Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Definitely not got the exposure to the guy as a player here.  His reputation reminds me a little of Claude Lemieux.  So that's good but also not so good, lol...

Clearly, he's no Claude, though
I have to agree Tom is no Claude.  I will say though if Tom was on a more talented team in his career he's probably contributing more scoring department vs with his fist.  I wouldn't necessarily want to see him on the ice against the Caps, but he'd have more value trading him to a contender where he'd likely benefit from a deeper roster.

Toronto's best years with Marner and Matthews are probably going to go to waste.  It's still TBD for Draisaital and McDavid.  However could you imagine as a 2nd or depth winger on either of those teams.  It's somewhat frightning and he could probably pot 60 points year in and year out.

Anyone got any good ideas of something to watch after the Bruins close out the Leafs on Tuesday? It appears that the whole of the Eastern Conference 1st round will be wrapped up by then.
Now an industrialmech version of Battletechnology's Guardian.

Guardsman GND-3N

Mass: 15 tons
Chassis: Industrial Industrial Biped
Power Plant: 60 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Jump Jets: None
     Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Heavy Industrial
Armament:
     5 Machine Gun
Manufacturer: Unknown
     Primary Factory: Unknown
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 2750
Tech Rating/Availability: D/D-E-E-D
Cost: 778,125 C-bills

Type: Guardsman
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Tonnage: 15
Battle Value: 225

Equipment                                          Mass
Internal Structure            Industrial              3
Engine                        60 Fusion             1.5
   Walking MP: 4
   Running MP: 6
   Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sink                     10                      0
Gyro                                                  1
Cockpit                                               3
Armor Factor (Heavy Industrial)55                    3.5

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Head                    3         9     
     Center Torso            5         8     
     Center Torso (rear)               2     
     R/L Torso               4         6     
     R/L Torso (rear)                  2     
     R/L Arm                 2         4     
     R/L Leg                 3         6     

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm
Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm

Weapons
and Ammo                 Location  Critical   Heat    Tonnage   
Machine Gun                 CT        1        0       0.5   
4 Heat Sink                 RT        4        -       4.0   
Machine Gun                 RT        1        0       0.5   
Machine Gun Ammo (100)      RT        1        -       0.5   
Machine Gun                 LA        1        0       0.5   
4 Heat Sink                 LT        4        -       4.0   
Machine Gun                 LT        1        0       0.5   
Machine Gun                 RA        1        0       0.5   

Actually, if you allow SPAs, you don't need to dedicate tonnage at all to get the Called Shot ability.  Maximum Tech had the 'Bull's-eye Marksman' advanced pilot ability which granted the pilot the same ability with some strict restrictions.  (Stationary and can only be done with one weapon and no other weapons fire from the pilot that turn.)

I imagine they ported that over to the current batch of SPAs.  It would give Trueborn pilots something to really set them apart if they're granted one SPA like this as part of their generation at the start of a game.

It is, twice.  One is Marksman, and the other is Sharpshooter.  It's expensive even before the "1 Weapon & Can't Move" costs are incorporated.  Basically it costs the same as Jumping Jack (Jumping AMM is +1) and Range Master (Swap Short Range Modifier with either Medium or Long).  Sharpshooter adds an auto-crit to the function.  It's not so bad with a Kit Fox or a Shadow Cat.  It tends to suck with units that tend to carry a few heavy weapons like the Nova Cat.

Guess what I can do with a Targeting Computer that you can't do with Marksman?  Move and do Called Shots with multiple guns.  Which works great with Mechs that have a lot of heavy guns like the Warhawk, or need to move and scoot to survive.
I am hyped for all the new novels.
Did we get the Reunification War warships?
Danai Liao-Centrella (let’s not forget that she’s Canopian-raised and her Centrella half is just as important to who she is as a character) and Sterling McKenna.

Danai has had a pretty solid arc for the last 20ish years of publication and Sterling has made an art form out of wrapping idiot men around her finger in a way that would make the Centrellas proud.

I’d vote for Peter Cobb as my third but he has yet to stand out as anything but a James Cobb clone, IMO.
I’m pumped for the Snow Raven novel. Other than a few Shrapnel stories (which admittedly are all great, especially Ascending the Pecking Order), this will be their first real showing in a novel, and I’m so hype for it. And the WoR novels, too.
Found one more. Michael A. Stackpole's novella Not the Way the Smart Money Bets was originally published at Battlecorps in 2008 and appears in Kell Hounds Ascendant (and is available as a standalone epub as well, I believe). So that's 136 across sixteen books. I'll update the spreadsheet after the weekend.
Forum Technical Support / Re: Banner Weirdness...
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 19:58:47 »
I think I'll hang on to the Warhammer for a bit longer on this machine if that's it...
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: “Bare metal” warships
« Last post by Sjhernan3060 on Today at 19:47:32 »
I have great success with Citadel's leadbelcher over a flat black rattle can primer, thinned down about 3 to 1 with water or if available, thinner medium. you can pull the greatest concentration of the shinies to where the light would naturally fall and get a solid base, then hit with nuln oil or your fav black wash ( also thinned) until you reach a satisfactory level of brightness. 

Good Painting!

My new ships have arrived ( courtesy of Aries miniatures) and I hope try this again on the weekend
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10