Author Topic: Units that may be involved in IlKhan's Eyes Only  (Read 2465 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Units that may be involved in IlKhan's Eyes Only
« on: 05 May 2024, 11:55:27 »
A few weeks ago, a series of images were posted showing mechs that are taking part in the events that will be detailed in IlKhan's Eyes Only.  Did anyone take the time to determine which ones have been seen?
Off the top of my head:
Clan Wolf Beta Galaxy
Clan Wolf Gamma Galaxy
Clan Wolf Golden Keshik
Clan Jade Falcon Epsilon Galaxy
Clan Snow Raven Beta Galaxy
Clan Snow Raven Alpha Galaxy (Dropship)
CC: Dynasty Guards
CC: 1st Liao Guards
CC: 4th Capellan Chargers
CC: House Dai Da Chi
CC: House Hiritsu
CC: Sian Dragoons
CC: 1st St. Ives Sentinels
CC: 2nd Victoria Rangers (Sung's Rangers)
MoC: 3rd Canopian Light Horse
DC: 2nd Arkab Legion
First Kearny Highlanders
« Last Edit: 08 May 2024, 15:31:28 by jimdigris »

BrianDavion

• Captain
Re: Units that may be involved in IlKhan's Eyes Only
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2024, 13:52:33 »
I'm kinda crossing my fingers the ELH will be involved somehow it'd be fun to see them being one of the first units in the inner sphere to cross swords with a 3rd star league SLDF force
The Suns will shine again

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2024, 14:29:46 »
I know I'm probably a fringe view here, but 90% of what I want from IKEO is how the Wolf Exiles and Maniline clan integrated togeather.  Plus Ideally a full paint scheme description of all the Star Leauge clans and units, but that's definitely asking too much.

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2024, 16:05:57 »
Yeah I definatly hope the exiled wolves aren't just defacto forgotten about. A century of cultural drift is NOT going to be easily forgotten

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2024, 18:20:17 »
It would be interesting if he just handed them all off to Anastasia to form the core of the new SLDF.  They know her, she knows them, they're probably going to do better than Alaric's Wolves in terms of integrating with former RotS/other IS personnel who might also join up with the SLDF...
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2024, 19:58:07 »
Happy to see Dai Da Chi get some time in the spotlight!
Welcome to interesting times

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2024, 21:32:54 »
It would be interesting if he just handed them all off to Anastasia to form the core of the new SLDF.  They know her, she knows them,

on the other hand that could be a problem

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2024, 21:36:01 »
Didn’t she just go and convince them to show up for the ilClan Trial?  Seems like whatever problems they may once have had with her are over and done.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2024, 11:04:59 »
Didn’t she just go and convince them to show up for the ilClan Trial?  Seems like whatever problems they may once have had with her are over and done.

She didn't convince them, she took them in a series of Trials of Possession. But I tend to agree; the hatchet is almost certainly buried now.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2024, 11:06:41 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2024, 11:10:31 »
I guess I'm kinda surprised the MoC is still loaning them units.  Wasn't there some unrest in that relationship or am I remembering that incorrectly?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2024, 11:15:06 »
I guess I'm kinda surprised the MoC is still loaning them units.  Wasn't there some unrest in that relationship or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Depending on IKEO's timeframe compared with Empire Alone, that unrest might be happening simultaneously. Ilsa hasn't yet appeared to have recalled any Canopian units in the CapCon, and it's definitely causing her domestic problems in the current timeframe.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2024, 11:19:18 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2024, 13:37:25 »
Depending on IKEO's timeframe compared with Empire Alone, that unrest might be happening simultaneously. Ilsa hasn't yet appeared to have recalled any Canopian units in the CapCon, and it's definitely causing her domestic problems in the current timeframe.

Domestic problems aren't really a suprise TBH, the MOC seems to have largely caught up, technologicly with the CC by now soi the big carrot is reduced. I imagine it's becoming increasingly hard to justify using MAF troops as basicly glorified mercenries for Liao ambitions

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #12 on: 06 May 2024, 13:47:15 »
Domestic problems aren't really a suprise TBH, the MOC seems to have largely caught up, technologicly with the CC by now soi the big carrot is reduced. I imagine it's becoming increasingly hard to justify using MAF troops as basicly glorified mercenries for Liao ambitions

Not saying it was a surprise; this has been brewing since as far back as the Capellan Crusades, and seems to be reaching a breaking point now that the metaplot has shifted direction (there's a clear shift in writing from FM3145 to now in regards the Capellan/Canopian/Andurien alliance) and Daoshen is now hyper-focused on Terra to the exclusion of literally everything else, including Andurien poaching some of the CapCon's worlds.

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2024, 20:03:39 »
Given that the events of Chaos Theory, the pack-in short fiction included with the Alpha Strike Boxed Set, take place on Caph in December 3151, one might expect to see the units from that story (the First Kearny Highlanders and Clan Jade Falcon's Fifth Battle Cluster) noted in IlKhan"s Eyes Only also.

Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised to see the cover art from that boxed set show up in this sourcebook...
« Last Edit: 06 May 2024, 20:13:06 by Nerroth »

Deckard_2049

• Corporal
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2024, 14:38:42 »
JF 5th battle cluster switched parent command from Epsilon galaxy to Delta at some point. So presumably their color scheme would have also changed. Maybe the artists didn't realize this, as they've done Epsilon galaxy art for this new book but the cards in the alpha strike box depict them with the delta galaxy colors and 3rd star league logo. This also means the box cover art depicting them as Lambda galaxy can't be correct.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2024, 15:07:19 »
She didn't convince them, she took them in a series of Trials of Possession. But I tend to agree; the hatchet is almost certainly buried now.
Oh, come now, Tassa, you and I both know, this is Battletech, the hatchet isn't buried until it's sticking out of someone's back or head.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 07 May 2024, 15:41:19 »
Can anyone identify these?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 07 May 2024, 15:42:25 »
Or these?

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2024, 15:52:04 »
First image I'm pretty sure is the Dragon crest for House Dai Da Chi, though it looks a little wonky. Fourth image is the 1st Arkab Legion.

Edit: last image might be the 1st St. Ives Sentinels, but again a little wonky.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2024, 16:31:59 by Angrii »
Welcome to interesting times

CitizenErased

• Master Sergeant
  • Eldritch Galactic Princess
    • Dykes Dig Giant Robots
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2024, 17:18:04 »
The AI upscaling on those definitely makes it hard to tell what the crest is supposed to be, but I definitely agree with the Arkab and St Ives crests Angrii pointed out. The Archer in the third image is a Highlander scheme, probably the First Kearny. And the Tian-Zhao looks really familiar, although the only Capellan unit that looks to match on CamoSpecs is Sung's Rangers (ironically it looks more like a Robinson Rangers paint scheme but that's definitely a mangled Capellan crest on the chest).
Your friendly neighborhood transgender giant robot enthusiast!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #20 on: 07 May 2024, 18:25:35 »
Happy to see Dai Da Chi get some time in the spotlight!

I agree if that spotlight is a battery of HNPPCs.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2024, 22:59:25 »
I agree if that spotlight is a battery of HNPPCs.

I sincerly hope it isn't. Battletech needs to move away from "hey you know that regiment you liked? they got obliterated by WMDs and didn't get even a last stand!"

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 08 May 2024, 07:44:10 »
I sincerly hope it isn't. Battletech needs to move away from "hey you know that regiment you liked? they got obliterated by WMDs and didn't get even a last stand!"

At least many of them come back, some factions / paint schemes stay dead.  Looking at you Kathil Uhlans & Comstar forces I have painted up.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 08 May 2024, 08:53:10 »
The white star on a black and yellow field looks like DCMS Arkab Legion to me.  Why it is included in these photos I don’t know!

Also, the red mech insignia is Trimaldi’s Secutors I believe.  Whoops, faulty memory!  People above me are correct, the Triskelion sword insignia belongs to Sung's Victoria Commonality Rangers.  Nice paint scheme.  We should have them, a Sword of Light unit, Skye Rangers, and a Robinson Rangers unit in a grand melee.  With visual sensors only.  :P
« Last Edit: 08 May 2024, 10:09:47 by MarauderD »

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #24 on: 08 May 2024, 09:52:56 »
JF 5th battle cluster switched parent command from Epsilon galaxy to Delta at some point. So presumably their color scheme would have also changed. Maybe the artists didn't realize this, as they've done Epsilon galaxy art for this new book but the cards in the alpha strike box depict them with the delta galaxy colors and 3rd star league logo. This also means the box cover art depicting them as Lambda galaxy can't be correct.

Let's just say that there's a reason we've consistently rated art below text when discussing issues of canon, and recent examples *gives Legends a side-eye* have not helped.

Grizzly

• Master Sergeant
  • Average Liao Enjoyer
« Reply #25 on: 09 May 2024, 19:41:38 »
Where were these posted?

"I checked the [MUL] log, and it says that you--specifically--broke it." -Greekfire

Check out my tribute to the CCAF at www.instagram.com/average_liao_enjoyer/

MWO handle: Grizlie
Mercenaries Kickstarter backer #268

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 09 May 2024, 20:02:10 »
If Daoshen pulls the goalie, there!s about 20 CCAF units that could get involved.

There’s two triarii and two fides units to account for that won their last fight or didn’t fight in Shattered fortress or ilclan.

And five ish DC units near Terra.

IKEO could namecheck a lot of units.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 10 May 2024, 05:03:55 »
Where were these posted?
I honestly don't remember.  It was a while ago.  It might have been on Discord.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 10 May 2024, 07:49:16 »
Yeah I definatly hope the exiled wolves aren't just defacto forgotten about. A century of cultural drift is NOT going to be easily forgotten

Unless some Wolves go rogue any way the Wolf-in-Exile are remembered is through the Kell Hounds. Alaric is creating a cult of personalty around himself unless he keeps people on hand that can create different opinions and directions his fall will be interesting to say the least.

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 10 May 2024, 15:13:37 »
Unless some Wolves go rogue any way the Wolf-in-Exile are remembered is through the Kell Hounds. Alaric is creating a cult of personalty around himself unless he keeps people on hand that can create different opinions and directions his fall will be interesting to say the least.

which is what I hope IS DONE WITH THE WOLVES IN EXILE.

turning the wolves into a 100% cult of personality around Alaric is a bad idea. the biggest problem the wolves have had since the refusal war is being turned into two clans with shallow personality cults.