Author Topic: 🙏 Thanks! 🙏  (Read 1423 times)

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
  • "ZEUS - Premier Lyran Recon since 2787."
🙏 Thanks! 🙏
« on: 04 September 2022, 14:06:54 »
Much thanks to TPTB for releasing the Inner Sphere Retaliation Force Pack! I had no need for the box set, so to be able to get the Minis without having to buy the box made my day. I had no idea until I saw a nondescript box in the Battletech section of my local game store. Just…well, great.

If anyone wants to keep this thread going with props to Catalyst, go to town.
« Last Edit: 04 September 2022, 14:16:48 by Hammerhead »

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Re: 🙏 Thanks! 🙏
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2022, 00:40:28 »
Did this get a public release?
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2022, 00:48:50 »
no. it was likely acquired from a con or as part of the kickstarter. my local store had a small quantity at one point. if it ever got a general release, the packaging would be much more professional.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2022, 04:02:51 »
A friend and I walked into our FLGS (MilSims, for the Aussies here), and there was at least 5m of shelving loaded with BattleTech stock. Forcepacks in all flavours - Clan, IS, ComStar - plus the new intro boxes, rulebooks, BMM, and TROs. We both left with intro boxes & force packs. And we weren't the only shoppers perusing the shelves for BT.

It's a great time to be alive! :)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2022, 04:16:47 »
A friend and I walked into our FLGS (MilSims, for the Aussies here), and there was at least 5m of shelving loaded with BattleTech stock. Forcepacks in all flavours - Clan, IS, ComStar - plus the new intro boxes, rulebooks, BMM, and TROs. We both left with intro boxes & force packs. And we weren't the only shoppers perusing the shelves for BT.

It's a great time to be alive! :)

Two different areas shops ‘near’ me have started stocking. We have roughly 3 groups running and it’s so nice to see.

no. it was likely acquired from a con or as part of the kickstarter. my local store had a small quantity at one point. if it ever got a general release, the packaging would be much more professional.

I wouldn’t mind getting a second one. It was one of my better add-on choices with the KS
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2022, 04:36:54 »
I wouldn’t mind getting a second one. It was one of my better add-on choices with the KS

I got two in the last Kickstarter and will probably grab a couple more this time if they're an option again - especially if they swap out a Wolverine for the Vindicator
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2022, 04:59:22 »
Pray it happens like that!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2022, 06:13:43 »
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out the next time I'm in a store, thanks for the heads up!  :thumbsup:

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
  • "ZEUS - Premier Lyran Recon since 2787."
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2022, 11:26:34 »

Ah, that makes sense. Although, it’s a good way to keep costs down when the minis are still available with Pro packaging… ;D

(Meaning the Box Set, o’course)

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 05 September 2022, 12:31:33 »
Ah, that makes sense. Although, it’s a good way to keep costs down when the minis are still available with Pro packaging… ;D

(Meaning the Box Set, o’course)

Agreed, the brown cardboard box was definitely lacking in presentation compared to the force packs.  Intentionally so, I’m sure.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 08 September 2022, 02:22:43 »
So forgive my ignorance but I've not heard of this Force pack, what mechs are in it

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 08 September 2022, 02:32:16 »
Not a "true" ForcePack, but more of a repackaging : contains the Mechs from the OG Beginner Box (Griffin, Wolverine) + the Mechs from AGOAC (Locust, Commando, Wolverine, Shadowhawk, Catapult, Thunderbolt, Awesome, Battlemaster). Was available as an add-on during the Clan Invasion KS.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2022, 02:34:56 by Death_from_above »

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 08 September 2022, 02:41:17 »
Oh OK. Now I'm remembering it!   Thanks!

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 08 September 2022, 08:07:42 »
I do hope they happen again on the mercs kickstarter.  Ideally with the new vindicator, but I'll take what I can get.

Register