Author Topic: Canopis Cat Girls: canon or fanon?  (Read 16884 times)

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Canopis Cat Girls: canon or fanon?
« Reply #60 on: 25 April 2021, 18:57:45 »
That is essentially circular, of "if not medically necessary" then automatically caste system?

Forget about medical necessity. If there is full commercial availability (no medical requirements) to anyone with the means to pay for it, then we can see some true large scale output even if most will not decide to go into the military.

I guess I just don't see it beyond a small scale. Maybe if Battletech cranked the Post/Transhumanism a lot, you might see MoC with a fad of "not having to be pregnant" or something, but it seems like what you're suggesting is cranking out hundreds if not thousands of random warrior creches.

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: 25 April 2021, 19:56:01 »

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #62 on: 25 April 2021, 20:11:01 »
I guess I just don't see it beyond a small scale. Maybe if Battletech cranked the Post/Transhumanism a lot, you might see MoC with a fad of "not having to be pregnant" or something, but it seems like what you're suggesting is cranking out hundreds if not thousands of random warrior creches.
Warrior creches? Why?
Just have the parents that paid for the procedure raise them.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 25 April 2021, 20:32:48 »
Sure, but that's small scale. That's not a Magistracy-wide thing, that's going to be on a very limited-sized scale, and no different than it happening in other factions.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #64 on: 26 April 2021, 00:45:04 »
Sure, but that's small scale. That's not a Magistracy-wide thing, that's going to be on a very limited-sized scale, and no different than it happening in other factions.
No, in this situation sibkos are small scale.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

idea weenie

• Major
Re: Canopus Cat Girls: canon or fanon?
« Reply #65 on: 26 April 2021, 02:04:54 »

Magistracy also has a memory of over 200 years where they had to survive on their own technology base, without Inner Sphere help, and while pirates were attacking them.  So if the MoC ever went with Iron Wombs, they would make sure to have multiple backups of their technology records, multiple locations building them, and keep good records on non-IW pregnancy guides.

For me, Battletech having Post/Transhumanism would require a much more solid underlying technology base to be done properly.

Phantom000

• Corporal
« Reply #66 on: 30 April 2021, 09:38:01 »
I had thought about some scientists tossing ethical and legal considerations to the wind and running their own little eugenics program, possibly to create special breed workers for the Canopis pleasure circuses.

The problem is that this would likely be illegal in most systems and would require a huge investment in time and money. I'm not sure how many pirate groups or criminal organizations are willing to look that far ahead.

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #67 on: 30 April 2021, 10:22:59 »
Well a eugenics program is wasted in even a small Periphery state like the Magistracy since they have a massive population to recruit from for everything. Ad campaigns are much easier and with the Canopian media industry can reach across the Inner Sphere while catering to the diverse clientele in it.

The Clans didn't have a large population so it sorta made sense for them to make a Warrior caste in pursuit of martial perfection to reinstall the Star League as they perceived it.

Designer babies on commission are easier and more profitable with significantly less cultural and ethical hang ups than what the Clans did which has all manner of immortal and unethical complications as well as being ineffective for the most part.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #68 on: 30 April 2021, 16:12:30 »
JA Baker: I beg you... PLEASE correct the spelling in the subject of your original post.  The error is beginning to spread... :facepalm: