Author Topic: Miniature of the Fortnight Inaugural edition - the Hunchback!  (Read 15040 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
First, some "whys".

Why "Mini of the Fortnight"? Because we've got people talking about the "of the Week" for 'Mechs, vehicles, battle armour, ASF, Alpha Strike, characters, and quite possibly several other topics. But we don't have people talking about minis. We also tend to emphasise our new work. Here's a chance to pull out older minis we've poured love and attention on, and share them with other forumites.

Why "of the Fortnight"? Because it takes time to get photos organised & uploaded. Two weeks seems about right; but this can be adjusted as we go along.

Why the Hunchback? Well, a bunch of reasons. This is the first, trial "Mini of the Week", so it seemed sensible to go for a mini which was in lots of people's collections. This meant one that was:
- in production almost since day one
- easily available, via both IWM & box sets
- used by pretty much all factions, across lots of periods.

This way we're embracing the largest possible set of mini owners. Later selections can be more specific if people want, or showcase rarer minis. But let's open this up.

It also doesn't hurt that I think most people have a deep affection for the Hunchback. It's - well, it is optimised for short-range brutality. But it's not optimised in the "world beater" sense. Fellow grognards will remember the deep shock and fear of the Hunchback's "bubble-o-doom" effect when TRO 3025 came out. We've all worked out what the Hunchback's strengths and weaknesses are over time, but there's still a trace of that primal awe.

(And it doesn't hurt that there's such a variety of Hunchback models either.)

So that's the reasoning. The floor is open for suggestions for the next "Mini of the Fortnight", to go up in two weeks time; please post your suggestions here, not in this thread.

So with the preamble done ... let the parade of Hunchbacks begin!

The Hunchback. Iconic medium brawler. AFAIK, it's existed in metal as the same sculpt for 30+ years. If they resculpted it, they did it so well we didn't notice!

That doesn't mean it doesn't exist in different forms. To my knowledge, we have, all in one piece:

- Original, in lead and Ralladium
- Citytech plastic
- Metal IIC version, again lead and Ralladium
- 1st edition slightly weedy intro set plastic
- 2nd edition near-metal-quality plastic, in intro boxes & lance packs

No recollection of any blue resin versions, and there may be a "Beginners mini" version - same mini, slightly different base, but I've never had one of them.

I love the Hunchie because it's so easy to paint. I believe it's more or less impossible for one to turn out badly. It's simple - yes, a slightly more dynamic pose would be good, but it's not a runner normally ;) It's covered in details. And it does have the boom stick box.

Let's have a slightly closer look at my lineup here.

I've set them up in sculpt age sequence, not when I painted them. From the left ... First up is my first Hunchback. Bought not long after the minis started appearing in the orange blisters, and lead. Painted in my version of a "dazzle" scheme - meant to blend into city environments, where magsense & IR were of less use, and trying to upset imaging systems. I whacked a base on it and gave it a coat of varnish a few years ago; otherwise unchanged over the decades.

Next up - a HBK-5SG. This was the second mini I ever drybrushed, and it came out really well given my skills at the time. The paintjob is a "generic merc", owing more than a little to Redfield's Renegades IIRC (or one of the units from Lawyers, Guns and Money, at any rate).

Third, and in Ralladium, a Hunchback IIC 2. The mini's beefier, and the opportunity to deploy a good Crusader unit in Jade Falcon Omega Galaxy colours couldn't be bypassed.

Now we come to the first intro pack plastic. Yes, they're a little weedy, but the level of detail on the Hunchbacks came out, IMHO, consistently better than most other of that set. First up is a HBK-6N in woodland camo colours of the BattleCorps merc unit (which I had some small involvement in). Note how adding a small piece of tubing in the otherwise gaping maw of the Boom Box improves the look of the weapon - at least I feel so. Simple paintjob - base tan, splashed with green and brown, and then washed all over with brown ink. The Hunchback's many panel lines produce really good results from this apprach.

Next the HBK-4J, with its pair of LRM-10s. In Waco Ranger colours - tan base, maroon detailing, brown ink. I'd not have approached this level of mod with a metal mini - but with the plastics, it's easy.

Last of the 1st Intro minis is my take on a HBK-7X-4. An early leg repose, to match the art from XTRO:Corps. Green and red drybrushing on a black base - again, the plethora of details show up nicely.

Then, two second intro box plastics. An HBK-5N in generic camo for my Hansen's Roughriders unit - again, muzzle augumentation - and lastly a speedy HBK-7R serving in the Sky Republic Standing Guard. The fastest Hunchback, with a running pose chosen to highlight this. Inks and drybrushing, respectively.

In short, a mini I've always loved to paint, and which has given me consistently pleasing results.

So, now over to you! Post your Hunchies, talk about other people's Hunchies, go Hunchie wild!

And in conclusion ...

What Hunch? :D

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: Miniature of the Fortnight Inaugural edition - the Hunchback!
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2016, 07:55:29 »
Nicely done!
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2016, 09:20:54 »
I'll get some of my humble attempts in here later, but I have to ask how you did the Hunchie IIC's heavy lasers. That looks amazing.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2016, 11:08:24 »
I'm gonna buy a couple hunchbacks so I can contribute! I have a Hollander gauss rifle laying around that I want to use for the HBK model that Norse Storm made using a gauss
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

Kiff_Stevenson

• Master Sergeant
  • Mini by Psycho @ camospecs.com - Thanks Joel!
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2016, 11:10:51 »
Here's my Hunchback! I painted it a few years ago now, but I think it's from the Kurita "Sword & Dragon" lance pack.

I wanted to go with a sort of generic Sword of Light scheme here; and I added a small antenna because I think robots from the future should have antennae wherever possible!

Enjoy!

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2016, 12:50:25 »
Here's my four contributions:
In order of when I painted them, a 1st Genyosha Hunchie, followed by a 1st Crucis Lancers 4P Swayback, or custom ArrowIV mod. Then a 1st gen box set plastic in the 1st Canopian Cuirassiers colors and lastly my most recent, a 2nd gen box set plastic Custom 12th Vegan Rangers Swayback.

Ryumyo

• Warrant Officer
  • Out site seeing...
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2016, 13:16:21 »
Can I play too? Hunchback IIC-4. The mini is from the metal boxed set - had extra panel detailing compared to the blister pack mini ( from what I've read ).

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #7 on: 12 September 2016, 17:14:01 »
Kiff, B1B, and Ryumyo, thanks for sharing!

Vash, this isn't necessarily about new work. If you've got'em, post'em, and tell us about'em!

Hellbie, get cracking!

I just want to call one thing out here. It's generally acknowledged that the 1st Intro Box plastics aren't that good. But I defy anyone to complain about B1B's Canopian workup. Yes, B1B's skills are a big factor. But I just keep coming back to the fact that you can't paint a Hunchie bad. O0

W.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Ronin Actual

• Warrant Officer
  • Bad Day?
« Reply #8 on: 12 September 2016, 17:29:07 »
I have two plastic Hunchbacks to contribute.

First is from either PlasTech or the CityTech box-set I don't remember.
I loved the look of the Thor from the Microsoft XBox game so I painted what I had available at the time.

The second one is from the 1st Introductory Box. This was supposed to be Capellan Confederation Death Commandos. I had an old SS decal and used that, if I were doing it now I would have cut it down to just the skull.
« Last Edit: 12 September 2016, 17:30:50 by Ronin Actual »

Dragoon1

• Warrant Officer
    • http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/GrungeVibe/dragoons.gif[/IMG]
« Reply #9 on: 12 September 2016, 20:25:44 »
Here is my Hunchback contribution a Hunchback IIc in Ralladium.  Painted this one a couple years ago for my Wolf's Dragoons.

I love this Hunchback for two reasons; pure hitting power and fear factor. 

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 12 September 2016, 20:27:15 »
I have two Hunchbacks paints... One metal, one PlasTech

Mercenary - Smithson's Chinese Bandits - HBK-4G Hunchback

This one date back to the early '90s, and was part of my "Paint the CamoSpec Book" project.

Davion - Albion Military Academy - HBK-4G Hunchback

This Hunchback is a member of the Albion Training Cadre. It was painted probably in early 2009, when I had just returned to BattleTech and painting, and represents a paint style I was experimenting with at the time that only was used on maybe a half-dozen pieces. The "A" on its right breast, just below the AC/20, is based on the school emblem from the original House Davion - Federated Suns sourcebook (1623) as I was unaware of the double diamonds on green field insignia at the time.

For me, this mini represents both good memories and bad... The campaign it came from was one I started back in the early 90's, that ran for about a year. I had purchased all the Mechs for the unit, and was painting them up for use when it ended. At that time the only resources I had were the Camo Spec book and the House sourcebook, neither of which mentioned the paint scheme, so I choose to do them in brown... Fast forward to 2009, when I return to BattleTech and am introduced to Camo Spec Online, only to find out that their scheme was blue, white and gold and that I have the insignia all wrong. So while I have since finished the set of 20, they are not uniform in paint style much less in color or insignia. Which takes a bit of the joy out of completing them.

Caz
« Last Edit: 17 October 2020, 17:06:38 by Cazaril »

Ryumyo

• Warrant Officer
  • Out site seeing...
« Reply #11 on: 12 September 2016, 22:38:48 »
Can I play too? Hunchback IIC-4. The mini is from the metal boxed set - had extra panel detailing compared to the blister pack mini ( from what I've read ).
I forgot to mention that I use this rather nasty piece of equipment in the 39th WoBM - it's good to be able to use Clan equipment  in the service of Blake. A friend saw the barrel work and asked me if it was a factory sculpt to which I told him no, it was mine. The barrel channels got hogged out to accommodate the barrel clusters. This is still technically a w.i.p. for me due to the base not being flocked, no decals or clearcoat.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #12 on: 12 September 2016, 22:48:24 »
Very impressed with the amount of work that hogging represented, Ryumyo!

Ryumyo

• Warrant Officer
  • Out site seeing...
« Reply #13 on: 12 September 2016, 23:09:44 »
Thank you Worktroll for the compliment.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 13 September 2016, 00:10:51 »
My set of 5 in the 'back family, 2 Hunchbacks and 3 swaybacks.  From very top, left to right:

Your basic 4G in a black and white skunk paint scheme.

The 4J in a city gray camo.

Sorensen's Sabers 4G Shakir in a macross inspired olive, white and red trim camo.

A 4SP, one of my favorites in another city gray camo.

The 4P I painted up based off an outfit from an old console RPG, that for the life of me I can't remember.  It's one of my personal favorite styles because it is just so cool.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: 13 September 2016, 00:24:25 »
My contributions, I painted these guys at least a year or two ago. A second Benjamin regulars -4G and a generic camo -4G, modded to carry quite the nasty melee weapon... an I-Beam.  >:D
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #16 on: 13 September 2016, 09:33:46 »

From left to right, current Intro boxed set plastic (Rolling Thunder scheme), older boxed set plastic (quick-and-dirty brown), and PlasTech plastic (quick-and-dirty green).

As far as I can tell, there have been seven or eight sculpts of the Hunchback, depending on if you consider the version with a molded-on half-hex base to be a distinct variant or not. The first was the classic metal (lead and later pewter), dating back to 1987. It went out of production about 2000, but returned in normal distribution by 2008. The second sculpt was for PlasTech, and as you can see from the picture, was pretty dreadful; all were missing the left hand. The Hunchback IIC was the last of the "classic" sculpts, and came out in 1995; I don't think it was ever cast in lead. The Clan model was designed for the cartoon show, and was the first "IIC" design following Technical Readout 3055. There is a Tyco toy of the Hunchback IIC.

The original Hunchback got a half-hex base for Beginner Sets 2 and 7, and this can still be found in IWM's Assault Lance clamshell pack. As stated above, it was also included in the various Introductory Boxed Sets, but is not included in any of CGL's plastic lance packs. A custom model with a smaller-diameter autocannon is found in the Sword and Dragon 2 lance pack, as the Hunchback "Shakir." Finally, a recent variant, the HBK-7R from TR: Prototypes, was released in 2013; there is also a BattleForce-scaled original model from that year.

All of the various Hunchbacks are single-piece minis except for the HBK-7R, which has five pieces (torso, hip and right leg, right arm, left arm, and left leg).

Here's the product codes:
Code: [Select]
Hunchback HBK-4G (1st Sculpt)                  20 854
Hunchback HBK-4G (1st Sculpt w/half-hex base)    10 022, 10 027, 10 040 (Beginner Sets 2 and 7 and IWM Assault Lance, respectively)
Hunchback HBK-4G (1st Plastic Sculpt)          1633 (PlasTech)
Hunchback HBK-4G (2nd Plastic Sculpt)            35000, 3500A, 3500B (the various CGL introductory boxed sets)
Hunchback HBK-4G (BF Scale)                  20 9130, 10 052 (IS Lance Pack 1), 10 057 (Word of Blake Level II)
Hunchback HBK-4G (Shakir)                  10 034 (Sword and Dragon Lance Pack 2)
Hunchback HBK-7R                          20 5055
Hunchback IIC                                  20 654 (2000 recode), 20 651 (original 1995 Ral Partha code), 10 846 (MechCommander boxed set 1: The Clans)
« Last Edit: 13 September 2016, 09:40:34 by ColBosch »
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: 13 September 2016, 19:26:17 »
Oh! For those who haven't seen it yet, the Quasimodo!

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #18 on: 13 September 2016, 21:28:43 »
A 25th Anniversary plastic, combined with the bottom half of a fleet-scale Confederate DropShip to form a -4P.
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #19 on: 13 September 2016, 21:40:35 »
I have only ever had one Hunchback of any stripe, the IIC that featured so prominently in the reason I ever got into BattleTech, the cartoon.

Back in the mid-90's that show was wondrous. The CGI hasn't aged well to the present, but back then, it was the coolest-looking thing on Saturday morning. For me, the 200+ miniatures, novels, sourcebooks, TROs, etc. that fuel my love for this universe were all born from that cartoon series. I know it gets maligned 'round these parts, but damn me if I don't love it dearly to this day. The recent preview of the Bushwacker for MWO even had some Somerset Strikers fiction from Randall N. Bills himself, so the fandom is still alive and well!

Star Commander Pytor was the only Falcon of note seen piloting the Hunchback IIC, a light grey and blue example that I tried to recreate here. I have a second Hunchie IIC on-order to paint in the red-and-blue scheme we also see, apparently given to generic Falcon's Claws MechWarriors. They are/will be part of a Falcon's Claws Star including Nicolai Malthus' Summoner, Kristen Redmond's Mad Dog, and Ciro's Timber Wolf. The 1st Somerset Strikers are also in the works.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #20 on: 13 September 2016, 22:03:51 »
Here is my only painted Hunchback. I needed it for a lance for a battle that was three days away. The whole lance was completed in three hours. Not one of my best jobs, but I got it done.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #21 on: 13 September 2016, 22:10:24 »
Everyone, thanks for sharing! Everyone else, keep'em coming!

W.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: 14 September 2016, 07:37:44 »
There have been a number of Hunchies go across my desk. This one seemed like a good candidate for sharing. It's not fancy. It doesn't even have numbers or unit markings. Better yet, it's been seen serving many different employers in its relatively brief history. I put that down to "dak magic". Like many projects, the Combat Manuals came in fast and hard. With more units to represent than time to paint them, duplication became a necessity. That's where digital paint came in. You'll notice that there is a subset of about 10-12 designs represented in the back of CM:Mercs that repeat to fill the requisite number units described in that book. This Hunchie is the one you see there. Several different angles were used, and dak did an awesome job in editing and colouring the photos to showcase an array of schemes on each mini. So there you go, a little behind-the-scenes story to go with a plain-looking Hunchback.  ;)

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: 14 September 2016, 09:25:00 »
Of the probably 200+ Hunchbacks you've painted Psycho, you only share one?  Everyone knows you've painted 10,000 mechs and you're just holding out!  ;D

Great job and cool info that even I didn't know about!

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #24 on: 14 September 2016, 11:22:10 »
There have been a number of Hunchies go across my desk. This one seemed like a good candidate for sharing. It's not fancy. It doesn't even have numbers or unit markings. Better yet, it's been seen serving many different employers in its relatively brief history. I put that down to "dak magic". Like many projects, the Combat Manuals came in fast and hard. With more units to represent than time to paint them, duplication became a necessity. That's where digital paint came in. You'll notice that there is a subset of about 10-12 designs represented in the back of CM:Mercs that repeat to fill the requisite number units described in that book. This Hunchie is the one you see there. Several different angles were used, and dak did an awesome job in editing and colouring the photos to showcase an array of schemes on each mini. So there you go, a little behind-the-scenes story to go with a plain-looking Hunchback.  ;)

Psycho... That thing gives me chills! It's like some hulking shadow creature with that paint scheme. I love it!
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: 14 September 2016, 23:16:57 »
Of the probably 200+ Hunchbacks you've painted Psycho, you only share one? 

I think I'm probably in the 6-8 range for Hunchbacks. Most are already posted over on CSO, so no need to re-hash them here. I figured I'd go with one that was a bit different than the norm for me, and tell a little story in the process.  :)

Psycho... That thing gives me chills! It's like some hulking shadow creature with that paint scheme. I love it!

Thanks! Just think of it as the distraction while its big-buddy Banshee sneaks up behind you through the shadows and mist.  >:D

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #26 on: 15 September 2016, 07:18:56 »
I think I'm probably in the 6-8 range for Hunchbacks. Most are already posted over on CSO, so no need to re-hash them here. I figured I'd go with one that was a bit different than the norm for me, and tell a little story in the process.  :)

Thanks! Just think of it as the distraction while its big-buddy Banshee sneaks up behind you through the shadows and mist.  >:D

I'd be more scared of the Hunchback. ;D
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #27 on: 19 September 2016, 12:21:41 »
I've got a hunch this thread needs more Hunchbacks!

Here're four I've painted up over the years:

There's a Hunchback for the Lone Wolves (the striking gold-and-bone scheme is actually the pilot's former Mercenary command, a unit called "The Ghosts in the Machine"), a Hunchback belonging to Sgt. Clarence "Dead-Eye" Dunn of Mattucci's Company, Seventh Crucis Lancers, a mech belonging to the pro-Kurita mercenary company "The Shinsengumi", and a Hunch in basic tan that can work either as a Star League 'mech or a member of the Eridani Light Horse.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 19 September 2016, 13:00:51 »
Currently i have pictures of Hunchbacks for the 5th Crucis Lancers and the Marik Militia. And a Hunchback IIC of the Star Adder Tau Galaxy. All minis without modifications so far.

*edit*
I just realize, that my Hunchbacks favor the number 4...
*edit*
« Last Edit: 19 September 2016, 13:05:20 by Wotan »

manticore72

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #29 on: 22 September 2016, 20:19:31 »
In 2011 I started painting my battletech minis again after a long time away from the game. I haven't painted a large number of them since but I have been trying my best with each one. Even before I knew about washes, dry brushing, or flocking hex bases I put effort into doing more than painting a mini with only one color and calling it done by painting weapon barrels black and joints metallic colors, and I usually painted the cockpit canopy silver or chrome- attention to detail. I painted most of them in two toned green schemes or brown and green camouflage. They didn't look half bad back then but they weren't as complete as today's minis.
Here is my only Hunchback I recently painted in Marik Militia colors and is part of a combined arms company- it's the FWLM after all. It was among the first 'Mechs I bought for the game and I have painted it in more than one non canon scheme in the past. Of the twelve 'Mechs in the company this is one I was looking forward to painting especially. As Worktroll pointed out its hard to make this mini look bad and I am very pleased with how this one looks in  the Militia's livery.