Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Who would you hire?
« Last post by Maingunnery on Today at 20:55:04 »
Jade Falcon sibbie: No way, I do not know what they have in their head.
Lyran discharged veteran: Maybe
Hell's Horses solahma mechwarrior: YES
DCMS deserter was a Tormark supporter: No, might leave at any time.
Sea Fox merchant/warrior: No, smells like a spy or possible saboteur.
Regulan hothead: No, hotheads are unacceptable. LEAST likely.
Cohors Morituri survivor: Maybe, depending upon their crime.
Republic trooper w/o a nation: No, might leave at any time.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Best of the Star League ASFs for Clan units
« Last post by cmerwin on Today at 20:45:34 »
If the SLDF/SLDF-in-Exile never flew it, I'm probably not interested. Best of the Star League stuff. Or at least stuff from that era. So the Ogotai is out.
This helps a lot. Then I think the Sabre should definitely be on your list. An absurd thrust ratio, double heat sinks allow it to fire all day long, and while the armor is relatively thin, it's so incredibly maneuverable that it won't be around for an easy shot. Star League in Exile had these around on all sides. It doesn't punch hard, but it can do it a lot.
Fan Designs and Rules / Re: Billions C-Bill Challenge
« Last post by Lagrange on Today at 20:41:31 »
XL-less clan fighters seem good, and there's a mix of static and mobile.

There's only 3-5 locations to defend in my understanding, rather than 6 which saves 300M.  On the other hand small craft are typically much more expensive (maybe 10M), and an Invader costs 677M.   
My basic rundown would be Tracked, but could Lateral Shift like a Quad.
And perhaps the ability to float on marshy terrain, as the screws are typically hollow. Amphibious by default, essentially.

But it'd be far more susceptible to motive system damage… and there'd have to be some other reason that it's not widespread for combat applications. I do see it as more of an industrial thing.
Not seeing it. Do I have to register for the Discord?

And tried logging in on Backerkit. It didn't recognise any of my email addresses.
Try looking for an email with the subject "Response needed - Get your reward for BattleTech: Mercenaries" and click the link there - it prepopulates with the email address but also has a "skip this step" for logging in.  That might allow you in.
General BattleTech Discussion / Who would you hire?
« Last post by Colt Ward on Today at 20:34:14 »
Jade Falcon sibbie-  Left in a sibko when Malvina headed to Terra, never took a Trial of Position but was defeated by mercenaries attacking the world she was sent to train on.  Went along with the mercs as a bondsmen, but left on the merc hiring world.

Lyran veteran-  Part of Brewer's regiment during Operation Hammerfall, transferred to another LCAF unit during the peace between Wolf attacks.  Discharged by Trillian cleaning house after Brewer was deposed.

Hell's Horses solahma mechwarrior-  Tested down from mechwarrior to tank gunner after a decade, captured by mercenaries during a Stampede.  Regained mechwarrior status with those mercs but decided to find another unit when they picked up a long term garrison contract with the Free Worlds League's periphery border.

DCMS deserter-  Was in the RAF, deserted with gear to join Tormark's Dragon's Fury.  Fought with the Dragon's Fury until they officially joined the DCMS as Dieron units.  Supported Tormark & Emi Kurita until the collapse of their bid at restoration, got out of the Combine before the ISF could catch him.

Sea Fox merchant/warrior-  Wandering mechwarrior, fighting for money and trading as she goes.  Part of the contract terms is a set cargo allotment on dropships measured in the tons.  Supposed to be on good terms with the rest of the Clan.

Regulan hothead-  Resigned from the Regulan forces after they surrendered to the League, could not stand the thought of being under the command of Oriente officers.

Cohors Morituri survivor-  The single survivor of a maniple that engaged mercs in Tamarind's counteroffensive.  The mercs were hired by Christopher Halas-Hughes-Marik to fight at Fontaine's behest.  The survivor surrendered to the mercs as long as he was not to be repatriated, he left the area with them for a merc hiring world.

Republic trooper-  Once part of a Republic unit that retreated from the Wolves into League space, the unit fell apart when Stone's message of surrender & dissolution of the Republic Armed Forces reached the unit.  Without a country, the mechwarrior went to ply the only trade they knew.

If you were on a mercenary hiring world with one slot to fill, which candidate would you pick?  All of them will have roughly the same skills (consider it a mix of G/P and SPA) and for the purposes of this poll, they all either have their own mechs or are Dispossessed and will be using a unit mech- whatever, the mech they bring will not be a deciding factor.

So- why did you pick who you did?

Bonus!  Tell us who you would LEAST like to hire!
Not seeing it. Do I have to register for the Discord?

And tried logging in on Backerkit. It didn't recognise any of my email addresses.
We got some people coming to the metroplex on the 7th of April. What’s peoples interest in a Grinder or a more scripted scenario?
X-Men ‘97.

Great follow up so far to the ‘90’s animated series.

Ruger
Okay, it's later. I'm adding this passage to the variants section:

Another modification option removes half the machine gun ammunition to make space for either an additional short range missile rack or even more machine guns. While the SRM refit is relatively straightforward, adding additional machine guns requires swapping the missile racks for a single four tube launcher, due to the additional bulk. Even for those Mudskippers still equipped with the rapid fire machine guns, the reduced supply of ammunition is arguably still adequate for most engagements.

Basically, single shots at long range, a mix at medium, and all in at short... ;)

You're not allowed to switch machine gun modes mid scenario. If it's rapid fire, it has to shoot that way the entire game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register