Author Topic: Quick-Strike / Battleforce  (Read 2292 times)

dwinter

• Sergeant
Quick-Strike / Battleforce
« on: 04 January 2012, 16:01:40 »
I`ve downloaded the QSR from the Battletech website and it`s certainly caught my attention.  However, what are the main differences between Quick-Strike and Battleforce?
Star Commander David Llywelyn, 9th Raven Striker Cluster "The Snow Hunters", 1st Nova, Alpha Galaxy

Lieutenant Robin Llywelyn, 2nd Mech Striker Company, 2nd Mech Regiment, 59th Jump Infantry Division, XXXVI Corp, Sixteenth Army

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Quick-Strike / Battleforce
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2012, 20:40:04 »
I`ve downloaded the QSR from the Battletech website and it`s certainly caught my attention.  However, what are the main differences between Quick-Strike and Battleforce?

Scale.  Battleforce is more zoomed out.  Each piece on the board represents a whole lance, star, or level II.  The simplified stats allow for large-scale games to be played faster.

Quickstrike uses the simplified stats from Battleforce but it is at the same scale as good old battletech. One mini= one unit.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2012, 20:43:08 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

dwinter

• Sergeant
Re: Quick-Strike / Battleforce
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2012, 07:45:28 »
Thanks for that  - much clearer now.
Star Commander David Llywelyn, 9th Raven Striker Cluster "The Snow Hunters", 1st Nova, Alpha Galaxy

Lieutenant Robin Llywelyn, 2nd Mech Striker Company, 2nd Mech Regiment, 59th Jump Infantry Division, XXXVI Corp, Sixteenth Army