Author Topic: Battle Armor of the Week - Phalanx Battle Armor  (Read 22839 times)

sillybrit

• Major
Re: Battle Armor of the Week - Phalanx Battle Armor
« Reply #60 on: 11 December 2013, 15:57:43 »
It's also vulnerable to the ubiquitous large laser and, ironically enough given its FWL flavor, the LGR; both weapons that wouldn't kill the Raiden or Grenadier you mention.

I agree with the point you raised about it being able to survive a Clan medium laser hit, something I consider a must have, but despite that the Phalanx is without a doubt lightly armored for its weight class. I wonder who infected who: the FWL's battle armor designers or their naval architects?

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #61 on: 11 December 2013, 16:33:27 »
Reactive helps against artillery and the new inferno: mine clearance missiles.

Just FYI, mine-clearance missiles have been errata-ed so that they only do damage to the mines or to units with BAR 6 armor or lower.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: 11 December 2013, 17:30:11 »
Just FYI, mine-clearance missiles have been errata-ed so that they only do damage to the mines or to units with BAR 6 armor or lower.
Which under AToW does cover some BA, but you can still use 'Mech Mortars and BA Mortars in that roles

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #63 on: 11 December 2013, 19:58:25 »
Yeah, upon investigation it's part of a double errata.  BA armor is BAR10 and mine clearance only do damage to BAR6 or lower. 

Sort of depressing.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you