Author Topic: Battletech Long Island III  (Read 109125 times)

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Reply #840 on: 30 October 2022, 13:47:09 »
Inbound dropship:

Addressing his faithful retinue Pope Urban II vehemently declares.  "Well my faithful pilgrims, we are now planet bound to this place called the "Rock". It is our last stop before we depart on our crusade to the "clan home worlds". Our pious priest has assured me this place has adequate food and water stock our holds for most of the journey to the land of the heathen clans. We shall bring the sacred word to them, they will convert to the true faith, or they shall die."

Bob sot-to voice to his friend next to him during the speech; "Yo Tom, are you buying any of this malarky?" "A Crusade? seriously with just 1 jumpship and 2 dropships? This guy is nuts."

Tom:" Nope, not a single word, but considering what's going on here between the houses and "his "priests" going elsewhere is better than being here. Besides we're no longer dispossessed nor have to worry about bounties or bounty hunters..."
Bob; "True."
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #841 on: 31 October 2022, 15:17:32 »
“To all GSF units you will need to prep a force to help civilians in the Eastern Desert that are under attack from bandit forces. We do not know the size or makeup of said bandits. Please keep in mind when picking units that this is deep in the Eastern Desert and you will be dealing with the soft sand in that area. The civilians are moving to an oasis but you will need to keep the bandits from reaching said oasis. A pair of Buccaneer Class DropShips will be your transport for this mission. They will drop you close to the bandits but not so close for them to be attacked by the bandits.”

OK people this is the next mission.
Normal Deployment for GSF units.
We will have some different rules added so please check them out.

Special Rules
Due to being deep in the desert all Battlemech and wheeled units will suffer a -1 MP for running/flank speed.
All wheeled vehicles will have to make pilot checks at the start of a flank movement to see if they get stuck (Dig wheels into the soft sand).
Hover vehicles will have to make pilot checks at all speeds (due to the soft sand).
Hover vehicles will have to make pilot checks after flank speed runs (to see if the engine clogs with sand).
VTOLs will have to make pilot checks if at level 3 or lower (due to the dust cloud kicked up from the rotors).
VTOLs will have to make pilot checks if the land or at level 1 during movement (to see if engine clogs with sand).
« Last Edit: 31 October 2022, 15:21:41 by shadhawk »

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #842 on: 03 November 2022, 11:19:31 »
That sounds badass, but I can't make it this or next month.
Strength Through Perseverance

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #843 on: 03 November 2022, 11:29:48 »
That sounds badass, but I can't make it this or next month.

You shall be missed sir

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #844 on: 03 November 2022, 15:22:46 »
Sorry to hear that. :(

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #845 on: 03 November 2022, 17:08:50 »
Retail work during holiday season = blackout dates for time off requests.
Strength Through Perseverance

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #846 on: 04 November 2022, 17:01:41 »
Later in his spartan cabin Pope Urban.
"Do you think they bought it?"
 "Don't you mean 'Do you think they bought the act that I am stark raving mad?' Most definitely my friend, most definitely indeed. It's doubtful we can swing the indigs to believe and side with us. No thanks to that damnable Governor, her GSF, and the idiocy of the BDS but at the very least we can keep them preoccupied jumping to put out brush fires so they don't send aid or discover any of our other missions or objectives." Replied the rooms other occupant dressed in an old threadbare mercenary unit and yet in stark contrast to her uniform the overhead light glaringly reflected of the Greek Epsilon VIII on her collar.
"Good."
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #847 on: 06 November 2022, 10:09:08 »

Quotable

the best swords stay in their sheaths
                                                                  Nejiroan proverb   

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #848 on: 06 November 2022, 10:13:18 »

Quotable 

It was polite to be armed. It was more polite to gently, subtly display the fact that you were armed to avoid needless confrontations. Such behavior showed a person of honor, one whose face could not lightly be damaged.     

Through the Cracks - A History   

« Last Edit: 06 November 2022, 10:15:56 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #849 on: 07 November 2022, 12:17:12 »
                                                                                    Quotable 

"....but historically most noble daughters were trained for defensive battles. Lords got to pick their soldiers, their terrain, a lot of times even their wars. Daughters and wives..." 

"Got to deal with the mess when Ye High King marched off over the hill and, instead of meeting him for a nice honorable slice-em-up, Mordred pounced on the castle"

"...And do it with anyone who made it inside before they had to slam the gates."

"Huh, okay, good. Castle on wheels, but hey, whatever works." 

Tracks of the Apocalypse
                                                                                             shooting script zpoc dystopian historical drama
  (takes place mostly on a train)

Mogul Productions, Nejiro

« Last Edit: 07 January 2023, 14:30:23 by eilidhdawn »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #850 on: 11 November 2022, 11:01:57 »
“Lieutenant Ash can I have a word with you” Jemma asks.
“Sure Captain, what can I do for you?”
“I am sure you know of the offer that Stark offered the GSF.”
“Word of it has been getting around.”
“Quintin thinks that you and Lieutenant Rey may be of help for us to provide something for this as funds are a bit low.”
“What do you think the two of us can do to help?”
“I am sure that two ladies of your talents could find out what is needed to make the armor for the Battle Suits.”
“That is a tall order. Do you have any idea of just how many different types of armor are made for Battle suits?”
“I know of a few but we are only looking for the most common type at this time. The standard form is what should be in the startup we are working on.”
“That is not too much at this time but if a later ‘ask’ is made for an advanced type, that will be a very big ask. I do hope that the others understand that.”
‘They do. That is why we are only looking for the basic plate. The list is how to make and any special tools needed.”
“The how to make is?”
“A formula to make the armor as it is not the same as normal armor plate.”
“Tools?”
“Any special tools need in the manufacturing of said armor, again as it is not the same as normal armor plate on vehicles or ‘Mechs.”
“Getting that type of equipment will not be easy and just may get unwanted attention.”
“They did not ask us to get the tools they asked if special tools are needed. With the different companies on world they should be able to make the needed tools here.”
“What about any ultra tech items?”
“Again why going for standard plate. The Stealth armors would be in need of things like that, part of why we are not looking at them at this time.”
“I will talk with Rey and see what we can do.” She looks at Jemma. “It is understood that this is not something that will be done overnight?”
“Yes, we have time as other things need to be done before what we will do can start.”
“Good, as long as we all have an understanding on that.”

“So how are you and the others doing after the long trip out here?”
“So far so good, we found a place to setup shop in Hilo.” Himiko tells her grandfather.
“That is good. When do you think you will open the school?”
“Not sure, the space is great and open so we can do what we need. The problem is how to set it up.”
“I’m sure that you and the others will do fine.”
“So how are you doing?”
“So far, OK. The adjustment is harder then I figured but we are working on it.”
“Anything I can do to help?”
“For now nothing I can think of. I am looking for a way to raise funds for a project one of the local companies has offered but as we are the new unit on the block it is challenging.”
“If the school was up we could help, but at this time ….”
“No worries dear, I will think of something and all will work out.”
“So what is the offer? We may be of help with all the tech types we have we just might have something they need.”
“Well they have offered to setup limited production lines for Endo-Steel, Ferro-Fibrous Armor, Ferro-Titanium and stand Battle Suit armor plate. All things that are needed by the GSF.” Looking at his data pad Duke flips a few pages. “The Battle Suit armor I know the Militias here are world will need as well.”
“Well I think we just may be of help. Do the locals know how to make any of these items?”
“Not that I know of, part of the proposal was if we could get them a list of what is needed and formulas to make the items.”
“Well I know that in one of the computers we have is how to make Endo-Steel. It is just finding the one that has it.”
“Why would have something like that?”
“We were/are a technical school.” She rolls her eyes at him. “I also looked over the gear you took out here and Endo is a major item you need to keep the ‘Mechs up and running. I figured that with time we could help you out with it. We may not have the tools but I am sure that if we work with the others things can happen.” Thinking for a second. “I’m sure that some to the teachers and students may come up with the Ferro-Titanium as well, if you do not mind them using some of the supply of it we have to play with.”
“Well I will bring this to the table and see what the others say.”
“Well I now know what stations to setup first for the school. Talk to you latter.” She runs off

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #851 on: 11 November 2022, 17:57:50 »
For the next game, the Hands of the Goddess will field the following:
Phoenix Hawk
Vedette
Main Gauche
Karnov B and friends

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #852 on: 12 November 2022, 19:49:20 »
For the next game, the Hands of the Goddess will field the following:
Phoenix Hawk
Vedette

OK on these two :thumbsup:

Main Gauche

you have 2 of these.
the C3 one is at the power station off world and the other is crewed by techs and would be 5/5

Karnov B and friends

this is with the Main Gauche C at the power station.

As you have not said you are rotating units they will be at said station until 04/69. we just started 03/69

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #853 on: 13 November 2022, 08:42:10 »
I'll replace the second two with the standard Partisan and Cavalry and friends.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #854 on: 13 November 2022, 09:52:22 »
I'll replace the second two with the standard Partisan and Cavalry and friends.

OK with the Partisan but the Cavalry and troopers are on Shinrin with all the other units from the last mission.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #855 on: 13 November 2022, 13:45:18 »
Just setup December mission date.

12/18

More to come  >:D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #856 on: 13 November 2022, 14:13:29 »
I thought that my Karnov A was at the power station.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #857 on: 13 November 2022, 16:01:37 »
I thought that my Karnov A was at the power station.

units at power station
Locust
Main Gauche (C3)
Karnov Bravo with BA
Maxim Bravo with Jump Infantry.

units on Shinrin
Griffin
Myrmidon
Gladius
Cavalry with BA

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #858 on: 13 November 2022, 16:18:59 »
If Karnov A is available, I will send it.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #859 on: 13 November 2022, 18:11:31 »
If Karnov A is available, I will send it.

:thumbsup:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #860 on: 22 November 2022, 16:43:49 »
If memory serves correctly, the next game is this Sunday.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #861 on: 22 November 2022, 19:43:34 »
correct  :thumbsup:

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #862 on: 24 November 2022, 14:45:40 »
Happy Turkey Day all  :thumbsup:

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #863 on: 24 November 2022, 15:32:26 »
Indeed, Happy Thanksgiving!

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #864 on: 25 November 2022, 16:54:50 »
Hope all are well

i am still trying to figure out what i am bringing these special rules for deserts soft sand will be a challenge , still cant believe we cant rig for this condition, lol defiantly wont be bringing wheeled if can help it. questions

1) if we get stuck how long if possible will it take to dig the vehicle out?

2) What happens if a engine clogs? can it be cleared? or is it a brick for rest of game

will post later tonight what i am bringing

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #865 on: 25 November 2022, 17:07:40 »
For vehicles, I strongly recommend tracked vehicles only.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #866 on: 25 November 2022, 20:05:59 »
Okay this is what i am bringing

tarantula
trebuchet
Manteuffel
       i s battle armor
Manticore

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #867 on: 27 November 2022, 02:32:47 »
Hey gang -

do BA have to worry about sinking into the sand?   ;D

Will be using: lt gauss Vedette as vehicle, Owens Bravo w/attached BA as infantry, bossman in Wolvie as mech and Orion as other.

See ya'll later today unless my car burst into flame or something :thumbsup:

-C

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #868 on: 04 December 2022, 12:11:13 »
“OK we need a perimeter set around the village in case that bunch want a place to stay for the night.” Crash calls over the radio.
“We should setup a field repair station also.” Comes from Shiro. “Some of us took a pounding.
“We should get the vehicle and ‘Mech pilots we now have in to a secure area a post a guard on them.” Comes from Sergeant Zhao.
“Sounds like a plan people get to it.” Bully responds.

“Gunsho can we have a word?” Chi-i asks the Owens pilot.
“Hai Chi-i.”
“Can you inform me why you moved so far forward on this mission? You were to keep in range of our missile range.”
“Hai Chi-i, but when the bandits fired on the civilians and other units moved up I moved to support them.”
“I see and if the other GSF units had jumped into a ravine you would have followed?”
“No Chi-i!”
“Then why?”
“To support the people I am working with and protect the civilians as best as I can.”
“OK but you do need to keep orders in mind when you do things and the mission commander did say that if need be the civilians were a secondary objective.”
“Hai Chi-i.” Looking down at the sand.
“You do understand that the techs back at base will need some time to repair that damage you took and that you are very lucky to be alive. I know when you get back the Sho-sa will be giving you extra training.”
“Hai Chi-i!”
“But understand that the training is for your good. She does not want to lose you to a rash act. She understands why but will want you to understand when.”
“Hai Chi-i?” Looking confused.

“Bully the bandits took all the food and water these people had.” Kiyosuke informs his commanding officer. “We went through all houses and nothing. OH and some of the areas are HOT. From what the ground pounders have found out it was were the Bandits stopped to load the food and water.”
“OK I’ll get command informed and see what they can do. See what we can do to help with the food and water with what we have. For now tell the civvies and our people to keep clear of the HOT zones.”
“On it boss.”

“Well this thing just does not want to open.”
“Maybe if we hit it with a laser?”
“Not knowing what is inside that could be bad.”
“So we wait until some engineers get here.”
“Does look that way.”

“You know the techs back home are going to be on your case about all the sand.”
“Hay it’s not like I went out of my way to get in in everything, I had some help from the guys shooting at me.”
“Sure but somehow I don’t think they are going to care.”
“True, but on the bright side we will now have a beach.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #869 on: 04 December 2022, 12:27:09 »
“Fukushu patrol 1130 to base we are under attack by unknown forces. We are moving deeper into the hills to pull them from Leaf. We need help as they have ‘Mechs and armor.”
“That is all that we got before they went dark.”
“What was in you patrol?”
“The patrol was a Vedette, Striker, Motorized Infantry platoon with AC/5 field guns and a motorized platoon.”
“OK we will need radio codes and IFF’s for them.”
“On this pad.”
“I will get some of the GSF to your people ASAP.”

“GSF control to all units you will need to prep a unit to help out a Hayashi patrol in the hills south-east of Leaf.”

OK so this is the mission for the 18th.
Normal setup for mission units.
No units from the last two missions as they are still in the field.

Rock and Roll  :thumbsup:

Register