Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels season four  (Read 14738 times)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Star Wars Rebels season four
« on: 16 October 2017, 15:55:32 »
Season 4 kicks off today. The first 2 episodes have already aired multiple times today, and will next air at 5:30 eastern. They're also up on demand on Fios, or you can go here: http://watchdisneyxd.go.com/star-wars-rebels
I have spoken.

Fat Guy

• Major
Re: Star Wars Rebels season four
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2017, 16:28:37 »
You can mark your calendars for the following episodes:

Monday, 10/16 – “Heroes of Mandalore”  Parts 1 & 2
    Monday, 10/23 – “In the Name of the Rebellion” Parts 1 & 2
    Monday, 10/30 – “The Occupation” and “Flight of the Defender”
    Monday, 11/6 – “Kindred” and “Crawler Commandeers”
    Monday, 11/13 – “Rebel Assault”

Following a holiday break, Star Wars Rebels will be back in early 2018 for its final run of episodes leading up to the series finale.
I have spoken.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2017, 17:54:07 »
I have to say that I really enjoyed "Heroes of Mandalore"...especially the nugget of lore we got about Mandalorian armor, and why it's so important to their people...and why the weapon that Sabine created was so anathema in the eyes of her people...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2017, 22:49:57 »
Ezra + jetpack  ;D
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2017, 09:43:40 »
A couple really good episodes this week. Ties into Rogue One very well. Interesting to see a female Death Trooper commander (and a nice change from the movie, being able to understand them!).
I have spoken.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2017, 19:10:07 »
A couple really good episodes this week. Ties into Rogue One very well. Interesting to see a female Death Trooper commander (and a nice change from the movie, being able to understand them!).

I was rather hoping that Death Trooper would appear later in the season as a recurring enemy...

oh well...

The episodes were quite good though...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 26 October 2017, 04:00:56 »
Definitely getting more serious here compared to the start.  But still light hearted enough.

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2017, 22:04:51 »
Loved the scene ripped straight from Patton: Thrawn standing his ground against the Defender with a pistol.   8)
I have spoken.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 31 October 2017, 01:11:54 »
He's a little too confident in his plot armor there.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 31 October 2017, 07:18:01 »
ACK cliffhangars.  Up till now, we haven't really had any.  Not sure I like it.

So, something I noticed from what we've seen of the base at the Massasi Temple:  The Rebels appear to be out of A-Wings.  Just some old Y-wings sitting around, but still no X-Wings to be found.  Oh I do hope they "liberate" them.  That was always a fun storyline from Legends.  Be a real shame if they just show up.

On the Imperial side, those Defenders sure are nasty little buggers as they should be, but luckily, as of yet, we've only seen a couple.

Thrawn continues to impress with his ability to determine who's doing what and the fact he seems to have balls of steel (though he should know that shooting a fighter equipped with shields with a sidearm is pointless).  I also notice Lothal appears to have started getting strip mined.  Given the Jedi temple there where Ezra found his lightsaber crystal, they might be trying to harvest the big ones for use in the death star like what they were also doing on Jeddha (and presumably elsewhere given the rebels have now intercepted two shipments)
« Last Edit: 31 October 2017, 07:41:55 by BirdofPrey »

Kentares

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 01 November 2017, 05:29:21 »
Its just me or theres something fishy about why theyre running two episodes at a time before The Last Jedi?

Could be that something around half season is related to it?

(Ray is daughter of someone in the show - Ezra maybe  :P)
Star Wars ST and Star Trek current shows are crap.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 01 November 2017, 07:03:35 »
I would LOVE it if there was SOME tie in between the movies and other media.
The books, comics and animated series have done well expanding on the movies, but very little ever seems to make its way back aside from very minor references like Coruscant's name or General Syndulla getting a mention.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2017, 12:53:23 »
Given Ezra's lack of romantic interests to date and how little time there is before TLJ comes out, I sure hope they're not going to go with that type of reveal.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #13 on: 01 November 2017, 15:09:57 »
not sure the timeline works for that.. it's been established that Rey was born in 15 ABY, while the current Rebels season is 1 BBY, and Ezra was born 19 BBY (same day as the Empire and Luke skywalker), with Sabine being 2 years older (born 21 bby)

while having a kid in their 30's wouldn't be too odd, i have a hard time seeing how anything in season 4 of rebels could be connected to something that won't occur for another sixteen years. especially since they still haven't actually taken the Sabine/Ezra thing beyond "ezra has a crush"
personally i suspect that if Season 4 of rebels and TLJ have a connection, it will be something else. like Thrawn, or we see Hera and the Ghost, or something.

or it could just be that they want to get Season 4 over with before all the craziness around TLJ's release really hits and skews their ratings. (since the success of season 4 very likely will effect whatever their next big show project is)

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2017, 15:36:54 »
not sure the timeline works for that.. it's been established that Rey was born in 15 ABY, while the current Rebels season is 1 BBY, and Ezra was born 19 BBY (same day as the Empire and Luke skywalker), with Sabine being 2 years older (born 21 bby)

while having a kid in their 30's wouldn't be too odd, i have a hard time seeing how anything in season 4 of rebels could be connected to something that won't occur for another sixteen years. especially since they still haven't actually taken the Sabine/Ezra thing beyond "ezra has a crush"
personally i suspect that if Season 4 of rebels and TLJ have a connection, it will be something else. like Thrawn, or we see Hera and the Ghost, or something.

or it could just be that they want to get Season 4 over with before all the craziness around TLJ's release really hits and skews their ratings. (since the success of season 4 very likely will effect whatever their next big show project is)

The Fourth season is running only until Nov 18th, I think, then broadcast the back half of season four after the New Year.....

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2017, 15:44:45 »
looks like a pure "we don't want to have to compete with TLJ hype" to me then. with maybe an element of easter eggs the way the Ghost and Chopper were in Rogue One.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2017, 20:49:26 »
The Fourth season is running only until Nov 18th, I think, then broadcast the back half of season four after the New Year.....

Craig
Isn't Solo coming in May '18?  I have felt for a while that each Rebels half season was going to be a lead up to TLJ and Solo.  Not in content mind you but just as part of the larger Spaceballs merchandising campaign.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2017, 23:18:14 »
Hmm, well they've run into Lando.  Maybe the crew of the Ghost will run into Han or Chewie.

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2017, 00:29:58 »
Hmm, well they've run into Lando.  Maybe the crew of the Ghost will run into Han or Chewie.

Not according to this article: https://io9.gizmodo.com/dont-expect-any-han-solo-connections-in-the-final-seaso-1819778707

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2017, 00:43:42 »
i'm personalyl hoping we'll see a connection going the other way.. a han solo film would be a good place to see Hondo, Azmorgan, or Vizago make an appearance, at least on the scale of what the ghost, chopper, and Hera got in Rogue One.

also, i am of the Opinion the Ghost is the better ship. the falcon is fast.. but that's about all it has going for it. the Ghost has better firepower, is definitely in better shape, and actually seems to be more agile. (though hard to tell if that is the ship or just the pilot)
« Last Edit: 02 November 2017, 00:47:39 by glitterboy2098 »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #20 on: 02 November 2017, 00:45:58 »
Hondo definitely seems like someone Han would know.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 02 November 2017, 00:49:39 »
Hondo definitely seems like someone Han would know.
and Azmorgan seems to be the kind of crime lord Han might end up taking a job from from time to time, while Vizago could well be a bit of a competitor. and with Lando having dealt with all three at different points in the rebels show (based on dialog), it wouldn't be much of a stretch for them all to have worked in the same circles enough to recognize each other.
« Last Edit: 02 November 2017, 00:51:31 by glitterboy2098 »

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 02 November 2017, 04:01:07 »
also, i am of the Opinion the Ghost is the better ship. the falcon is fast.. but that's about all it has going for it. the Ghost has better firepower, is definitely in better shape, and actually seems to be more agile. (though hard to tell if that is the ship or just the pilot)
The Falcon has better firepower than the Ghost.  Concussion missile launchers make the difference.  I think the Falcon's shields are better as well.  If memory serves, it has some serious military shields.

What the Ghost has going for it is stealth tech.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #23 on: 02 November 2017, 11:05:10 »
The Ghost has proton torp tubes. Just saying. :D (It's also bigger, not that THAT necessarily says much)

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 02 November 2017, 12:26:20 »
bear in mind that I haven't actually seen stats for the ghost, just going from whats on screen.

the falcon is likely about the same speed (or a touch slower) sublight, but a lot faster than the ghost in hyperspace. I don't see the ghost as having more than a 1.0 or 0.75 hyperdrive, the falcon has a 0.5 hyperdrive.

as far as firepower, the ghost has a couple forward lasers, and a twin laser turret I think.  the falcon has 2 quad gun turrets, 2 concussion missile tubes, (forward) they are in between the forward mandibles and a retractable blaster for anti personnel use.  as far as the falcons durability, it has reinforced military grade shields, and a reinforced hull. from what a stock yt-1300 has.

if you go by the novel Millennium Falcon, before Lando, and Han got their hands on the falcon, it had actually been totaled, basically someone took 2 (or 3) basically destroyed yt-1300 freighters and cobbled together 1 working ship out of them. the falcon had been pretty extensively modified and upgraded even before Han got it, and he upgraded and modified it further from there. such as upgrading the sensors etc.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 02 November 2017, 14:44:06 »
the Ghost has the twin laser turret forward, the dorsal twin laser turret, can use its mounted starfighter-shuttle as an aft twin laser turret, and has dual proton torpedo launchers.the Ghost also has a reinforced hull and military grade shields. this is all shown in the show. the lasers are also starfighter grade with long ranges, compared to the short ranged quadguns on the falcon. the Falcon's quadguns do have a bit better rate of fire though.
the ghost also has the ability to spoof the sensors of other ships.. scrambling its own signature to go unnoticed or to feed false information.

i base my agility claims on the show vs the falcon in ROTJ. the Ghost, even in the hands of Sabine, chopper, or Kanan definitely has an edge over the falcon in pure maneuverability.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #26 on: 02 November 2017, 16:04:22 »
The Falcon is usually running at less than optimal capacity on its systems due to lack of routine maintenance, isn't it?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 02 November 2017, 16:49:56 »
no it gets a lot of routine maintenance, especially after they joined the rebels. the falcon's problem is that it is basically a junkpile flying in a loose formation that resembles a ship, that requires constant tinkering and juryrigging just to keep flying.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 02 November 2017, 17:39:54 »
no it gets a lot of routine maintenance, especially after they joined the rebels. the falcon's problem is that it is basically a junkpile flying in a loose formation that resembles a ship, that requires constant tinkering and juryrigging just to keep flying.
And it's an old, old model of ship, and certainly there seems to be only so much you can do with that. Since we got a canonical YT-2400 in Rebels, which belonged to the teenager's father (so the 2400's not exactly this year's spring model!), the YT-1300 is definitely MUCH older than the Ghost, which was fairly new just a few years before the events of Rebels as per A New Dawn. In Tarkin they also capture a 1300 and for some reason I remember them saying it predates the Clone Wars by a fair margin. I think. Now I can't find the reference; I know Vader was torturing the captain but my speedreading skills have failed me.

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #29 on: 02 November 2017, 17:54:56 »
It was in Revenge of the Sith:

George Lucas confirmed that it was the Millennium Falcon itself and not just another ship of the same class. And it was old then.
I have spoken.