Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 59382 times)

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
Expect to receive an e-mail in mid-April and to be charged 7-10 days afterwards for shipping after entering your payment info. per one of the adepticon live streams from thursday, I believe it was the final session with Randall and Loren at the table.

Almost forgot to add, they said all kickstarter stuff is on the water.

What the Merc KS is on the water!?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
What the Merc KS is on the water!?

The Merc Kickstarter is on a boat!

REJOICE, THE BLESSED BLAKE COMMANDS YOU TO REJOICE.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Failure to rejoice will result in a visit from Precentor Sparkles and his melty stick.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

CarlK

• Recruit

REJOICE, THE BLESSED BLAKE COMMANDS YOU TO REJOICE.

I didn't get a harrumph from that guy! *Menacingly* Give the Precentor a "harrumph!"

Ghaz

• Lieutenant

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
The Merc Kickstarter is on a boat!

Are you TRYING to jinx it?!?

Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
I am suddenly reminded of when the first shipment of Games Workshop's plastic Falcon hovertanks fell into the Atlantic Ocean, so...

KEEP PRAYING TO BLAKE.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

shop1ift

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • The Word will set you free.
I am suddenly reminded of when the first shipment of Games Workshop's plastic Falcon hovertanks fell into the Atlantic Ocean, so...

KEEP PRAYING TO BLAKE.

THE GOOD BLAKE GIVETH AND THE GOOD BLAKE TAKETH. BLAKE BE PRAISED!

Catalyst Demo Agent #633
Carolina Comics, Lawton/Ft. Sill, Ok.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Something something word of bloke
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!

And so the circle is complete ...
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
That may have already been taken in to account.  If it takes 8 weeks to transport anything from China right now, that means its already half-way in transit.  So that means it's already on the Pacific somewhere, if its heading to the American West Coast, or nearing Cape Horn or Cape Hope if its hitting the Atlantic.  There's also all the outside-America delivery locations that should be receiving their allotment in a similar time frame.  Fluentcargo.com predicts about a 37 day travel time for a cargo ship to go from Hong Kong to London, and 21 days to Seattle.  That's a bit shorter than 8 weeks.
Yeah, it all depends on where it is going. I guess all the cargoes go to the US to then be distributed to diferent hubs. Or do they go directly to the hubs? I guess the first one.

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Yeah, it all depends on where it is going. I guess all the cargoes go to the US to then be distributed to diferent hubs. Or do they go directly to the hubs? I guess the first one.
Last time it was straight to each hub, shipping to the US first and then shipping it out again would cost a lot more and be slower.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Yeah, it all depends on where it is going. I guess all the cargoes go to the US to then be distributed to different hubs. Or do they go directly to the hubs? I guess the first one.

also depends on the route. the panama canal is only usable intermittently right now because of water level issues, the suez is risky due to assorted Rule4 related issues. so a lot of ships have had to be rerouted over the last weeks.

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
The email for shipping payments is said to sent out mid April.
An update about the shipping email is meant to go out in the next 2 weeks ish.

Garak

• Recruit
Was there any news one how distribution will be done for Europe? As in, will the shipping point be from inside the EU? Because that would be lovely.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Was there any news one how distribution will be done for Europe? As in, will the shipping point be from inside the EU? Because that would be lovely.

They're working with QML again, who have European distribution partners
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Teejay75

• Recruit
Mix mustard, vinegar, gasoline, and lemon juice(not lemonade).  Be sure to let it sit in the sun for a while. 

Disclaimer: This is a joke.  You should not drink anything with gasoline in it or any of those ingredients after they've sat in the sun.  Still, it would taste better than the Malort...

Back in the late 80's the grocery store I worked in sold this concoction called Jogging in a Jug. Basically prune juice and vinegar. The older customers would buy that stuff all the time. If they ever dropped a jug, there would be fist fights over who had to mop up the mess.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
It might have been easier to simply burn the store down.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
that sounds worse than the time i broke most of a case of molasses jars. it took five hours to clean up.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Try a pallet load of bolognese sauce jars, dropped from fourth level pallet racking onto concrete, during a heatwave.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

2DarkWolf2

• Recruit
Does anyone happen to know where the canadian distribution hub will be? I assume somewhere around Toronto or Vancouver?

DW

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Does anyone happen to know where the canadian distribution hub will be? I assume somewhere around Toronto or Vancouver?
So far there has been no announcement of a Canadian hub. For the Clan Invasion Kickstarter Quarter Master Logistics packed all of the Canadian orders in the US and then trucked them to Canada, since Catalyst is using them again it will probably be the same process this time.

BrianDavion

• Captain
I know they'd LIKE to get a Canadian hub going to solve issues with shipping costs. but don't think there has been anything happening on that front yet
The Suns will shine again

2DarkWolf2

• Recruit
Oh, when I saw the Canada-Friendly Shipping icon I assumed they would have a canadian hub. I wasn't in on the Clan Invasion KS. Guess we'll see how it goes this time.

DW

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Oh, when I saw the Canada-Friendly Shipping icon I assumed they would have a canadian hub. I wasn't in on the Clan Invasion KS. Guess we'll see how it goes this time.
9 times out of 10 Canada-Friendly shipping on a crowdfunding campaign is shipped from the US with duties included in the shipping fees so we aren't charged on delivery.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Do we have a picture of the new Flea's rear?
Wondering if it represents FLE-16 (from TROSW) that has no rear guns, or FLE-17 (TRO3050) that does have rear guns?

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
Do we have a picture of the new Flea's rear?
Wondering if it represents FLE-16 (from TROSW) that has no rear guns, or FLE-17 (TRO3050) that does have rear guns?

According to Anthony's Patreon post (which is over a year old at this point) it's the FLE-16.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
According to Anthony's Patreon post (which is over a year old at this point) it's the FLE-16.
Thanks.
Would explain why the RecGuides created the FLE-21 as it is, since RecGuide models are WYSIWYGs and it has no rear guns.
Does cause me some headache for force building, the FLE-16 desperately needs wider availability than just Wolf's Dragoons.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Check your inbox for Update #81. Address changes and shipping fees are just around the corner.

And some pics from Adeptacon.
I have spoken.