Author Topic: Favorite Chaos Campaign System  (Read 3486 times)

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Favorite Chaos Campaign System
« on: 18 November 2022, 13:55:01 »
So one of the benefits and curses of the Chaos campaign system is that no two campaign modules are exactly the same, and the system itself is quite flexible and modular. We've gotten campaigns dedicated to short, generic conflicts (Succession Wars), others tailored for long campaigns in a specific time, region, and culture (Wars of Reaving), and just about everywhere in between. So I pose the question to all of you: which supplement provides your favorite Chaos Campaign format? Not just in terms of the tracks available, but also the configuration of the core mechanics and general structure of campaigns using the system.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

EDG

• Master Sergeant
Re: Favorite Chaos Campaign System
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2022, 14:11:18 »
How many are there and what are they?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2022, 18:06:56 »
I think Tukayyid. It feels the most integrated and polished. Salvage rules are easy enough to add on to given any of the other books
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2022, 23:23:12 »
What I want is some second glances on Total Chaos (either in the form errata?) to make some of the missions less ambiguous in how they describe their objectives (or assign their Optionals; would be nice to run any of the missions at night but that isn't always available as a option)
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

jasonf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 20 November 2022, 16:49:41 »
I think Tukayyid. It feels the most integrated and polished. Salvage rules are easy enough to add on to given any of the other books

I agree with Tukayyid. I tweak the Chaos Campaign with a decent amount of house rules, but the Tukayyid version  is a good a baseline as any, even if you go the house rule adjustments route. I'd like to see the Force Points approach to building forces expanded on in future products, since it gives good flexibility while maintaining game balance.

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2022, 19:23:51 »
I wish the Tukayyid Campaign Rules would have been compatible with regular Inner Sphere units.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 23 November 2022, 20:43:09 »
One fun addition of 'House Rules' during a Chaos Campaign would be grabbing the Public Opinion Rules from Operation Flashpoint.  That has fun stuff such as if you defeat the opponent by 3:1 or higher in odds, the loser actually looks better to the public as they cheer for the underdog.  Similarly, if you lose but you do it well you get local allies helping you out with supplies, maps, guides, and even basic troopers willing to help out.

Lone-Wolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 22 December 2022, 09:25:14 »
I would like to add that I found the so-called Chaos Campaign V2.2
This includes also rules of how many points it costs to modify your mech and how many missions you cant use said mech.
And it includes selling a unit.

SLDF_Gunslinger

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2023, 22:08:04 »
I would like to add that I found the so-called Chaos Campaign V2.2
This includes also rules of how many points it costs to modify your mech and how many missions you cant use said mech.
And it includes selling a unit.

Any chance we could get a link to/copy of said Chaos Campaign V2.2 rules?

Register