Author Topic: San Diego BattleTech: Who, Where, When?  (Read 16498 times)

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
Re: San Diego BattleTech: Who, Where, When?
« Reply #60 on: 10 June 2018, 23:34:11 »
Any time between 12 and 1 is fine with me.

I'm a bit fidgety when it comes to the idea of people waiting around for me. I'll probably get there around noon, too.
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Lyran way. Which is to say:  The wrong way using Assault 'Mechs.

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #61 on: 15 June 2018, 00:29:40 »
Anybody else in the San Diego area?

We've got a lot more views than the three posters would probably generate.

Say hello!  :D

There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Lyran way. Which is to say:  The wrong way using Assault 'Mechs.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #62 on: 15 June 2018, 00:55:21 »
Yes please.  Do chime in!  :thumbsup:

And gentlemen, my proposed map.  I was airing out all the new river/lake stuff (stinky neoprene  xp ) and couldn't resist trying some setups with them.  This one looked good for a three way setup.  However, I am looking for suggestions as I'm still kind of new at this.  Please share any ideas you may have.

And Giovanni, the new avatar is just awesome.  8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #63 on: 15 June 2018, 13:19:23 »
Ooo, exciting. Lakefront property to devalue.

I'm good with that, looks like a solid field to fight over.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #64 on: 15 June 2018, 15:46:30 »
Anybody else in the San Diego area?

We've got a lot more views than the three posters would probably generate.

Say hello!  :D

Ashenwelt, who used to run the FGC'62 game here on the forums ages ago, is interested, but won't be able to make the 7/14 game, due to a mandatory meeting before Comic-Con (he's active on the CCI committee.  I'm...less so).  I suspect he'll be able to make a future one, though, and he's interested.

Yes please.  Do chime in!  :thumbsup:

And gentlemen, my proposed map.  I was airing out all the new river/lake stuff (stinky neoprene  xp ) and couldn't resist trying some setups with them.  This one looked good for a three way setup.  However, I am looking for suggestions as I'm still kind of new at this.  Please share any ideas you may have.

And Giovanni, the new avatar is just awesome.  8)

Thanks!  Figured it was time to go back to this one for a while, as my wife and I are getting my Comic-Con costume prepped for this year (last year's was a Shadow Hawk).
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #65 on: 15 June 2018, 21:08:09 »
...my Comic-Con costume prepped...

Nope, looks perfect. Don't do another thing!  :D

Wife and I have some stuff for bid at the art show this year. Taking it easy this season.

Ashenwelt...is interested...

Awesome! Yay! More people!

Edit: I swear I know how to spell.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2018, 23:23:23 by koalabirb »

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #66 on: 15 June 2018, 22:45:50 »
Ashenwelt, who used to run the FGC'62 game here on the forums ages ago, is interested, but won't be able to make the 7/14 game, due to a mandatory meeting before Comic-Con (he's active on the CCI committee.  I'm...less so).  I suspect he'll be able to make a future one, though, and he's interested.

WooHoo! More players is good.  :thumbsup:

Thanks!  Figured it was time to go back to this one for a while, as my wife and I are getting my Comic-Con costume prepped for this year (last year's was a Shadow Hawk).

Awesome again sir.  Don't suppose you've got any shots of that Shadow Hawk outfit?  :D

Ooo, exciting. Lakefront property to devalue.

That made me laugh.  I can hear the realtor now: "What was that?  Mech damage?  Well, yes, but only a little..."  :crazy:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #67 on: 15 June 2018, 22:56:33 »
WooHoo! More players is good.  :thumbsup:

Awesome again sir.  Don't suppose you've got any shots of that Shadow Hawk outfit?  :D

Yep:

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=54650.0
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #68 on: 15 June 2018, 23:07:48 »
Nicely done.  8)

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #70 on: 25 June 2018, 18:48:39 »
Just a couple weeks!  :D

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #71 on: 25 June 2018, 20:45:32 »
Yes, and I may have a fourth player for us.  Former co-worker I golf with is a past D&D player and was intrigued by my minis and the upcoming game.  I'm selling it hard, cause a fourth would round things out nicely.  ;)

And if you guys have any questions regarding rules or gameplay before we meet up, please feel free to ask.  :thumbsup:

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #72 on: 26 June 2018, 17:52:00 »
I'm selling it hard, cause a fourth would round things out nicely.  ;)

That'd be great!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #73 on: 03 July 2018, 23:08:30 »
Week and a half out.  Can you hear the metal footsteps yet?  :D

As a thank you for driving out for this, I'll have some snack food and beverages with me.  What are you preferences here?  I'll have water for sure and some chips, but if there is something you like beverage or snack wise, please let me know and I'll have it there.  Oh, and it will just the three of us.  My fourth decided to go golfing instead.  :P

Have a great Fourth of July gentlemen!  :thumbsup:

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #74 on: 04 July 2018, 15:28:28 »
Can you hear the metal footsteps yet?  :D

Yep!  :D

And thank you! That's very kind.

Happy Fourth, all. Don't lose any digits to fireworks.

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #75 on: 10 July 2018, 00:46:34 »
Just a couple more days!

Not too late for folks nearby who are interested!  :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #76 on: 10 July 2018, 09:41:44 »
And if there is anything you may need me to bring (dice, pencils, etc.) let me know.  I can do printing as well if needed. 

Looking forward a good game! 8)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #77 on: 11 July 2018, 00:36:00 »
Also, on the off chance anyone out there is seeing this and decides to come on a whim, I'm going to bring an extra company with me.  It'll be set at 500 PV like the rest.

Game is at:
Pair A Dice Games
2020 Hacienda Drive, Vista, CA, 92081
Sunday, July 15th, starting around 12:30 pm

Even if you don't want to play and are just curious, please feel free to come by and check things out.  :thumbsup:

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #78 on: 14 July 2018, 23:16:14 »
Ok, I'm pretty much out this time round. We just accepted an offer on the condo, so we have to find someplace else to live (more open houses, yay) and I also have to get both my project cars able to move in the next 30 days.

So tomorrow morning I'm going to be under a Volkswagen until it gets too hot, then heading out with by wife to look for a new house. Should be good to go after I get moved into a new place.

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #79 on: 15 July 2018, 02:38:58 »
Ok, I'm pretty much out this time round.

Good luck with the hunting! Also, good luck with the cars. I know that pain, just with motorcycles instead.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #80 on: 15 July 2018, 10:40:25 »
Ok, I'm pretty much out this time round. We just accepted an offer on the condo, so we have to find someplace else to live (more open houses, yay) and I also have to get both my project cars able to move in the next 30 days.

So tomorrow morning I'm going to be under a Volkswagen until it gets too hot, then heading out with by wife to look for a new house. Should be good to go after I get moved into a new place.
No worries sir.  There will be a spot at the table for you when you're ready.  May everything go smoothly for you.  :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #81 on: 20 July 2018, 22:46:37 »
Next proposed date is Sunday, August 26th.   Location to be determined.  King of the Hill or holding action came up as possible scenarios for this one.  After playing the last game, and reading through the standard rules again, I think standard rules will be fine.  Still easy enough to navigate for anyone playing for the first time.  And it opens up infantry/battle armor and vehicles to the mix.  However, if anyone wants to stay with the intro rules, I am fine with that as well.  Force size and point value can be determined once we know how many players there will be.  Hoping a few more folks will be able to make this one.  :thumbsup:

On a side note, how is Comic Con going for you guys?  Hope all is well and everyone is having a blast!  8)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #82 on: 20 July 2018, 23:05:52 »
Just gotta figure out markings on my Urbie head.

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #83 on: 21 July 2018, 15:32:19 »

Whoop!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #84 on: 21 July 2018, 20:44:42 »
Looking forward to seeing the results.  8)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #85 on: 22 July 2018, 20:36:10 »
Couple edited pics, since I'm trying to keep pics of my son off the Intertubes.

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #86 on: 22 July 2018, 21:41:13 »
Nice! Did any body stop you?

Hope you had fun!

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #87 on: 22 July 2018, 21:57:55 »
Nice! Did any body stop you?

Hope you had fun!

Had a couple people ask for photos, and a couple others who seemed to recognize what I was going for.

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #88 on: 22 July 2018, 23:06:36 »
Had a couple people ask for photos, and a couple others who seemed to recognize what I was going for.

Outstanding.

That show was a madhouse.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #89 on: 22 July 2018, 23:33:37 »
Star League Urbie! :D  That's just awesome.  Hope a fun time was had by all!

Register