Author Topic: Falcon Power! Some 8th Falcon Regulars, Epsilon Galaxy - now with more Power!  (Read 2517 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Okay, so I got a good chunk of work on my 8th Falcon Regulars cluster this weekend. Period is Late Republic; this allows me to mix 'Mechs & vehicles, and deplete my strategic reserve of DA figures.

First, the Onager from the Beak star:

Just bent the left leg, which was otherwise in a really stupid stance. Then, the Eyrie Nova:

The only full star finished for a variety of reasons. And yes, that's a star of Undines, because all the Omnis featured are in (my approximation) of the U configs - you can see UMUs on some of them. (The Dire Wolf's shoulders are pairs of triple SRT-6s.) And finally some vehicular fun:

Above: Donar and Balac; below, HAG Carnivore, Huey, and standard Carnivore. Oh, and yes, I ended up doing the cockpits in metallic green. Seems to work, and fluffed as being a heat-proofing compound (to protect against jump-jets, y'know ;) )

Just had to share. Probably finish the remainder (more done than shown here) by end of month, thanks to the Easter break!

Cheers,

W.
« Last Edit: 01 April 2018, 23:43:18 by worktroll »
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Schwerpunkt Prinzip

• Sergeant
Re: Falcon Power! Some 8th Falcon Regulars, Epsilon Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2018, 03:34:49 »
Outstanding—these look really gorgeous. However, more Kit Foxes, please.  :thumbsup:
Quote from: worktroll
He's named after a Roman Emperor, and appears to be Elemental phenotype. Levitation's a cinch! :D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2018, 06:36:42 »
I really like the tanks. :thumbsup:

Neo-Tanuki

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2018, 11:00:25 »
"If you see a Falcon not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution."

Caution doubled! ☺

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2018, 12:11:41 »
Nice work WT!  :thumbsup:  Looking forward to seeing the whole group.  8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Malo Mori Quam Foedari - Death Before Dishonor
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2018, 20:45:17 »
I love them Worktroll. I am jealous of how many D.A. Elementals you have.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
318th Wolf Striker Cluster
"The Blood Pack"

Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum  -"Those who seek peace, prepare for war."
"Grant me stillness and serenity as my enemies pound and howl." -Incantation against bombardment

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2018, 02:54:15 »

The partitioned areas are the faction-specific collections, and the big area is the "junk" - Cavaliers, Clan BA, PA(L), Hauberks. I've got another drawer full of conventional infantry, field guns, and inf-base vehicles like trikes, hoverbikes, etc.

That's the unpainted reserve. I'm just about out of IS BA & Grey Death Std, but I have a good stock of Elementals  >:D Part of my Battalion push is to run these reserves down to a more reasonable level, one I no longer measure in multiples of cubit feet.

Helps buying up job lots of vees, infantry, & assorted scrap 'Mechs.

And thanks for the kind words, all!
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel

So here we have a Skadi flying overwatch. On the left a Turkina X. The job description says "missile boat", but the talons and banks of pulse lasers, added to no minimum LRM range, spells M U G G E R. It's got a Gyrfalcon to snipe away at range, along with a Kelswa, and an Eldingar loaded with Gnomes for buddies.

(Note: I was lucky enough to get a pre-production MW:DA figure from Ben Rome in a trade; it was what went on to become the Eldingar. So it's a nice thing to have some in mini scale.)

Then a Warhawk Prime, buddied with a Dire Wolf S. They're shepherding some recon forces, with battle armour support. The Warhawk is an old-sculpt version, with added bulk using my patented "bead extender" method, next to a new-sculpt Dire Wolf.

The whole cluster's painted now, barring a point of Cizin being shipped from the Bumpass works on Tokasa ... ;)

avon1985

• Major
Sweet! :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Awesome!  :thumbsup:  Really like that green.  Where's the massive group shot?  ;)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
Gotta get those last 2 minis done ...

Schwerpunkt Prinzip

• Sergeant
Gotta get those last 2 minis done ...

KIT FOXES?  :D
Quote from: worktroll
He's named after a Roman Emperor, and appears to be Elemental phenotype. Levitation's a cinch! :D

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
Sorry, Cizins

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
You do the green very well, WT.

Are you sure you're a Free-Worlder or Harp-Stroker? You might be better at serving the Golden Throne.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
Thanks! I was really pleased with how these came out.

Short form,
- base very light green
- do the black detailing
- two coats Citadel green ink
- add metallics
- ghostbrush with the original light green

The depth this gave the minis worked really well, plus brought out all the finer details.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
What is the vehicle that is not a Svantovit or Asshur behind the Clan BA?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
It's an Anat APC - a Dark Age mini. Basic wheeled APC.

Reminds me of the front half of the Killdozer from Cursed Earth.

W.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Hm, not sure I have that one . . . I would have to dig into the boxes.  Been on more of a terrain building kick using scraps.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
 :thumbsup: