Author Topic: Abilities for "Guard Lance"  (Read 2347 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Abilities for "Guard Lance"
« on: 19 March 2018, 11:03:17 »
What is a Guard Lance?  It is referenced with the sample Marik company in the Alpha Strike rulebook.  However, I can find no entry that lists the SPAs for it in the Companion or either of the combat manuals.  And I checked Campaign Operations as well I didn't see it there.  I ask because I've picked up the Marik company from IWM and it is getting used in about a month.

It is entirely possible I'm just being blind, but I need an assist on this either way.  Thanks in advance for the help!
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Abilities for "Guard Lance"
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2018, 11:16:04 »
Lance names have existed for decades before any rules for them existed. The AS rulebook was using “fluff” lance names, at that point no formation rules even existed.
Same as there are no rules for a grenadier regiment, it is/was just a name.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2018, 11:29:07 »
Well that answers it.  Thank you very much for the quick response.

Now time for some unit shuffling... :-\
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Xochi

• Sergeant
  • Three strengths he gave us.
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2018, 13:18:34 »
Make the right choice. Anger everyone taking a fire support with sniper perk. Add high long range damage assaults. Stand stationary. Destroy all who obscure  your view of the landscape.

DarkJaguar

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2018, 17:30:06 »
Make the right choice. Anger everyone taking a fire support with sniper perk. Add high long range damage assaults. Stand stationary. Destroy all who obscure  your view of the landscape.

Salty much? ;)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2018, 18:07:05 »
He didn’t add environmental specialization: clear, he’s being nice :)
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2018, 18:45:05 »
Destroy all who obscure your view of the landscape.

Hmm, sounds like a Word of Blake strategy to me.  :laughing_skull:

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 20 March 2018, 09:59:02 »
I don't know if this hurts more than it helps, but a Guard Lance was intended for CM: Steiner.

Yeah, that probably didn't help at all.  Ok, to be more helpful, it was going to give a Terrain Master SPA. (Steiner never got past initial notes, so very likely to be adjusted/changed/beaten with a stick even if CM: Steiner ever does come out).

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2018, 10:27:24 »
It's only not helpful if we end up never seeing another combat manual.   xp  Fingers will remain crossed for the opposite!

Thanks for the additional info though.  Like the Terrain Master idea.  I'll have to play around with that.  Were there any other ideas thrown about as to lance composition, preferred type, etc?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 20 March 2018, 10:32:24 »
It's only not helpful if we end up never seeing another combat manual.   xp  Fingers will remain crossed for the opposite!

Thanks for the additional info though.  Like the Terrain Master idea.  I'll have to play around with that.  Were there any other ideas thrown about as to lance composition, preferred type, etc?

Yeah, but I was not that thrilled with them, so they were very likely to be changed. As in, so not thrilled I don't want to post them :).

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2018, 09:27:37 »
Ahh, quite understand that.  Thanks again for all the info!