Author Topic: Tamar Cavaliers  (Read 12726 times)

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Tamar Cavaliers
« on: 02 February 2011, 01:02:57 »
Anyone know anything about what happened to them in the Jihad?  I've searched the major Jihad books and "Tamar Cavaliers" never comes up.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Tamar Cavaliers
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2011, 01:11:51 »
Nothing in M&M.  Guess we'll have to wait for FR:LCAF?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2011, 01:21:56 »
That does seem to be the unfortunate case.  I'm out of Lyran units to paint though.  I've got a bunch of high-tech, new, Lyran mechs that have to be painted in the next 10 days and I've already used the Royal, Arcturan, Donegal, Alliance, and Lyran Guards.  I've even used the Skye Rangers and Lyran Regulars.  There's nothing left but militias, Jaegers (not going to happen), and the Cavvies.

Here's to hoping I don't waste my time... #P
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2011, 01:49:14 »
How about a House mercenary unit? There's usually some of those.

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2011, 02:15:11 »
A quick search of the most relevant other PDFs in my archive didn't reveal anything too specific either.

Maybe this is one for TPTB?
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

DarkMessiah

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • NGS-6T Nightsky - Mini-Berserker!
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2011, 03:51:24 »
No. they're one of the 17 LAAF units that have had no mention thus far in the Jihad. FR:LCAF should tell us, but that's a month away yet, barring delays.
Battletech fan, Battlecorp member (LYA-0BF3), Catalyst Demo Agent (#402), unapologetic Lyran Loyalist, and obsessed with canon custom designs.

Malvina Hazen for ilKhan!
3rd Lyran Royal Guards: The Pride of Tamar

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2011, 07:05:41 »
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #7 on: 02 February 2011, 11:40:45 »
I could've sworn something happened to them during the Civil War, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm basing this on, and am probably full of crap.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

deathfrombeyond

• Lieutenant
  • The fuel that powers the Successor States
« Reply #8 on: 02 February 2011, 12:09:54 »
That does seem to be the unfortunate case.  I'm out of Lyran units to paint though.  I've got a bunch of high-tech, new, Lyran mechs that have to be painted in the next 10 days and I've already used the Royal, Arcturan, Donegal, Alliance, and Lyran Guards.  I've even used the Skye Rangers and Lyran Regulars.  There's nothing left but militias, Jaegers (not going to happen), and the Cavvies.

Here's to hoping I don't waste my time... #P

What about the Skye Guards? Do they use the same colors as the Skye Rangers?

Also, what about going old school and going with defunct formations like the Republican Guard or Winfield's Brigade?
If House Kurita is a punching bag, at least it's the weeble-wobble type that punches back. House Liao's like a speed bag that just hangs there and takes it. - Neko Bijin

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 02 February 2011, 12:48:17 »
According to M&M the One Eyed Jacks have joined the Alliance as a house unit, the Blackjacks.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Joshua D

• Corporal
  • A Ranger must be free.
« Reply #10 on: 02 February 2011, 13:20:48 »
Yeah, but don't they return to their merc ways?  I swear they're in one of the MWDA books....

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 02 February 2011, 15:59:18 »
No. they're one of the 17 LAAF units that have had no mention thus far in the Jihad. FR:LCAF should tell us, but that's a month away yet, barring delays.
I can see most LAAF units being ignored, since the average unit strength going into the Jihad was what, negative 25%?  ;)
But the Cavaliers were near full strength, weren't they? I'd like to see what happened to them, and maybe see them get broken off the Skye brigade and form the core of a Tamar-in-exile brigade.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2011, 16:54:54 »
Yeah, but don't they return to their merc ways?  I swear they're in one of the MWDA books....

There's freelancer/Wyld's Jokers/Cyclops Company merc named "One Eyed" Jack Farrell.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 17:12:14 by Peacemaker »

Joshua D

• Corporal
  • A Ranger must be free.
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2011, 17:12:13 »
Ah, that must be it...

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #14 on: 02 February 2011, 22:13:25 »
Its possible that the Cavaliers were just left to rot garrisoning some world or another and didn't take part in the Jihad, possibly to lack of jumpships, need for dependable garrison units, etc.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2011, 23:43:57 »
Could be. I don't think they have a single action detailed in any book. They appear to be one of the only units that completely sat out the FCCW, for example.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #16 on: 03 February 2011, 00:02:52 »
Probably left on the Clan border, its their normal garrison post and what ever goodwill the Clans and the Inner Sphere have engendered to each other during the Jihad, I doubt the Lyrans would strip their borders with them of their mech garrisons.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #17 on: 03 February 2011, 00:06:54 »
I'm a little surprised they weren't disbanded to fill out some of the more depleted LAAF units following the FedCom civil war.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 03 February 2011, 11:01:03 »
I'm a little surprised they weren't disbanded to fill out some of the more depleted LAAF units following the FedCom civil war.
They'd probably have to send in a few RCTs to accomplish that, since the warriors in the Cavaliers are fanatically loyal to Tamar and would assumably resist being broken up. And impractical since they're an intact unit guarding the Clan border. And politically unwise since they're tied to Duke Kelswa-Steiner.

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #19 on: 03 February 2011, 11:07:01 »
I'd like to see them still around post-Jihad. They would be a constant reminder that vital  part of the LyrCom is still under enemy control
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #20 on: 03 February 2011, 11:17:23 »
Well hopefully, they don't follow Robert Kelwsa-Steiner into the Republic.

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 03 February 2011, 11:21:09 »
What about the Skye Guards? Do they use the same colors as the Skye Rangers?
Yup.  Black and red.

Also, what about going old school and going with defunct formations like the Republican Guard or Winfield's Brigade?
I'm including a bunch of topline 3075 and 3085 mechs into this unit.  Ergo, dead units would not have them and non-house units would not be at the front of the line to get them.
-Saul Tigh

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #22 on: 03 February 2011, 12:39:51 »
Well hopefully, they don't follow Robert Kelwsa-Steiner into the Republic.

I'm wondering if, as a unit with strong ties to the Duke of Skye, they had any role to play in the Bolan/Skye war against the FWL.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #23 on: 03 February 2011, 13:22:46 »
Hopefully they will be on the forefront of taking back some worlds from the moldey turkeys in the near future. Some Lyrans say good riddance to a pest of a region but I say there are loyal Lyrans that need to be brought back to the fold
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 03 February 2011, 16:07:38 »
I'm wondering if, as a unit with strong ties to the Duke of Skye, they had any role to play in the Bolan/Skye war against the FWL.
I'd doubt it. They played no role in his Skye Rebellion, the FCCW, or even Operation Audacity. I'm assuming transportation is an issue. Since hardly any of the Skye unit actively invaded the FWL (he apparently got the Bolan forces to do most of the fighting), its safer to assume the Cavaliers were on station on the Falcon border.

Sellsword

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #25 on: 03 February 2011, 16:45:31 »
According to M&M the One Eyed Jacks have joined the Alliance as a house unit, the Blackjacks.

Wow.  I completely missed this point.  What page is it on?

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 03 February 2011, 17:02:41 »
Wow.  I completely missed this point.  What page is it on?

Oh dear, looks like it got cut. Consider it a preview of FR:LA.  ;)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 03 February 2011, 19:24:13 »
D'oh! It's on p. 117 of Jihad: Terra.

Got my sources all mixed up.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #28 on: 03 February 2011, 20:06:01 »
I don't believe you Kit,even if you wrote it
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 03 February 2011, 20:26:33 »
 [tickedoff]

Register