Author Topic: A houserule for unit building  (Read 1409 times)

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
A houserule for unit building
« on: 17 September 2019, 06:30:30 »
Well, I did run a test campaign with one of my friend. And I applied some houserules for unit building. But what do you think?

The era is post jihad, and the force is Inner Sphere based.

I am run it with MegaMek/Lab, so the ruling is fit with that.

Techs

Fully allows extinct techs(such as Chameleon LPS). It also means you can build LAMs as well, assumed that there are some SLDF-era secret factories remaining in the base.

Allows RISC APDS, despite of its introduce year.

Clans based techs

These Clans equipments are considered as Inner Sphere technology, despite of their Clans origin. If an equipment has Inner Sphere version as well, the Clans version replaces Inner Sphere version instead.

This section is meant to make a quality of life enhancement for the underwhelming equipments, basically.

Weapons:

Machine Gun(all)
Chemical Laser(all)
Flamer(mech, for the other Flamers have no difference with IS version)
Plasma Cannon
*Improved Large Laser - replaces Inner Sphere Large Laser
*Enhanced PPC - replaces Inner Sphere ER PPC
AC/2 and AC/5 (all) - you are allowed to take Inner Sphere Rotary AC, if you want
*Improved AC/2 to AC/20 - replaces Inner Sphere AC/2 to 20.
AP Gauss Rifle - replaces Magshot
HAG(all) - replaces Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle
'Mech Mortar
Talons

The other equipments:

CASE/CASE II
Active Probe
Light Active Probe
ECM Suite
AMS
LAMS
Light TAG
Nova CEWS(not making sense but I want to allow some kind of C3 to CLPS)
Partial Wings
Armored Motive System

*IO based improved prototype Clans equipment.

Battlemech

IS Quad Battlemechs are allowed to use Clans Endo Steel Structure, Clans Endo-Composite Structure, Clans XL Engine, and Clans Double Heat Sink.

Allowed to construct and use Tripod Battlemechs and LAMs.

Combat Vehicle

Compensate for ridiculous '+50% weight' of fusion engine, consider their cost much cheaper and effectively nullify the penalty on CVs.

-Light Engine replaces normal Fusion Engine.
-Clans XL Engine replaces Light Engine.
-Clans XXL Engine replaces IS XL Engine.

It effectively works as nullify +50% weight(although they are not totally same), as well as only costs same criticals with normal Light and XL engine.

Superheavy units
The cost of Superheavy units' internal structure is considered as 40% of their actual cost, making their cost similar to the sum of their non-Superheavy equivalent's tonnage.

Protomech

Protomechs are allowed, and they are considered as 'enlarged IS Battle Armor developed in Inner Sphere' rather than canon protomechs - they are have to choose IS based weaponry and equipment(unless some Clans weapons/equipments that is considered as IS based, and some equipments and weapons exclusive for Protomechs), and their operators are not need to use EI/VDNI in order to operate Protomech. But, Glider Protomechs are allowed to build.

Battle Armor

All IS Battle Armors are allowed to choose mixed Technology and fully access for Clans techs and equipment, and they are considered as have Artificial Pain Shunt and Myomer Implants(Dermal Armor and Triple-Strength) - assumes that the improved Battle Armor structure and system actually gives the benefit, and the operators are not need to have the implants.

Implants

Implants are not allowed at all, although some units may benefit from some implants' effect. But these units are only considered as have the implant, and they are not have it actually.

Some houserules in combat

-Allows Rapid-Fire option rule.
-All VTOL/WiGE with transport capability are considered as have Zip-Line.
-Ultra ACs are making two attacks, rather than roll for the cluster.
-All Battlemechs and Combat Vehicle are have clamps, and Battle Armors are allowed to ride them as if they are Omnimech/vehicle.
-Pilots of some VTOLs with VTOL Rotor Arrangement are allowed to have Maneuvering Ace by default, allowing them to move as Quads.

-------------------------

Well, that's the allowance for my player, and he didn't fully utilize this. Especially for Protomechs.... He don't want to expand the size of their force.

And since I didn't use much custom variants as his opponent, most enemies he faces are canon models without these enhancements either. :(

Anyway, is there any niche weapons and equipments that is not competitive and better replaced by Clans version?
« Last Edit: 17 September 2019, 15:58:14 by PuppyLikesLaserPointers »