Author Topic: Miniature of the Fortnight #54: Horned Owl (Peregrine)  (Read 2680 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Miniature of the Fortnight #54: Horned Owl (Peregrine)
« on: 24 October 2018, 21:34:44 »
This fortnight, we'll look at the Horned Owl (the Peregrine to the Inner Sphere),  another of the second-line Clan BattleMechs featured in Technical Readout: 3055.  Like the other second-line 'Mechs in that book, it became Unseen and then Reseen.  To learn more about the 'Mech in game, please see its 'Mech of the Week article.

Unlike many of its contemporaries, the Horned Owl got three sculpts:If you've painted any of these, Unseen or Reseen, please share pictures!  We'd love to see them!

As always, thank you for reading and a special thank you to those of you who post.

Our next two fortnights will be:
  • Inner Sphere (11/5): Stalker
  • Clan (11/19): Turkina

Luciora

• Major
Re: Miniature of the Fortnight #54: Horned Owl (Peregrine)
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2018, 22:07:53 »
I couldn't resist.

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2018, 04:34:06 »
I only own the old Horned Owl. This one is part of the Goliath Scorpion Delta galaxy. And in the meantime it has a base...

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2018, 19:10:18 »
I really like the older Horned owl mini, it reminds me a lot of the Leo Mobile Suit from Gundam Wing. That paint scheme came off really well too!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2018, 19:24:56 »
I see a Zaku I with a recon Zaku head.  :)

I really like the older Horned owl mini, it reminds me a lot of the Leo Mobile Suit from Gundam Wing. That paint scheme came off really well too!

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #5 on: 05 November 2018, 16:11:03 »
That's what I was thinking: This would make a good mobile suit stand-in. Now to magnetize the arms so you can give it hand-held options.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2018, 16:23:59 »
I always wished I could have gotten my hands on some of the original peregrines in mini form. I've always liked the round little guy.

Now to magnetize the arms so you can give it hand-held options.

Whelp, now the wheels are turning. Small cockpit to move the large pulse to the head, fiddle with the jets to get the mediums in the legs... 'scuse me while I load up megameklab....
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #7 on: 07 November 2018, 04:40:55 »
Not a lot of love for this little Beast of a light.

From My Ghost bears Tundra roughriders Cluster

The 2nd Robinson Rangers got some sweet Clan Salvage from their time on the Falcon border.

Blood Spirits make do with what they can get.