Author Topic: Aerospace Crashes  (Read 1752 times)

xbp88

• Corporal
Aerospace Crashes
« on: 12 November 2011, 14:27:01 »
How often do units actually get hit when an aerospace unit crashes?  I'm betting for fighters it's pretty rare, but more frequent with the area damage caused by DropShips.  At least units at hex 0909 are immune to crashes from aerospace units on the same map!

Do units often survive crashes or being hit by crashes?  It's probably safe to assume that it depends on the damage done and the unit.

It says that the damage to buildings and units equals the damage to an aerospace unit, but it also says units take double damage when crashing into a hardened building.  I'm assuming that this double damage only applies to the aerospace unit, not to the units hit.

Speaking of damage, do units ever survive the re-entry damage?  I'm not sure how much damage DropShips can take, but 250 per velocity seems like it'll destroy anything.

Maybe this should be in the aerospace section, but it also applies to the ground combat...

xbp88

• Corporal
Re: Aerospace Crashes
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2011, 18:54:21 »
Well, I realized that I miss read the aerospace crash location, so I guess it can hit hex 0909.

Still would like to know about the hardened buildings.

Fireangel

• Major
  • 7397 posts right down the toilet...
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2011, 15:34:38 »
Crashes; TW pp. 81-83.

xbp88

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2011, 01:30:34 »
Doesn't really help much.  It does say that both the building and the aerospace unit take equal damage, then it says the hardened building causes double the crash damage to the aerospace unit.  I'll just assume that they mean the damage is only doubled against the aerospace unit and not the building (or units within).

Fireangel

• Major
  • 7397 posts right down the toilet...
« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2011, 11:59:05 »
Doesn't really help much.  It does say that both the building and the aerospace unit take equal damage, then it says the hardened building causes double the crash damage to the aerospace unit.  I'll just assume that they mean the damage is only doubled against the aerospace unit and not the building (or units within).

Correct.

As to how often an aero unit crashes into a building or ground unit, it depends on unit/building density on the map.