Author Topic: Furrealistic Expectations?  (Read 3382 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Furrealistic Expectations?
« on: 26 January 2011, 17:02:03 »
This is one of many different 'crossover' discussion threads I'll end up posting in the near future.

So, without cable, I've found some rather interesting stuff on the local digital channels. One thing is cartoons full of animal people. Alfred the Hedgehog comes immediately to mind.

It has occured to me that this is an aspect of BattleTech versus an alternate BattleTech that could be very interesting.

While I'm familiar with CritterTech, having owned the book at one time, I'm not sure that it would be the good basis for generating a BattleTech Furreality of sorts.

So, I come to you, fishing for some ideas. When you think of animal people piloting giant robots, how far out of the norm does your imagination take you?

If you were to start with the joke factions from the MWDA devs: Woof's Dragoons, Carrot Combine, and Clan Pink Fuzzy Bunny, how would you style them?

Thanks.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
Re: Furrealistic Expectations?
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 17:25:10 »
I was about to say "Do you mean Sonic?", then I looked it up and there was indeed an Alfred. :o

Honestly I would look to some old Disney cartoons for inspiration. Tale Spin and Ducktales/Darkwing are ones I remember from my childhood.

But in general, crossovers are a very bad idea unless they are done for humor's sake (see Battlerun)

Truthfully, I think a crossover would turn out something like this. Look at how Battletech has treated really strange genetics stuff in the past (Genecast, SL Canopian Mermaids, Space Chickens etc.) It would be war to the knife, total extermination.

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 17:28:34 »
<Moderator Hat On>

(Dammit,  they took away my policeman smiley...)

On this thread, folks,  let's be very careful and considerate about what is posted in here.

<Moderator Hat Off>
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2011, 05:09:49 »
Well, with CthulhuTech you could have roughly furry-esque characters, I guess.
Although those are mostly of the "monstrous" type rather than the cute type (nope, no catgirls).

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!