Author Topic: Best BattleCorp story in the Civil War era?  (Read 573 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Best BattleCorp story in the Civil War era?
« on: 08 March 2019, 17:40:59 »
What are the 3 best BattleCorp stories set in the Civil War era?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Re: Best BattleCorp story in the Civil War era?
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2019, 18:05:26 »
I like En Passant though I haven't had the chance to read the later two chapters of the story.   
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: Best BattleCorp story in the Civil War era?
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2019, 18:28:37 »
The best BattleCorps story during the Davion Civil War was Raven, by Jason Schmetzer

The best BattleCorps story during the Marik Civil War was The Top of the Scrap Heap by Jason Hardy, though that was in the Outworlds Alliance, and had nothing to do with the League.

The best BattleCorps story during the Star League Civil War was The Dark Night of the Soul, by Christopher Purnell.

The best BattleCorps story during the Pentagon Civil War was Fall From Glory by Randall N. Bills.

The best BattleCorps story set chronologically during the FedCom Civil War (imho) was "Fragments of History," by Philip A. Lee, though that's about a Goliath Scorpion Seeker, and has nothing to do with the Steiner-Davion siblings.  Nor does "Ambrosia," by Steven Mohan, Jr., though that's a great romp through the Hanseatic League's bureaucracy.  Of BattleCorps stories during the FCCW directly related to the FedCom fighting, I'd go with Blaine Lee Pardoe's "The Longest Road."
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Register