Author Topic: Free Worlds League Currency  (Read 1523 times)

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
  • A great starter adventure.
Free Worlds League Currency
« on: 05 December 2011, 01:18:26 »
I'm working on hacking the gnucash source code so that it makes a suitable account-tech package for Battletech.  I'm kinda new to Battletech, and one of the things I really like about running games in the Battletech universe is all the cool little details I find in the source books.  While editing the currency listing file for the source code I ran across the fact that the FWL didn't have a unified currency before 3040.

So does anyone know what the unit names are for the currencies produced by the Atreus Mint, the Andurien Mint, the Oriente Mint and the Regulus Mint are called?  Are they dollars, pesos, eagles etc?

I'm attaching a screen shot of the "New Account" wizard from Gnucash with Battletech currencies listed instead of real ones.  I hope it the attachment is visible, it doesn't show up in the preview.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2011, 02:18:09 by bytedruid »
Hat tips to Slightlylyons who fixed aerotech in one post and to Daryk for organized cool stuff.

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
Re: Free Worlds League Currency
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2011, 01:32:27 »
The currency is called the Eagle all across the FWL. IMO this is done to avoid any confusion. Of course, each region (Andurien, Oriete et al) could/would use their respective language's word for Eagle.
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOMâ„¢

Register