Author Topic: New CamoSpecs Online Site  (Read 96417 times)

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: New CamoSpecs Online Site
« Reply #120 on: 06 November 2021, 08:53:47 »
I assume wrong categories can be reported here?

Like https://camospecs.com/listing/sunder-sd1-0-7/
Labeled Sunder 20-665 but i'm pretty sure this is the Sunder resculpt 20-462.
Despite modifications, comparing legs and chest detail really makes me question it is the original Sunder.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #121 on: 13 January 2022, 15:37:05 »
In Weirdo's thread about Highlanders paint schemes, we noticed that MWDA Highlanders paint scheme was canonized on the old site but is missing from new site. Error, deliberate change, "can't talk about it", something else?

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/general-discussion/dark-age-highlanders-colors/msg1764941/#msg1764941
The Northwind Highlanders entry was updated to include the missing information.

CDT Special Agent #343

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #122 on: 13 January 2022, 15:41:49 »
Small heads up:  The Mercenaries faction page has become unwieldy.  We will be looking to split that in two.  Additionally, Wolf's Dragoons will be split into multiple units (likely a parent plus one for each regiment, but other sub-units are being discussed).

CDT Special Agent #343

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #123 on: 17 January 2022, 12:27:40 »
Mercenaries split completed.  Wolf's Dragoons still pending.

CDT Special Agent #343

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: 23 February 2022, 13:48:49 »
Noticed that the Dire Wolf A posted today (2-23-2022) has a map on the page.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #125 on: 25 February 2022, 17:43:33 »
We cleaned that one up, thanks!

CDT Special Agent #343

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #126 on: 22 March 2022, 16:02:50 »
In the Solaris Stables page, Blue Fist Stables has Bromley Stables' logo.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #127 on: 25 March 2022, 08:50:04 »
I assume wrong categories can be reported here?

Like https://camospecs.com/listing/sunder-sd1-0-7/
Labeled Sunder 20-665 but i'm pretty sure this is the Sunder resculpt 20-462.
Despite modifications, comparing legs and chest detail really makes me question it is the original Sunder.
Sorry that I overlooked this post.  Fixed!

CDT Special Agent #343

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #128 on: 25 March 2022, 08:51:23 »
In the Solaris Stables page, Blue Fist Stables has Bromley Stables' logo.
Fixed.  Thanks for finding!

CDT Special Agent #343

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #129 on: 05 April 2022, 00:33:31 »
Just because it's my historical OCD getting the better of me:

The logo description for Snord's Irregulars (https://camospecs.com/unit/snords-irregulars/) is incorrect.

There exists no coin called a "buffalo quarter." It should be a "buffalo nickle" or an "eagle quarter" (technically, the second is the reverse of the "Standing Liberty" Quarter type 1 of 1916-1917).

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #130 on: 05 April 2022, 07:36:09 »
Yet, the Snord's Irregulars have one as their logo.  Turning Points 3039 Vega shows it, and it's clearly labeled as "quarter dollar" on one side, and a buffalo on the other.
I don't know if it's an in-universe joke, or divergent history.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #131 on: 05 April 2022, 12:22:56 »
It doesn't have to be either -- it's entirely possible the Buffalo Quarter is a product of the period between the present day and the dissolution of the American polity.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2022, 13:51:08 by Kojak »

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #132 on: 05 April 2022, 13:14:43 »
What has been pictured are two different coins: The "flying eagle" quarter and the Buffalo/Indian head nickel. They seem to be used interchangeably. The text is from a sourcebook that would need to be errata'd.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2022, 13:20:52 by Cache »

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #133 on: 08 June 2022, 11:12:18 »
The Neanderthal NTL-AG posted 8 June 2022 has a map  ;)

https://camospecs.com/listing/neanderthal-ntl-ag/

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #134 on: 08 June 2022, 11:21:55 »
What has been pictured are two different coins: The "flying eagle" quarter and the Buffalo/Indian head nickel. They seem to be used interchangeably. The text is from a sourcebook that would need to be errata'd.

TP:3039 Vega effectively did that.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #135 on: 11 June 2022, 08:27:57 »
The Neanderthal NTL-AG posted 8 June 2022 has a map  ;)

https://camospecs.com/listing/neanderthal-ntl-ag/
Corrected, thanks!

CDT Special Agent #343

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #136 on: 28 June 2022, 21:33:37 »
I see that the Scorpion Empire has been added to the list of factions covered on the CSO website.

Are there any plans to include a sub-section for Hellion Keshik, based on the paint scheme in the unit description on page 4 of their Spotlight On... volume?

Also, both SO:HK and Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade note the existence of a "Seeker Keshik", which was created at around the same time Chi Galaxy was re-named to Seeker Galaxy. It is a Supernova Trinary assigned to protect the Clan's Loremaster. Might there be an opportunity to work up an appropriately distinct paint scheme (and/or logo) for this particular unit?

Further, SO:HK refers to a new (post-Hanseatic Crusade) "Eta Galaxy"; six Clusters of mostly (ex-)Hansa freeborn warriors, akin to how Omega Galaxy was formed to incorporate Castilian and Umayyad freeborns after the initial Goliath Scorpion conquest of Nueva Castile. Might it be possible to work up a new colour scheme and logo for that unit in turn?
« Last Edit: 28 June 2022, 22:36:53 by Nerroth »

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #137 on: 01 July 2022, 12:46:54 »
I see that the Scorpion Empire has been added to the list of factions covered on the CSO website.

Are there any plans to include a sub-section for Hellion Keshik, based on the paint scheme in the unit description on page 4 of their Spotlight On... volume?

Also, both SO:HK and Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade note the existence of a "Seeker Keshik", which was created at around the same time Chi Galaxy was re-named to Seeker Galaxy. It is a Supernova Trinary assigned to protect the Clan's Loremaster. Might there be an opportunity to work up an appropriately distinct paint scheme (and/or logo) for this particular unit?

Further, SO:HK refers to a new (post-Hanseatic Crusade) "Eta Galaxy"; six Clusters of mostly (ex-)Hansa freeborn warriors, akin to how Omega Galaxy was formed to incorporate Castilian and Umayyad freeborns after the initial Goliath Scorpion conquest of Nueva Castile. Might it be possible to work up a new colour scheme and logo for that unit in turn?
The short answer on adding those units is not right now, but they will hopefully be added at some point. 

CSO maintains an internal list of units that need to be added to our site.  We also have a list of products we have completed data-mining and which ones still need data-mining so that the unit list is as comprehensive as we can make it. 
Neither Hanseatic Crusade nor SO: Hellion Keshik have been completely data-mined yet.

Also of note, CSO doesn't usually design logos, just schemes.

CDT Special Agent #343

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #138 on: 07 July 2022, 16:35:08 »
Thank you for your feedback.

Hopefully the Scorpions aren't too far down the list of factions-to-be-datamined-for - and that someone cooks up a suitable set of unit logos for the folks at CSO to make use of.

Oriffel

• Corporal
« Reply #139 on: 16 July 2022, 13:26:52 »
Is there an entry for the Rim Worlds Republic? I have some pending warships and no idea how to do them up.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #140 on: 19 July 2022, 13:59:32 »
Is there an entry for the Rim Worlds Republic? I have some pending warships and no idea how to do them up.
Currently, there is not.  While we do hope to add one in the future, at the moment all I can say is that there is no canon scheme for the Rim Worlds fleet.  Sorry.

CDT Special Agent #343

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #141 on: 19 July 2022, 16:57:56 »
My suggestion - like a juvenile tiger shark. White bottom, grey top w/ vertical lighter stripes

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #142 on: 23 July 2022, 12:27:06 »
Currently, there is not.  While we do hope to add one in the future, at the moment all I can say is that there is no canon scheme for the Rim Worlds fleet.  Sorry.

Apologies 00Dawg but that may not be true. There is a scheme given for the RWR navy in Field Report 2765: Periphery, stating on page 18...

Vessels of the Rim Worlds Navy are painted
a dark blue-gray on the dorsal surface and a
light gray on the ventral surfaces, blending
where the colors meet. Some captains have
taken to painting shark’s jaws to the bows
or even adding a light gray mottling or tiger
striping to the dorsal surface.
In addition, each ship sports a unique
heraldic shield design incorporating the
ship’s name, hull number and a specific
species of shark (depending on the vessel
class): great white (battleship), tiger (cruiser),
bull (destroyer), hammerhead (frigate) and
mako (corvette)
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Oriffel

• Corporal
« Reply #143 on: 23 July 2022, 15:20:24 »

Fleet assets never seem to be a priority with the main fanbase, but i was a little shocked they didn't even have some ground forces.

Oriffel

• Corporal
« Reply #144 on: 23 July 2022, 15:21:38 »
Apologies 00Dawg but that may not be true. There is a scheme given for the RWR navy in Field Report 2765: Periphery, stating on page 18...

Oh man, thanks for this! its exactly what i was looking for.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #145 on: 24 July 2022, 21:27:46 »
Nice find.  Pardon me while I have a chat with our resident RWR expert.  >:D

CDT Special Agent #343

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #146 on: 27 July 2022, 08:31:03 »
Bishop Steiner's cockpit painting guide with info on cockpit locations on the new CGL minis has been added to the CSO site under the Other Stuff dropdown.  Thanks to he and Troy Starrett for putting that together, and Bishop for letting us host it.

CDT Special Agent #343

Star Captain

• Private
  • I Like Clans I like Clans I like Clans
« Reply #147 on: 28 July 2022, 06:52:41 »
Is the Camospec website remake fully done? Or not?
Part of the Twenty-first Combined Assault Cluster of the Clan Diamond shark Alpha galaxy.

Warhawk is cool.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #148 on: 28 July 2022, 23:00:35 »
This iteration is, yes.
We’re already planning the next revamp at a time TBD.

CDT Special Agent #343

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #149 on: 30 July 2022, 21:55:18 »
Oh wow. The rapid turnover makes it sound like the main goal for you guys was database cleaning and back end overhaul. Is that a good characterization?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.