Author Topic: Light Lance ready for a scrap!  (Read 10770 times)

HullenLow

• Recruit
Light Lance ready for a scrap!
« on: 24 August 2015, 20:38:35 »
Hey guys, here is the light lance to go along with my assault lance.

I am sorry for the bad quality and focus, I'm working on a lightbox for taking pictures of my miniatures so hopefully they will be better in the future.

My Assault Lance you may have seen, but now with Federated Suns decals. I bought some decal paper and printed my own, worked okay, but still need to work out the kinks.

The light lance with a Jenner, a Raptor, a Hussar and a Wolfhound.

A Hussar.

A captured Draconis Jenner.

A Wolfhound.

And a Raptor.

These are for my Federated Suns unit, the 2nd Covington Dragoons, circa 3067.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
Re: Light Lance ready for a scrap!
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2015, 20:43:52 »
And I like them! Is the Hussar a good mech? To me it's kind of ugly, but I like the tank turret it carries. Your paint scheme really brings home the old school war machine look to these guys. And I like the Davions too!
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

Saatch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2015, 20:45:47 »
Very nice indeed!

Elbows

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2015, 06:18:28 »
Awesome.  My favourite mech paint scheme I've seen on this page.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2015, 06:25:47 »
Is the Hussar a good mech?

No.  It's fast, paper-thin, and can sometimes threaten flatbed trucks by itself.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2015, 07:16:36 »
 O0

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2015, 08:16:37 »
No.  It's fast, paper-thin, and can sometimes threaten flatbed trucks by itself.

Unless your using the Royal version or one of the better ComStar/WoB variants with XL engines. Useful variant or not, the mini looks fantastic along with the rest of the lance.

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2015, 11:08:36 »
More great looking minis!  I still love that camo pattern.   O0
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2015, 11:14:48 »
Really nice!
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2015, 14:33:51 »
Great looking force, nice work!

Nahuris

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 27 August 2015, 22:09:37 »

Hey, I like the Hussar ..... I just avoid anything that could cause a skid, and don't let any of the pilots ever eat beans, it might lose some plating from that.

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #11 on: 27 August 2015, 22:17:26 »
Is the Hussar a good mech?

It's blisteringly fast, mounts a big laser, and...uh. That's about it. It's one of two 'Mechs that can not only crit itself on a fall, it will crit itself on a fall. But if you want an ER Large Laser somewhere right now...still, don't do it. MechWarriors are people, too.

But man, I love that stupid thing.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2015, 01:43:56 »
It's blisteringly fast, mounts a big laser, and...uh. That's about it. It's one of two 'Mechs that can not only crit itself on a fall, it will crit itself on a fall. But if you want an ER Large Laser somewhere right now...still, don't do it. MechWarriors are people, too.

But man, I love that stupid thing.

I have a place in my black heart for the one that has the ER PPC, C3i, armor, and is still blisteringly fast..
(Try it: 3 Hussars, 2 of the ER PPC and C3i gurkhas, and something else with C3i..My group calls it
"That Level II, you (insert slur for male child born out of wedlock or female dog, whichever is appropriate)."
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2015, 02:41:56 »
 O0

Nahuris

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2015, 03:47:44 »
Thing is, that Raptor is the real gem in that unit.
Not only is it a pretty solid light mech, but being an omni, it can also carry Battle Armor....

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #15 on: 28 August 2015, 10:00:13 »
That's a fed suns lance? I suppose. Looks more like a Drac lance with a captured Wolfhound, if'n you ask me.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2015, 13:13:05 »
That's a fed suns lance? I suppose. Looks more like a Drac lance with a captured Wolfhound, if'n you ask me.

Let's see: Stalker: Manufactured in the Combine, IIRC, Mauler: Combine, Jenner: Combine, Raptor: Combine,
Archer: Combine, Zeus: Lyran, Wolfhound: Lyran, Hussar: Some in COmbine Hands thanks to deals with
ComStar...So, this is either a Combine Company that was deployed heavily on the Lyran border, or this is a
Merc Company.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #17 on: 28 August 2015, 14:43:47 »
Let's see: Stalker: Manufactured in the Combine, IIRC, Mauler: Combine, Jenner: Combine, Raptor: Combine,
Archer: Combine, Zeus: Lyran, Wolfhound: Lyran, Hussar: Some in COmbine Hands thanks to deals with
ComStar...So, this is either a Combine Company that was deployed heavily on the Lyran border, or this is a
Merc Company.

The only 'Mech on that list that doesn't have Federated Suns availability is the Hussar. Everything else shows up in one variant or another. With the Fed Com, I figure Zeus and Wolfhounds would be ubiquitous across both realms. Stalker - particularly the 5S variant, is produced in both realms. And if the unit saw action on the Combine border, that can explain the existence of Combine 'Mechs.

D.Jensen

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 28 August 2015, 15:29:33 »
Stalker STK-7D
Jenner JR7-D
Zeus ZEU-9S
Wolfhound WLF-2/WLF-3S
Raptor RTX1-O
Archer ARC-4M

MAL-1K Mauler DC
Hussar CC, DC, WoB, COM

Luriael

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #19 on: 29 August 2015, 15:07:09 »
and who really cares where those 'mechs come from? If he says it's a fed suns unit then it is

if he wants to stick to canon, then he can come up with a beautiful story but maybe he just doesn't care.

Lovely minis, great painting skills !
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

- Aleksandr Kerensky

Dutch334

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: 29 August 2015, 15:18:29 »
Battletech is a big universe, I'd call it conceivable that one or two hussars could end up in the FedSuns through salvage or as an ancient family heirloom.

Elbows

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2015, 16:31:43 »
^Pretty much this.

The rather absurdly large world of Battletech really makes it possible almost any mech was used by anyone at some point...be it battlefield salvage, taking over a world with a factory, a broken alliance, etc. 

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #22 on: 29 August 2015, 20:30:43 »
It will never cease to amaze me, the things people nitpick about on these forums sometimes.

Your minis look awesome. The Hussar in particular jumps out at me- a fun mini to work on anyway, and yours is among the better ones I've seen. And if you say it's FedSuns, then it's FedSuns. Well done.

Now, you have scouts and assaults, let's see a third lance to go with them.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #23 on: 29 August 2015, 21:02:56 »
Or a Fed Suns lance built from the salvage of their destroyed opponents.  Because it's a great way to twist the Dragon's tail.  ;D

Nice paint-work.  Can't wait to see more.

HullenLow

• Recruit
« Reply #24 on: 29 August 2015, 22:38:52 »
Thanks everyone. Appreciate all the comments!

Nice call on the mechs. I am currently writing up a ridiculously detailed back story for the unit, the 2nd Convington Dragoons up to 3067. The unit is based out of Covington in the Crucis March but, as you can see, has spent many of their years on in the Draconis March on the border with the combine, thus the large amount of combine equipment.

So, speaking of that does anyone have any info on the Covington System? I chose it because of its location and there seemed to be little information about it, that lets me make up what I need. If there is some more info about the system out there thats okay, I'll just work it in.

I made up a thorough TO&E for the unit and was going to include a little history at the front... I now have three pages of backstory and have just gotten to the Third Succession War! I have even worked on the ties to ComStar for the little Hussar to fit.  :)

darebear

• Private
« Reply #25 on: 30 August 2015, 07:47:51 »
Very nice.  What was your painting process for these boys?