Author Topic: 'your posts'  (Read 1672 times)

Skyth

• Lieutenant
'your posts'
« on: 23 May 2011, 11:24:57 »
I use the 'Show new replies to your posts' a lot. It's a very useful function.  However, I was wondering if there was a way to stop following threads in there (Sometimes I make a post, but don't really care to continue the conversation.  Usually poll-type topics).  Likewise, is it possible to add threads that you didn't post in to that as well to make it easier to follow them?  Sometimes I find interesting threads but don't want to post in them.  (For instance, the MekHQ ones.  I would love to follow them easily, but I feel bad having to post in the thread just to have it show up in the 'new replies' function)

I tried the 'watch' function, but that just sends an email when new posts show up. 

I know one message board I frequent has the option to show 'viewed' posts as opposed to just ones you posted in.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: 'your posts'
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2011, 06:17:19 »
Short answer - no; you just have to hope other people stop replying to it. Would require major work on the forum architecture in order to try and do this, such efforts not feasible at this time.

Regards,

Worktroll, Moderator
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register