Author Topic: Reign of the Tetakuni - An A Time of War Adventure and sourcebook.  (Read 13848 times)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Reign of the Tetakuni - An A Time of War Adventure and sourcebook.
« Reply #60 on: 18 January 2023, 02:12:02 »
Not really planning to, at this moment.

Because I can't really write when I'm listening to most podcasts or news stories and such, I tend to either play WoW or tinker with drawings when doing so. These colorizations came about as some of these idle endeavors. Same thing that led to the Seeker spreads I did for no particular reason.

- Herb
« Last Edit: 18 January 2023, 11:44:21 by HABeas2 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #61 on: 18 January 2023, 09:13:27 »
Gotcha, I will get enter and try to add them.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Horsemen

• Four for the price of one!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #62 on: 01 February 2023, 17:39:09 »
This was a very pleasant find. Thank you Herb!

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #63 on: 01 February 2023, 20:32:15 »
This was a very pleasant find. Thank you Herb!

Glad you like it!

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #64 on: 06 September 2023, 03:39:19 »
Ding!

Yay! 100 downloads (or more) of all three sections! Only took two years!

(Wow; Ray was RIGHT to pass on this one!  :laugh:)

- Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #65 on: 06 September 2023, 03:42:52 »
Well, it's not like it was marketed or anything... ;)

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #66 on: 06 September 2023, 20:30:27 »
Which is where the problem is. I didn't know about it until I read about it in another thread. By then it had been up for a year. I did enjoy it though. I thought it was great!

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #67 on: 07 September 2023, 12:52:52 »
Maybe, but then, how well marketed are any of the April 1/Halloween fun projects, beyond a post in the New Releases threads?

- Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #68 on: 07 September 2023, 17:02:21 »
Even that is more marketing than this project received... and as I recall, those products were also all listed on the various web stores.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #69 on: 07 September 2023, 23:21:52 »
True enough, but the stores weren't an option once Ray said "NO!" to this one. ;)

Mind you, guys, I'm not exactly complaining here. I made this for fun, and I had fun with it! I'm just making observations at this point.

- Herb

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #70 on: 14 September 2023, 14:07:58 »
You should do a " Return to Tetakuni " with three more sections that can be added.

Side adventure, added NPCs, places of interest, a combat Jumpship? Civil War between the Tetatae Clans?

Tetatae Successor Wars?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #71 on: 14 September 2023, 14:58:05 »
You should do a " Return to Tetakuni " with three more sections that can be added.

Side adventure, added NPCs, places of interest, a combat Jumpship? Civil War between the Tetatae Clans?

Tetatae Successor Wars?

Don't think I haven't considered it. Of course, I openly stated in the material that the Tetakuni are far less aggressive than humans, and thus less prone to open warfare, but they also aren't 100% peaceniks either. Given the varied governments and their varied views on human preserves, it's POSSIBLE we could see conflicts between Tetakuni nations that get humans involved, but full-scale Succession Wars, even in the Diaspora? Unlikely...

Of course, I ALSO considered a Syberia Scenario Pack based on the opening miniseries of the G1 Transformers cartoon, so, yeah...

- Herb

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 14 September 2023, 15:13:09 »
Should include some Headmasters, ancient Syberian constructs with BA style heads...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #73 on: 14 September 2023, 19:54:52 »
Should include some Headmasters, ancient Syberian constructs with BA style heads...

I believe I said in the Syberian AutoMechs thread elsewhere that there are two ways I could have approached Headmasters. One was as a Code-Bonded unit between an AutoMech and an MiniMech. The other was, well, as a standard BattleMech. The former is basically how I handled the cassette bots and has the advantage that they could still exist on Syberia in its present timeline. The latter would reflect the general reality that Headmasters required an organic component to be complete and has the disadvantage in the fact that all humans on Syberia have been dead for centuries now.

The only distant "third" option--a human-operated battlesuit that rode in the head--is a variation of the second that basically has the Cyberians developing the Machina Domini interface, would be about the closest Syberia could get to the cartoon Headmasters shy of making transforming units at human size. Lore-wise, though, this adds a whole new wrinkle in giving WoB tech to the Syberians that I would have trouble justifying, as it's the same default problem as the second option: there are no surviving Syberian humans. See, as I wrote it, only the Syberian humans, who made them and had the necessary access codes and authority to wrangle Syberian AIs without destroying them, and the presence of even one such individual in the "present" would basically undo the whole concept of robots stuck in eternal war. (I would also have to make rules that make it possible for an AutoMech to still have its CPUs in the cockpit area with the human when the two are together, which would probably entail some interesting special effects not seen in the setting.... I could see it as a pre-extinction setting extra, though. Hmm...)

- Herb

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #74 on: 14 September 2023, 20:26:30 »
Stasis Tubes...

Like I said, ancient Syberian constructs...

Some old Headmaster, last of his kind...

Think last Templar Knight from Indiana Jones and the Diet Cola test...

Choose wisely.

They'll show you the suits and all, but you'd need to be part Borg, and well the process is demanding and quite painful.

TT
« Last Edit: 14 September 2023, 20:29:20 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #75 on: 14 September 2023, 21:02:26 »
Stasis Tubes...

Have you READ the rules for those? Even if you were a perfect specimen with an AToW BOD and INT of 8, there's a better-than-50 percent chance that you'd be dead after a decade or two in one of those, and that's with no power interruptions! You can probably make it closer to indefinite with routine maintenance every 5 years (which would include thawing and refreezing the subject each time), but it's definitely not a way to survive for centuries in a forgotten place.

- Herb