BattleTech Game Universe > The Periphery

MoC MIM

(1/2) > >>

Porshadoxus:
I've strolled through the Periphery subforum and cannot find this discussion. Forgive me if I've missed it.

Several sources (not cited) speak of the Magistracy's sudden rise in intelligence capability, but I cannot recall seeing an explanation for that increase. Is the increased capability of the MIM explained somewhere? If not, what are the leading theories that explain the phenomenon?

DOC_Agren:
My guess for years was that they stumbled over either a Clan Wolverine grouping , or a an ex-star league Intel post somewhere out on the Rim.

AlphaMirage:
You had a change of leadership with Emma Centrella in charge during the 3040-60s, a strong very involved Magistrix can be a major boon to your covert service. The increase could also be related to the general increase in connectivity and prosperity due to the Helm Core bringing new jumpships online which allowed the formerly astrographically constrained MIM to operate further afield. Additionally there was closer cooperation with the Davions early on, and Taurians, Capellans, and Word of Blake later that could explain some of their increased capability. Plus the Canopians were the only periphery realm to venture into the Clan Homeworlds during the Great Refusal and there is a high likelihood there were many MIM operatives within that contingent that came back with ideas, personnel, data, and prototype equipment from Huntress.

ANS Kamas P81:
And then there's the Ebon Magistrate, which AFAIK hasn't had its origins explained anywhere; they just suddenly were always there.

AlphaMirage:

--- Quote from: ANS Kamas P81 on 14 April 2024, 20:13:15 ---And then there's the Ebon Magistrate, which AFAIK hasn't had its origins explained anywhere; they just suddenly were always there.

--- End quote ---

I mean they weren't 'always there' it's heavily implied to be Emma Centrella's answer to a Lohegrin/Death Commando-type organization of fanatically loyal and cybernetically enhanced covert operatives. Its probable that they were formerly something of a secret police/ROM-adjacent that took on more paramilitary missions until the Shadow War.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version