Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXIX: First Annual 29th Birthday  (Read 40133 times)

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
Re: Upcoming Releases XXIX: First Annual 29th Birthday
« Reply #870 on: 29 April 2024, 18:28:50 »
Not come with misproportioned bodies and/or limbs (Rifleman, Mad Dog, Phoenix Hawk), cost-cutting mold changes (Phoenix Hawk), miscast parts and/or details (Hammerhead, Black Knight), mirrored body part and/or weapons (Stormcrow), missing parts (Black Knight), etc.

Can you provide a rollup post of these problems, with photo comparisons to illustrate the specifics?  Also, did you ever find out who aside from Liya International is doing the Premiums, if Liya is doing the non-premiums?

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #871 on: 29 April 2024, 18:45:27 »
Also, did you ever find out who aside from Liya International is doing the Premiums, if Liya is doing the non-premiums?
Liya does the forcepacks, Monster Fight Club does the premiums.

Prometheum5

• Sergeant
« Reply #872 on: 29 April 2024, 22:06:58 »
Can you provide a rollup post of these problems, with photo comparisons to illustrate the specifics?

Photos and discussion of all of these exist on this very forum. They were noted at the time of each mini's release.

Teejay75

• Recruit
« Reply #873 on: 30 April 2024, 00:14:02 »
Here are some Mad Dogs

First sculpt from IWM about 20+ years old.
2nd is the IWM redo.
3rd is the Catalyst sculpt.
4th is the Premium sculpt just recent.

The Premium sculpt is much larger than the other sculpts.
Thanks for sharing that. The Premium sculpt doesn't look bad, but I don't think it's different enough for me to purchase one. I can pick up another forcepack and do some surgery to change up the pose some if I decide I need more Mad Dogs.

Cylence

• Private
« Reply #874 on: 30 April 2024, 12:05:13 »
Incorrect. 

Plastic is on the left.  1st gen Premium is on the middle and second gen Premium on the right.  There is additional mass added to the legs for the corrected release.

Is that your photo?  I ask because the pictures of unassembled 2nd wave PH compared next to the 1st wave PH I saw back when they first shipped showed negligible change to the legs (maybe Catalyst was still shipping out the originals?) The rightmost mech looks more like an example I saw where someone shaved and glued together the legs from two different sets (my current plan if there is no resolution from Catalyst).  I'm not sure what's original with the middle one since it's been modded so much.

In any case Catalyst hasn't specifically acknowledged the changes at all (saying "fixed" isn't enough when there are so many questions about the product) and I, like many others, are still waiting to hear back from support tickets submitted last year on the issue.

MFC does great work with their cyberpunk figures, so how the heck these things are having so many problems between the two companies is mind boggling.  Isn't someone knowledgeable of the product line at Catalyst at least opening up a pack and looking at it?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #875 on: 30 April 2024, 12:48:40 »
Yes, it is my photo.  The only mods to the center mini are a change in head the added leg fins and the shoulder Cannon.  Nothing else was modded on the mini. 

Is that your photo?  I ask because the pictures of unassembled 2nd wave PH compared next to the 1st wave PH I saw back when they first shipped showed negligible change to the legs (maybe Catalyst was still shipping out the originals?) The rightmost mech looks more like an example I saw where someone shaved and glued together the legs from two different sets (my current plan if there is no resolution from Catalyst).  I'm not sure what's original with the middle one since it's been modded so much.

In any case Catalyst hasn't specifically acknowledged the changes at all (saying "fixed" isn't enough when there are so many questions about the product) and I, like many others, are still waiting to hear back from support tickets submitted last year on the issue.

MFC does great work with their cyberpunk figures, so how the heck these things are having so many problems between the two companies is mind boggling.  Isn't someone knowledgeable of the product line at Catalyst at least opening up a pack and looking at it?

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #876 on: 30 April 2024, 20:36:57 »
If the Urbie LAMs ever come out, will there be record sheets for them??
I know there are 2 different models for them so it would be nice to have.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #877 on: 30 April 2024, 23:56:49 »

RS already happened I think . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #878 on: 01 May 2024, 00:09:53 »
RS already happened I think . . .

Only for the Urbanmech lance pack that was released last year, as far as I'm aware.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #879 on: 01 May 2024, 01:47:52 »

From what I understand, the Urbie LAMs will not have record sheets or official rules. They are specifically non-canon and are meant as a "fun" thing for fans.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #880 on: 01 May 2024, 01:56:37 »
There are Alpha Strike and pilot cards in the box, and fans have already backwards-engineered the likely BattleTech record sheets so they will be playable, just possibly not with official sources.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #881 on: 01 May 2024, 05:54:37 »
Unfortunately, there element appears to be very negative about us getting a canon UrbanMech LAM. This why it's doomed to be a meme with no record sheet. We can't have nice things, not even a prototype.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #882 on: 01 May 2024, 05:55:29 »
Ok thanks. I saw the model with over 30+ AS points, and figured that was a pretty good upgrade to the Urbanmech. Just wondering what that thing has so I can put it in my force. Seeing how at some point I’m going to get that box set.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #883 on: 01 May 2024, 07:55:02 »
So nothing of consequence on Newsday I take it?
I have spoken.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #884 on: 01 May 2024, 08:29:06 »
So nothing of consequence on Newsday I take it?

Most of the episode was a discussion with a member of the Demo Team who's part of a team that made a game based around Drone rigging in Shadowrun on Holostreets, and are doing a universe-agnostic version on Kickstarter at the moment.  The only BattleTech-related news was to hold off on paying shipping until there's a backer update sent out, and that the bits that have hit the warehouse recently are still not ready for release

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #885 on: 01 May 2024, 09:28:05 »
Most of the episode was a discussion with a member of the Demo Team who's part of a team that made a game based around Drone rigging in Shadowrun on Holostreets, and are doing a universe-agnostic version on Kickstarter at the moment.  The only BattleTech-related news was to hold off on paying shipping until there's a backer update sent out, and that the bits that have hit the warehouse recently are still not ready for release

I'm sure some people have already jumped the gun on paying for shipping.  Did they say what to do in that situation?

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #886 on: 01 May 2024, 09:33:15 »
Nothing last night, but they did say that anyone who paid the initial shipping costs will be refunded the difference when everything is sorted out so presumably the same holds true if there are any additional changes

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #887 on: 01 May 2024, 13:28:16 »
We've reached May!  Anyone have a street date for Combat Manual: Davion?

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #888 on: 01 May 2024, 13:48:51 »
We've reached May!  Anyone have a street date for Combat Manual: Davion?

"SOON" (not soon enough) according to the last 3 Tuesday news day updates.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #889 on: 01 May 2024, 18:23:02 »
Well, stopped by my local comic book store today and the owner said he'd received solicitations for both the Mercenaries box set and the Leviathans sets. Obviously no actual release date yet, but it's interesting that they're in the system now.

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • COMING SOON to Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #890 on: 01 May 2024, 18:38:22 »
We've reached May!  Anyone have a street date for Combat Force Manual: Davion?

Fixed that for you.  :grin:

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #891 on: 01 May 2024, 19:32:01 »
Clan Spaniel is now available in print on demand from Amazon and DriveThruRPG for anyone who wants a physical copy to keep their old FASA Wolf and Jade Falcon sourcebooks company on the shelf.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Register