Author Topic: Life in low-grav/no-grav  (Read 1600 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Life in low-grav/no-grav
« on: 25 June 2011, 10:01:34 »
There's no anti-grav in Battletech, so I was wondering exactly what, if anything, people did for gravity on asteroids and small moonbases.  I assume there's no grav deck, so do people really just walk around in magboots all day and strap themselves down to do anything, or are there other details I'm missing?  Given the lack of artificial gravity, would people even established manned long-term low-g bases in the first place?

Most importantly for me, realistically, how long would someone serve in a low-g environment like that before your typical organization would cycle you out?

I checked the classic Explorer Corps book, but it doesn't really cover non-jumpship stuff too much, unfortunately.

Thanks.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Life in low-grav/no-grav
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2011, 17:50:58 »
Hello,

I believe a lot of the low/no-grav environments and how they deal with routine living conditions is covered under the discussions of the Belters in Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2. In many cases, Belter colonies include a grav deck that serves as an environment for exercise and perhaps even general habitation.

Hopefully, that helps.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

Register