponsored her when she applied for the TankWarrior program. Her father had been an Elemental, her mother a Scientist and she seemed to have adopted the traits of both, being strong and clever and Liang knew that given time she would go far.  ‘If we survive this that is and if we have time..’

ComStar however didn’t give them a hour.

The air seemed alive with ribbons of fire and the searing lines of laser light. The 95-ton Kratos rocked gently as another shell landed nearby, sending dirt rocks fountaining up into the air, raining down on the blood red and black painted tank.
“Target Mech 011!”
The turret slewed, jerking to a halt.
“ON!”
Liang didn’t even have to give the order; Lyle had already stomped down on the foot trigger for the main guns. He could have used the trigger on the joysticks he used to control the rotation and elevation but he preferred the old-style mechanical interface of the foot pedal.
There was a loud electric snarl as the gauss rifle discharged along with the dual large pulse lasers. The Mech, a green and brown camouflaged Cestus staggered as the blitzing blue bolts punched melon sized holes in its right side before the gauss slug connected and connected hard. Another tank joined in, an Alke unloading its ultra-autocannon into the Mech which then seemed to erupt as a round found its gauss rifle’s capacitors. Its torso gutted and engine crippled the Mech fell, its pilot ejecting clear as the 65-ton war machine fell on its face.

“Driver reverse reverse right! Get us behind that berm!”
“Aff!”
There was a rumble as the LRM-15 fired, the missiles arching up and over the tank at a target Lyle had spotted, the turret turning, both gunner and commander hunting for targets.
“Infantry!”
“On it!”
Warrior John, another TankWarrior was the youngest member of the crew, as DSO or Defence Systems Operator it was his job to operate any defensive weapons as well as act as the tanks radio man. And now the 20-year-old ex Labourer was using the tanks bow mounted machine guns to cut down the infantry that the driver had spotted.

There was a scream over the radio and then a loud explosion that even managed to get through the sound proofing of the huge tank and Star Colonel Liang looked at the holo-display for a moment and winced. A Yama tank, its sides torn by laser and shellfire had slewn to a halt, twin jets of flame roaring from its turret hatches as ugly grey smoke billowed out of its barrel as its ammunition detonated turning the interior of the tank into a vision of hell.
“Target! Green 33!”
“On!”
A ComGuard tank, a Vedette had its bow plating smashed open by pulse laser fire before a little twitch of the turret sent a gauss slug into its comrade, both small tanks shuddered to a halt, one ‘brewing up’ as its ammunition ignited the other billowing black smoke before its crew bailed out, the three crew got all of a few meters before machine gun fire cut them down.

There was barely time to think about what had happened, ComGuard troops were surging forwards, Hell’s Horses infantry were counter attacking, Elementals leaping into the fray, reports of losses, kills, ammunition status, damage reports filled the airwaves and displays. It would have been overwhelming, terrifying. But Star Colonel Richard Liang had spent his whole life preparing for a battle such as this. He was a Trueborn, this was what they were bred, born and trained to do. To fight harder than an enemy, to win.
But even he could see he was only holding on.  The ComGuard forces were attacking in huge numbers, trying to punch through the rear-guard to get at the LZ and inflict carnage on the withdrawing Hell’s Horses troops. Barking out orders, directing movement and fire, he knew that every minute spent delaying the ComGuard forces was vital. Five minutes might mean another Star is loaded and able to fight another day, and so, every second was vital.

A Warhammer IIC stomped past, its left arm terminating at the elbow, trailing cables and bleeding fluids from the stump. The Mech was limping, its right knee a shattered ruin, its leg gouged and rent by energy and ballistic fire, coolant fluids and hydraulic lubricants running down the mech’s leg like blood from a wound but it was still fighting.  Pulse lasers blitzing, its remaining particle cannon bellowing in defiance and fury. Until a PPC blast caught it in the head.

“Down to four gauss rounds, LRM ammo is gone!”
“Right tracks jamming, I think it is a rock caught in the running gear, trying to clear!”
“Armour is wearing thin.”
The Blood Red Sandman shuddered as another heavy hit slammed into its bow, the tanks heavy ferro-fibrous armour rejecting the round, sending the round and the battered armour spraying away into the chaotic maelstrom around them.

“Save the rifle for something big, use the pulser’s only!”
“Aff, TARGET!”
“Incoming artillery!!”
“BRACE BRACE BRA….”

Senior Acolyte Jones kept his rifle at his shoulder as he and his squad walked through the battlefield. The ground was cut and torn, in some places shell craters were lip to lip and in it all was the detritus of war. Burned out tanks, smashed hovercraft, the hulks of Mechs and all too human shapes. Some less than human.

They were not hunting for targets though; they were hunting for survivors. Their own, and the Clans. MedTech’s were now the busiest people on Tukayyid, fighting to save the lives of the wounded, the maimed and burned.

The squad was approaching a Bolo tank, its turret pitted and cratered, the hull cut with laser fire.
“Thermal sigs at the back Adept..”
The point man whispered into her throat mic, and sure enough, there was some thermal signs, body heat. Not burning metal.

“Break and flank, if they resist subdue, do not kill.”
A small chorus of ‘Rogers’ sounded over the squads battlenet before Senior Acolyte took a deep breath and advanced past the towering bulk of the tank and brought his rifle up.

“Freeze! Nobody move!”

Jones didn’t expect to see a Clanner smile at him despite the many rifles now pointed at his chest.
“My shoulder is broken..I am I no mood for an afternoon jog Soldier.”
The Clanner stood, he’d been tending to the rest of his crew, a big man was laid out, his head heavily bandaged, a fierce looking woman was in a defensive crouch, a deadly sharp looking knife in her hands, two more Clanners were there, one unconscious, the other trying to sit upright despite having his leg in a field splint.
“I am Star Colonel Richard Liang…if you wish to take me prisoner though, you will have to fight me for that right to claim me and my crew as your Bondsman…”
« Last Edit: 22 November 2019, 16:05:36 by marauder648 »