Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 237900 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
And before anybody asks, because he is an idiot and it makes loud noises. It probably isn't even an omni anymore. He probably forced a technician to swap it out with an ICE and modified it so he could Coal Roll in front of the Wardens because he thought he existed off warden tears.

When that idiot died he was the first dude to make it in the remembrance not because he died honorably but because the clan was relieved.

And then the idiot Ian Hawker committed suicide and ushered in a second golden age for our great clan.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
And before anybody asks, because he is an idiot and it makes loud noises. It probably isn't even an omni anymore. He probably forced a technician to swap it out with an ICE and modified it so he could Coal Roll in front of the Wardens because he thought he existed off warden tears.

When that idiot died he was the first dude to make it in the remembrance not because he died honorably but because the clan was relieved.

And then the idiot Ian Hawker committed suicide and ushered in a second golden age for our great clan.

You're being far too subtle.  Tell us how you really feel.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Angus Labov didn't deserve the death he got....

But Ian Hawker deserved that death. If only someone had thrown a KNIFE into his THROAT.

Oh well. Maybe he was a necessary catalyst for us to fire all of our crusaders into the sun so we could become roaming space traders.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
How did Labov go, I sort of remember it during the Jihad publications but trying to find out what happened to folks was hard.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
How did Labov go, I sort of remember it during the Jihad publications but trying to find out what happened to folks was hard.
Brett Andrews Reaved him by killing him with a throwing knife at the Grand Council to set off his time as ilKhan. Why shooting N'Buta is a horrible violation but knifing Labov wasn't is a question that only Clan hypocrisy could answer
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Brett Andrews Reaved him by killing him with a throwing knife at the Grand Council to set off his time as ilKhan. Why shooting N'Buta is a horrible violation but knifing Labov wasn't is a question that only Clan hypocrisy could answer

At that point, Andrews was at the apex of his power, I think the CSV Perigard Zalman was still a thing, the Clans had not figured out at that point that the whole Reavings thing might be a bad idea.  Once everything hit the fan, and they were cleaning up the aftermath, the rest of the Clans definitely needed a reason to get rid of Andrews.

So, yeah, Clan Hypocrisy pretty much sums it up.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
It also was hardly a real trial. Brett Andrews was like, "Let's fight about it!" then threw a knife into his throat. It was an obvious abuse. People were just letting the Steel Vipers get away with literal murder at that point.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I think that we should do a design challenge for Ian Hawkers ride.....

Have creators make the dumbest, most idiotic crusader ride possible. Obviously not a lot of possible equipment since he rode it into Tukayyid but I feel like something could be done.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Our other ride is being added to MWO by the way. Warhammer IIC - 95% chance made of being by a Sea Fox. Buy yours today. 10% of all profits go to Sea Fox wild life preserves and the ocean preservation fund. (Keep the oceans clean! so we can keep making Harjel.)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I think that we should do a design challenge for Ian Hawkers ride.....

Have creators make the dumbest, most idiotic crusader ride possible. Obviously not a lot of possible equipment since he rode it into Tukayyid but I feel like something could be done.

I'm thinking a ridiculous amount of large bore autocannons with no ammo.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I'm thinking a ridiculous amount of large bore autocannons with no ammo.

That's it Jklantern! Not no Ammo. But... One Round of Ammo.

Just an assault mech full of single shot LRM's and SRM's.

File Footage of Ian Hawker in his mech.

https://youtu.be/GnGq7zmOmHU?t=440
« Last Edit: 11 October 2018, 05:31:50 by Kitsune413 »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
This is also an accurate depiction of the merchant caste observing Ian Hawker. Just watching him expend ammo and doing the math in their head.... then complaning about someone losing them an engine.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
That's it Jklantern! Not no Ammo. But... One Round of Ammo.

Just an assault mech full of single shot LRM's and SRM's.

File Footage of Ian Hawker in his mech.

https://youtu.be/GnGq7zmOmHU?t=440

Obviously, Hawker was a Smoke Jaguar fanboy.  And just about as successful as they were.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
The IlClan approaches, and with it,the fate of our beloved Clan is in the balance.  Will we make the splash and go for the glory?  Or will we be satisfied to milk everyone dry as they struggle for dominance and Terra?

What of our dealings with Davion?  Will that turn into a fruitful partnership?  Seems the likely course to me, but I do not know for sure.  The waters are murky, and the direction of fate unclear.

Trothkin.  I bid you well in your doings and I hope to hear from you soon.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Final Exam tomorrow.

finished the Didactic portion of my schooling today.

Now it's all trials of position.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Good luck with all of it!  Bring them to their knees!

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Just noticing the request for Ian Hawker's ride . . .

A Hellbringer with a LB-20X w/2t ammo in one arm & a UAC/20 w/1t ammo in the other with a pair of ERSL in the CT.  Each side torso has ammo from the neighboring gun.

Lots of pain at 12 hexes . . .
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
I feel like the Ultra-20's more deserving of the second ton of ammo. It's not like you'd be using either gun for very long, so I'd wager getting a solid 5 rounds of combat out of both would make more sense.

IE Double tap and spam one ton of Cluster or Slug for the other Autocannon.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan

A Hellbringer with a LB-20X w/2t ammo in one arm & a UAC/20 w/1t ammo in the other with a pair of ERSL in the CT.  Each side torso has ammo from the neighboring gun.

That's a pretty good design for Hawker. I think that its two more tons of ammo than he'd think to bring, but I think it's very fitting for most absurd hellbringer challenge.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Or 4 ER Micros instead of the ERSLs if you want to take it a bit further.

Hmm, I was doing it on rough math at work . . . so instead of 2 ERSL it would be 3.  Or 6 ER Micros . . . 1 in each arm, side torso, and 2 in CT . . . feel free to move 1 in to each leg- or all that are not in the CT for funzies.
Colt Ward

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?

No wonder he couldn't defend his spawn from the Wolves.

Btw, what source is that from?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Or 4 ER Micros instead of the ERSLs if you want to take it a bit further.

Hmm, I was doing it on rough math at work . . . so instead of 2 ERSL it would be 3.  Or 6 ER Micros . . . 1 in each arm, side torso, and 2 in CT . . . feel free to move 1 in to each leg- or all that are not in the CT for funzies.

But to make it extra Ian Hawkery could we replace those lasers with a one shot LRM-SRM launcher? Foresight isn't his strong point.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
No wonder he couldn't defend his spawn from the Wolves.

Btw, what source is that from?

I made a request that posters develop the most absurd Ian Hawker mech build. Just something that was loud and flashy but had no substance and no longevity.

and Colt came through. This Hellbringer is mental.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
I now have the desire to play this 'roided Hunchback IIC on a city map in MM . . . and I would give it good odds to slide into a building, even with a Khan level pilot.
Colt Ward

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Lol, that works. I thought there was a chance this Hellbringer might be canon.  It fits Hawkers personality well. 

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Lol, that works. I thought there was a chance this Hellbringer might be canon.  It fits Hawkers personality well.

Which proves my point. That Hellbringer is stupid and everybody is like, "Yeah. That checks out."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
His special rules in Era Report 3052 are like, "50% chance the Diamond Shark Force only has half it's ammo."

Which matches this special Hellbringer perfectly.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I see that... And that is a khan with that rule.  Most others have some rule that helps them. But I guess that was why he got elected, the merchants expected him to get himself killed.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Get killed or make a profit, the Sharkfox way...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I see that... And that is a khan with that rule.  Most others have some rule that helps them. But I guess that was why he got elected, the merchants expected him to get himself killed.

Well... only sometimes does he not bring Ammo with his force.
There is a chance that he gives the enemy off map movement.
There is a chance that he gives the enemy over run movement.
Then, finally there is a chance that the force he is with gets an improved chance to pass morale checks.

That means  67% of the time Ian Hawker provides an advantage to the opposing force.