Author Topic: Nameless Mercenary Company (WIP)  (Read 4215 times)

FinnMechWarrior189

• Recruit
Nameless Mercenary Company (WIP)
« on: 29 April 2019, 05:29:52 »
Greetings fellow MechWarriors!

I have created a (non-canon) Mercenary group/Company I wish to shared with you.
The  backstory of this group is still work-in-progress, but I have some core things built for it atleast.
Let’s start with the group’s color scene and unique features.

The base color of mechs and vehicles are Grey, with mech having unique trim patterns of orange, blue, and turquoise. White is more rare trim color, but not non-existant.
The ”mascot” of the group has become their battle scarred Banshee mech with severed left arm what it uses as a makeshift club for brutal efficiency. The Banshee is nicknamed as ”Maiden of Finland”, for honoring the ancient map pictures of the group’s ancestral origin. (Just look at the old map pictures, and you’ll get the joke)

The group’s/Company’s name is still a big questionmark, since it is hard to decide from those few thinked like ”Sauna Warriors” and ”Heat Seekers” (for the sauna theme fitting for the pilots sitting on the fusion cores)
”Sauna Warrior Mercenaries, CHARGE!”
-nameless Captain of forgotten Mercenary group during Ronin Wars

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Re: Nameless Mercenary Company (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2019, 05:39:26 »
Finland + heat + banshee maiden mascot

Fire Valkyries, Wagner's fusillade, Death fire, ... Plenty of opportunities

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2019, 17:52:04 »
What era are we talking here?  I did a Banshee modification that traded the PPC, AC/5 and Small Laser for a Blazer Cannon, AC/2, and Recon Camera...  ^-^

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2019, 19:38:15 »
Fire Valkyries, Wagner's fusillade

The Finns don’t share the ancient Norse culture of the rest of Scandinavia.  So no Vikings, Valkyries, or Wagner.  The Finns had their own pre-Christian pagan mythology, culture, and society.  See The Kalevala for their epic.

The Finnish war god was Tursas (although a version of him was a octopus sea god, too, so...) and there was a battle hero called Ahti.

The modern Finnish army employs a regular form of guerrilla unit called a Sissi.  I’d be tempted to combine that with a Finnish last name like Salo.  “Salo’s Sissi”

The modern Finnish army also employs the term Jäger in unit names.  Again, put it with a Finnish surname like Jarvi.  “Jarvi’s Jägers”

There’s also the Finnish concept of stoic determination called Sisu, which was arguably put on display during the Winter War.  So “Salo’s Sisu”.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

FinnMechWarrior189

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2022, 10:37:59 »
What era are we talking here?  I did a Banshee modification that traded the PPC, AC/5 and Small Laser for a Blazer Cannon, AC/2, and Recon Camera...  ^-^

I have thought on for this mercenary being found pre Ronin war (Late Succession War).
It has required a lot of reading over and over again of Combat Manuals of Mercenary and Kurita (especially selfcreating mercenary pages from CM:Mercenary, what felt quite complex to read [English is not my mother’s tongue]).  8)

Took me quite long to answer since dodging ”the coof” and swapping the line of studies have had my hands full. :P
”Sauna Warrior Mercenaries, CHARGE!”
-nameless Captain of forgotten Mercenary group during Ronin Wars

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2022, 17:49:27 »
You're doing just fine considering English isn't your first language!  :thumbsup:

My design is legal for anything after 2812 or so...  :)

Register