Author Topic: (Answered) Vehicles and Motive crits  (Read 2043 times)

c_gee

• Number of the Be(a)st!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
(Answered) Vehicles and Motive crits
« on: 01 November 2016, 10:29:13 »
So I've been reading and re-reading the AS rule book a lot, lately. Can you tell?  :)

Anywho, according to the AS rule book (page 40-42), there's a few ways that a vehicle can have it's movement permanently affected (3 different types of motive crits and 1 engine crit), which is unlike mechs who can only have their movement permanently affected by MP hit crits (move-related heat effects only last as long as the mech is overheating).

Am I correct in assuming that the order of motive/engine hits on a vehicle matter?

For example: Vehicle A and B both have a move value of  20".
Let's say A suffers two -2" motive hits and then it suffers an engine crit or 1/2 move motive crit. A's move value should be 8" now, correct?
Meanwhile, lets say B suffers an engine crit or 1/2 move motive crit and then it suffers two -2" motive crits.  B's move value should be 6" now, correct?

The reason I ask is because, on the vehicle cards, there isn't really a way to indicate in which order the crits/motive hits were damaged. I suppose the player is just expected to cross out and update the move value as they play?
« Last Edit: 01 November 2016, 10:53:57 by nckestrel »
Demo Agent #666
Vancouver, Canada

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Vehicles and Motive crits
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2016, 10:53:43 »
Yes, MP Hits and Motive System Damage are both based on current Move rating, and so the order matters. 
The examples you gave look correct, as well the comment about updating the Move value (not just marking off MP/motive hits).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register