Author Topic: Ohrensen-Zion Province  (Read 1855 times)

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Ohrensen-Zion Province
« on: 01 October 2018, 05:35:46 »
This short lived, independent province crops up in that fun corner where the shattered remains of the FWL meets the nascent Republic in 3080.
In Objectives: FWL, it appears to just be two worlds (and despite the name... doesn’t even include Zion!).
In Final Reckoning, the state has expanded to four planets - that map is from March 3081.
A month later the Republic kicks the FWL square in the teeth and all of these worlds are gobbled up by Stone.

So, for a year - maybe slightly more - there’s this tiny little nation state that aggressively expands and is just important enough to get named on a single map.

So, anyone know anything about them? I’m thinking of taking my mercs there in 3080 - maybe as part of the province’s expansion plans.
But I’m keen to find any canon info. Anyone seen any references to the province or the worlds?

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Ohrensen-Zion Province
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2018, 14:01:15 »
I would not expect 'aggressive' expansion, rather that they invited their trading partners to join them . . . maybe some fear-mongering of the big bad Cappies IIR the map correctly.  Which makes it sort of funny Stone absorbed them . . . or did his pet Marik convince him to take them in?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2018, 19:05:53 »
But where is the fun in that, Colt. This is Battletech... not Tradetech.

My idea was that Ohrensen puts the economic screws on the surrounding worlds - several are mentioned as deserts or devastated by war. Maybe Ohrensen is the breadbasket for these worlds and starts sanctions, etc.

When these worlds don’t come to the party, It sends in mercs under th guise of pirates.
After several raids, the government of Ohrensen is “more than happy to offer humanitarian assistance and protection”

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2018, 20:17:15 »
One other thing, IIRC Zion was one of the worlds discussed between Daoshen and Jessica- not sure if it was the first distraction for him or the second.

I was merely suggesting instead of invading for militia, fend off some Capellan raids.  Additionally if you DID want to face a militia style force . . . well, the planet joined but old Count Reluctant over there says no.  Stomp the count's noble forces and he will go along . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2018, 21:19:03 »
One other thing, IIRC Zion was one of the worlds discussed between Daoshen and Jessica- not sure if it was the first distraction for him or the second.

I was merely suggesting instead of invading for militia, fend off some Capellan raids.  Additionally if you DID want to face a militia style force . . . well, the planet joined but old Count Reluctant over there says no.  Stomp the count's noble forces and he will go along . . .

Hmm... seeing as the CapCon seem like such a looming threat - maybe arrange a false flag operation posing as Cappie raiders. THEN swoop in and offer a mutual protection offer?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2018, 21:33:41 »
Sadly, there's nothing at all on them beyond what's on the map. At this point, they're likely little more then pure speculation.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2018, 21:55:54 »
I was kinda hoping this was the case - keen to make it the focal point in the next part of my post-Jihad campaign.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2018, 23:03:32 »
Well, there's good information on both Ohrensen and Zion out there, enough that I think you could extrapolate an interesting story.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2018, 05:15:57 »
Well, there's good information on both Ohrensen and Zion out there, enough that I think you could extrapolate an interesting story.

The description of Orhensen actually sparked my initial interest

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #9 on: 03 October 2018, 06:11:08 »
Keep in mind that Zion and Ascuncion revolted from the FWL when Tommy let Capellan troops stage from there during the initial stages of Operation GUERRERO.  The 1st Atrean Dragoons got into deep trouble when their Mechs opened fire on a mob of protesters in the city of Herat, for example.  So the area is known for strong anti-Liao sympathies and was briefly independent in living memory at that point.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2018, 21:35:41 »
Keep in mind that Zion and Ascuncion revolted from the FWL when Tommy let Capellan troops stage from there during the initial stages of Operation GUERRERO.  The 1st Atrean Dragoons got into deep trouble when their Mechs opened fire on a mob of protesters in the city of Herat, for example.  So the area is known for strong anti-Liao sympathies and was briefly independent in living memory at that point.

All of this sounds like it's ripe for a little chaos

Register