Author Topic: An Exercise in the Hypothetical: The Delayed Clan Invasion and the Inner Sphere  (Read 8103 times)

Minemech

• Captain
 The Excalibur broke many a Comstar Player's heart, because it had the armor of a Hermes II. Comstar players were used to a lack of armor, but that one overdid it. Gauss snipers can get away with less armor, but there are minimum armor/firepower ratios needed for survival. In fact, it does not have enough armor to guard your LRM boats.

Kujo

• Sergeant
3039 would so the Combine is more trouble then they are worth at the moment, so if I was Hanse I would continue Galahad exercises, integrate the Sarna March, build up the infrastructure of the Cappellan and Tamarind Marches (also build fighter carriers and transport jumpships rather then battle wagons or even Fox class corvettes) and say 3055, Galahad becomes operation Crushed Dao and roasted Turkey.  Build up forces and finish off the CC and shatter the Free Worlds league (by taking a third to half of it).  Hell leave some CC worlds open for the Taurians to take and have them choose between an easy set of conquests or being the 'next' march of the Federated Commonwealth while giving the MOC assistance with the FWL.  Sure the Combine will attack, and that's why you have roughly six regiments of Wolf's Dragoons to have them replay misery with.  You lose likely 20 worlds from the Draconis and Skye Marches while you gain roughly 300 or 400 from the CC and FWL.  You have the FWL where the CC was after the 4th war (if not already shattered into smaller, more easily conquerable states), the CC is GONE, you may of made a friend with the MOC, and the Taurians will have to use their limited armed forces to integrate Cappellan worlds that have been oppressed by the likes of Romano Liao.  FWL-CC would be where I would focus on, as well as ensure I have the Jumpships to do it and the bait to pull the minor powers if not to my side to something much more productive for them and I.  Thank you.
For the FEDCOM For the Archon-Prince

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Heck, if you're going to stomp the Capellans, all you'd have to do is promise Andurien their freedom to continue on into the FWL...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Heck, if you're going to stomp the Capellans, all you'd have to do is promise Andurien their freedom to continue on into the FWL...

a la Tikonov Free Republic?  It will have been 10-15 years since they rose up . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register