Author Topic: NEW RELEASE: BattleTech Beginner Box and BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat  (Read 106646 times)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Got my replacement Locust today. Interestingly the plastic is a slightly darker shade of grey, seems more rigid, and has crisper details.
I have spoken.

Geont

• Master Sergeant
Got my replacement Locust today. Interestingly the plastic is a slightly darker shade of grey, seems more rigid, and has crisper details.

Sounds like different batch of plastic granulate. Well, what to say, China. :D
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Well, stick with this supplier of granulate please!   :thumbsup:
I have spoken.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Rules for Sisters of Battle BA.
Actually?  I did that on the old forums, hrm...doesn't seem to be in the Fan Creations forum anywhere, I guess.  I'll figure it out and make them again there.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Finally got a chance to ask my game shop, they order from Alliance as well. I would need to speak to the owner during the work week to learn more.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Finally got a chance to ask my game shop, they order from Alliance as well. I would need to speak to the owner during the work week to learn more.

Same here...when I had one of their guys look up that list that was supplied earlier, they couldn't find anything, except a listing each for an Ureaus, Xanthos and one other 'Mech...and when he brought up a picture of the Xanthos, it was of the MWDA clickbase version!

He said he would have the owner check my (modified) list out...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
I'm pleased to report that when I was at a Battletech game yesterday, the store had four copies of A Game Of Armored Combat boxsets on the shelves.

Well, they did when I got to the store.  They were down to one by the time the game was over.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Kargush

• Sergeant
  • Grenades cost extra
Got mine earlier this week, and have painted the miniatures. Excellent set, good value for the money! :thumbsup:

Dumb question perhaps, but are there any plans to sell the minatures on their own, and/or expand on the range of plastics? I have a hankering for more mechs.
Buy'ce gal, buy'ce tal
Vebor'ad ures aliit
Mhi draar baat'i meg'parjii'se
Kote lo'shebs'ul narit.

4th Donegal Guards
7th Sword of Light
1st Canopian Cuirassiers

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Got mine earlier this week, and have painted the miniatures. Excellent set, good value for the money! :thumbsup:

Dumb question perhaps, but are there any plans to sell the minatures on their own, and/or expand on the range of plastics? I have a hankering for more mechs.

No current plans for either, but the desire for more plastics and these plastics on their own is not lost on management.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Kargush

• Sergeant
  • Grenades cost extra
No current plans for either, but the desire for more plastics and these plastics on their own is not lost on management.
Cheers! I'll bide my time then.
Buy'ce gal, buy'ce tal
Vebor'ad ures aliit
Kote lo'shebs'ul narit.

4th Donegal Guards
7th Sword of Light
1st Canopian Cuirassiers

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Hell, just buy some more box sets.  At IWM's prices (between 10 and 15 per mini) a 60 dollar box's 8 minis is only 7.50 each, as much as a 50% savings.  Add in that you can then gift the rules/maps/standees/whatever to friends who don't yet play as an enticement to get into the game...well, you're saving a heck of a lot on top-quality minis and you're expanding the playerbase.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Kargush

• Sergeant
  • Grenades cost extra
Hell, just buy some more box sets.  At IWM's prices (between 10 and 15 per mini) a 60 dollar box's 8 minis is only 7.50 each, as much as a 50% savings.  Add in that you can then gift the rules/maps/standees/whatever to friends who don't yet play as an enticement to get into the game...well, you're saving a heck of a lot on top-quality minis and you're expanding the playerbase.
Except the boxed set doesn't have a Marauder, or a Highlander, or an Atlas, or an Archer, or a Hunchback, or...

You get the picture.  :))
Buy'ce gal, buy'ce tal
Vebor'ad ures aliit
Kote lo'shebs'ul narit.

4th Donegal Guards
7th Sword of Light
1st Canopian Cuirassiers

snowridr

• Corporal
Interestingly enough they are are being sold by CGL for over MSRP on Amazon.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
They are not being sold by CGL on Amazon.  "By Catalyst Game" is just an indication of the box sets' publisher.  They're being sold by third-party scalpers.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List

You do know that when you go through the list of buying options, the vendor is clearly listed below the price, yes? None of the sellers are CGL

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel

Catalyst only sells through their own web site and at conventions. They do not sell on Amazon.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Catalyst only sells through their own web site and at conventions. They do not sell on Amazon.

Cause its a jungle out there!

Are the GoAC boxes back to being available?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
beginner box is in stock on the cgl store, the GoAC box is not.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Still waiting on Wayland Games to get stock :(

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Cause its a jungle out there!

Are the GoAC boxes back to being available?

They are not, they just sold out in the last week or two so have, most likely, just started the reorder process.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
While I know its not CGL, but rather the distributors . . . I take stores not getting their pre-ordered allotment of GoAC to be a good sign.  I had just hoped CGL had acted on it earlier.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
They are not, they just sold out in the last week or two so have, most likely, just started the reorder process.

Interesting, they don't show as sold out on the store.  I just ordered my brother a copy of each set on Friday, and everything seemed to go through fine.  Though as usual I'm waiting for the shipping notice...
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
huh how about that. the GoAC box was sold out earlier today but is now back in stock

Geont

• Master Sergeant
Got echo from my FLGS that my GoAC is box on the way and I should get it next week. Yay! :D
« Last Edit: 28 March 2019, 15:21:39 by Geont »
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Going to need to talk to my FLGS again. Going to double check the product number with my order as I'm having allot of trouble trusting Alliance after this long wait.   
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
Q: On the mech sheet, what does (R) means when next to a weapon? (Like the battlemaster blr-1g)

Greatclub

• Captain
rear-mounted. Shoots backwards, in the rear arc.

KhanPhelanWard

• Corporal
Hi there.

I have received my new GOAC and I have a problem, my box has two Shadow Hawks and zero Wolverines.

How can I solve this problem? Do you know an email address to explain the problem? Thanks!
Don't miss out on my Camospecs miniatures on ebay:

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Hi there.

I have received my new GOAC and I have a problem, my box has two Shadow Hawks and zero Wolverines.

How can I solve this problem? Do you know an email address to explain the problem? Thanks!

Hi,

Email customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com, they'll get you sorted.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Hi there.

I notice we have not had a report of a problem where someone got two Wolverines . . .

. . . its because two Wolverines are not a problem!
Colt Ward

Register