Author Topic: You are an operative in an intelligence organization Who do you work for?  (Read 5083 times)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Are we talking me, IRL, thrust into the setting, or are we talking some power fantasy version of myself within the setting, with a sociopath's morality? Because those are two very different answers.

If it's the former? SAFE, Analysis Branch. I find them to be the least morally objectionable of the lot.
If it's the latter? Death Commandos or Light of Mankind, that probably gets pretty wild in way that would probably be fun if you're an adrenaline junkie with no conscience. Plus a decent chance of getting to jock a 'Mech.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Are we talking me, IRL, thrust into the setting, or are we talking some power fantasy version of myself within the setting, with a sociopath's morality? Because those are two very different answers.

I assumed the latter myself, LOL, which is why I'd probably go Death Commandos myself... because the likelihood that I could *also* be a Thuggee shoots way up.  :))
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Republic of the Sphere DMI or Intelligence Secretariat in the 3080s/90s. Jihad vet, now moved into intelligence gathering or counter intelligence work. Watching out for Cappies or even Blakists still popping up.

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Motpart

• Private
Either the Free Rasalhague Republic's Military Intelligence Division, Mimir, or the Rasalhague Internal Intelligence Agency for a less exciting time. Once the government surrenders to the Dominion, I'll either be joining a resistance group, or leaking information to them.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
Curaitis Organization.

Cuz if you know why, then you know why.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
They also had a nice shadow war going on with the Manei Domini pre-Jihad
What was this covered in? I only recall WolfNet and the Seventh Kommando tangling with the MD pre-Jihad.

NorikSigma

• Recruit
SAFE obviously. desk job doing "political and economic intelligence-gathering and analysis"? sounds like quite a

SAFE job

D-Rock

• Corporal
  • "I'm sure a profound statement belongs here..."
Mercs having unfortunate 'accidents' after double-crossing them. Entire forces 'disappearing'. Somehow quietly amassing a massive army while the rest of the universe collapsed in on itself without anyone noticing. Access to high technology while somehow not being massively raided by pirates...

Before things collapsed during the Jihad and the Dark Ages, I suspect the Niops Association must have had one hell of an intelligence and covert operations apparatus.

That's what I like to emulate. Quiet, nose to the grindstone, get stuff done.

And if you do it right hardly anyone notices or talks about you at all.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Security through obscurity only gets you so far...  :-\

GoGo Yubari

• Sergeant
DEST, obviously (if it counts)!

But I'm also partial to the Magistracy's intelligence arm these days - Ebon Magistrates and MIM (as already elaborated on by others). Interesting to see how/if they play a role in unfolding ilClan era and beyond. ROM is pretty iconic so those guys, esp. up to the Schism when a big thing is still just covertly keeping the Successor States from advancing their tech (thus they are pretty key to the setting itself). The techno-mysticism is cool as well. O5P is different and very flavorful, so they deserve a shout-out too.

BattleMech Production 3025: thread  list
GoGo's MWO BATTLE ROMs: CBT MWO youtube

ImperialistDog

• Recruit
I have no idea what you're talking about, the thing about secret squirrel is that squirrels get trapped.  So never be a squirrel.

Register