Author Topic: Jade Hawk/Mad Cat III stat sheets?  (Read 9548 times)

Azeroth

• Corporal
Jade Hawk/Mad Cat III stat sheets?
« on: 26 January 2011, 10:38:39 »
So I've been looking through the technical readouts and can't find the Jade Hawk or Mad Cat 3 anywhere (much less the cooresponding stat sheets).  Does anyone know where/if they've appeared in a technical readout or record sheet printing?

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Re: Jade Hawk/Mad Cat III stat sheets?
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 10:55:34 »
Both of those are post-Jihad designs that haven't debuted in-universe yet, which is why they haven't appeared in any TRO to date.

The Mad Cat III has an RS in RS:MWDA1.

The Jade Hawk had a non-official RS put up at IWM's site. I've attached it to this post. It got a fluff writeup in the 3135 PDA Journal articles that WizKids published online years back and can be found on the Downloads page of this site.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2011, 10:57:13 by roosterboy »

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 10:56:43 »
Both the Mad Cat III and the Jade Hawk were in TRO: Dark Age, but it has not yet appeared in a Catalyst or "real" Battletech TRO. TRO: Dark Age is out of print and it is not the same quality normal BT TROs are.

But if you can get a hold of a copy, that would be your way to go for the time being.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2011, 11:06:51 by DarkISI »
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 10:58:42 »
Both the Mad Cat III and the Jade Hawk were in TRO: Dark Age, but it has not yet appeared in a Catalyst or "real" Battletech TRO. TRO: Dark Age is out of print and it is not the same quality normal BT TROs are.

You mean RS:MWDA1. There hasn't been a Dark Age TRO yet. ;)

And the Jade Hawk wasn't in that RS book because it didn't appear in the MWDA game until later.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2011, 11:04:29 »

And the Jade Hawk wasn't in that RS book because it didn't appear in the MWDA game until later.

Ah, dammit.
I have something called TRO Dark Age lying around. Always thought it was a Wizkids release... But after your post I took a closer look at it... no idea where I got that one from, but it is no official release, it's some fan project. But it really looks like some Wizkids thingy. :D

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

IndyRI

• Lieutenant
  • Is it really still snowing?
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2011, 11:18:10 »
Ah, dammit.
I have something called TRO Dark Age lying around. Always thought it was a Wizkids release... But after your post I took a closer look at it... no idea where I got that one from, but it is no official release, it's some fan project. But it really looks like some Wizkids thingy. :D

Must have been a pretty convincing release then. Any chance you can post that, or at least PM it on over to the rest of us? Sounds like it'd be worth a look.
HEIRS OF AMARIS - An AU Setting for Classic Battletech

Come and see. Comments welcome.
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=757.msg15033

Battlemech Designs Galore
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=840.0

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2011, 11:24:52 »
Must have been a pretty convincing release then. Any chance you can post that, or at least PM it on over to the rest of us? Sounds like it'd be worth a look.

I tend to delete stuff... guess which way that one went the moment I figured out it was some fan project ;)

IndyRI

• Lieutenant
  • Is it really still snowing?
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2011, 11:32:36 »
I tend to delete stuff... guess which way that one went the moment I figured out it was some fan project ;)

Die in a fire....

Just kidding. I tend to have a bad habit of doing exactly that. If you rememebr where you got it though, pass the word. I'm a huge fan of fan-made TROs.
HEIRS OF AMARIS - An AU Setting for Classic Battletech

Come and see. Comments welcome.
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=757.msg15033

Battlemech Designs Galore
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=840.0

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2011, 13:46:23 »

Ah, dammit.
Sounds like something I was working on for a while before I got busy. If so, I take it as a compliment that you got confused.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Fnord

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2011, 14:18:12 »
Was it possibly this that you were thinking of to?

*edit* That image did not load, lets try another one

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2011, 15:23:33 »
From the old PDA articles on WK website:

Code: [Select]
Operatives at D.O.A. say that the intricate wing design appears to be specific to each ’Mech; there currently seems to be no way to alter the design and apply it to other units. Because of the lack of some Clan parts, the technicians at D.O.A. did alter part of the design to create a mix of technologies. As such, we are aware of the following basic details of this design:

Type/Model: Jade Hawk JHK-03-H
Mass: 75 tons
Chassis: Endo Steel
Power Plant: 375 XL Fusion with Supercharger
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 [108.0] km/h
Jump Jets: 3 Standard Jump Jets
Jump Capacity: 90 m
Armor Type: Ferro-Fibrous
Myomer: Triple Strength
Weapons and Equipment:
4 Extended-Range Small Lasers
4 SRM 6s
2 Claws
3 Standard Jump Jets

The altered plans may explain the seemingly inefficient use of tonnage in the design, though the ’Mech seems to carry the maximum amount of armor that the chassis can tolerate. Our operatives are continuing to search for the original Clan Jade Falcon design.

Granted I cannot seem to make it work. I always run out of crits.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2011, 15:25:03 »
Wizkids didn't always check the construction rules when they designed something. The units were designed for MWDA or AoD, not for BT.

Prydefalcn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2011, 16:26:56 »
Did a double-take when I thought I saw "4" Claws on the entry, there.  I must admit that would be amusing :P
Saunders Von Jankmon/Jeremy Orloff

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2011, 16:37:18 »
Partial wings and foot claws were not fleshed out like in the current rules when the four Falcon units were created.

PeripheryPirate

• Warrant Officer
  • Your friendly neighborhood Periphery pirate!
« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2011, 19:35:32 »
Wizkids didn't always check the construction rules when they designed something. The units were designed for MWDA or AoD, not for BT.

Not so much that, they just didn't design them with "making sense in BattleTech" in mind. I mean... just look at some of those stats... *shudder*

GhostBear_TomeGurdel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Apparently, it is all my fault!
« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2011, 19:55:19 »
Granted I cannot seem to make it work. I always run out of crits.

I'll have to take a look at my old Heavy Metal Pro files. I built it a long time ago, and thought I got it to work. I ended up building one recently with Talons and a Partial Wing. All it has is missiles, but ic can be a brutal little beastie (2 ATM 6s, and 2 SRM 6s, more jump jets too).
Craig "GhostBear_TomeGurdel" Tome (formerly azhael)

Catalyst Demo Team Agent #335
Former WizKids Battlemaster
I aim to misbehave!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #16 on: 26 January 2011, 20:14:11 »

Not so much that, they just didn't design them with "making sense in BattleTech" in mind. I mean... just look at some of those stats... *shudder*

A lot of times, it seems like they started out with a mini or artwork, then tried to stat it out based off of appearance.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman