Author Topic: Inferno rounds vs protomechs  (Read 1440 times)

Xeno426

• Sergeant
Inferno rounds vs protomechs
« on: 24 February 2017, 23:32:16 »
I've been trying to find rules on how inferno missile rounds (like those from SRM and iATMs) affect protomechs. Total Warfare doesn't give any rules under the inferno round section, and there's nothing in the TO book that I could find either.

Can anyone direct me to the relevant rules, or are protomechs just not affected by inferno?

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Re: Inferno rounds vs protomechs
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2017, 23:37:25 »
Quote from: Total Warfare pp. 141-142
ProtoMechs: Every three missiles that strike a ProtoMech unit potentially destroy a ProtoMech location. After all inferno attacks against a ProtoMech have been resolved, add together the total number of inferno missiles that struck the target. For each three missiles, roll once on the ProtoMech Hit Location Table; note that a result of a near miss is still a near miss and so the infernos would have no effect. That location is destroyed; automatically mark off the shaded box furthest to the right in that location on the Hit Locations and Critical Hits section of the record sheet.

[EDIT: That's from the Corrected Fourth printing of TW, might not be present in earlier printings...]

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Xeno426

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2017, 01:20:37 »

[EDIT: That's from the Corrected Fourth printing of TW, might not be present in earlier printings...]
Well, that would explain it. Old copy.

Thanks for the help, though I'm disappointed they're so vulnerable to inferno.

CrazyGrasshopper

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2017, 02:00:44 »
You can find this rule in the errata: http://bg.battletech.com/errata/

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2017, 18:25:35 »
Not really that bad, considering Infernos are death on BA & Vehicles- they are lesser death against Protos.  Helps keep the Mech king.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register