Author Topic: Recognition Guide: ilClan Discussion  (Read 133308 times)

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: Recognition Guide: ilClan Discussion
« Reply #270 on: 05 July 2020, 19:59:46 »
I'm going to start calling the Zeus 11S the "King Zeus" because ****** it blows every other Zeus variant out of the water and I don't think it's very close.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #271 on: 05 July 2020, 20:05:44 »
I'm going to start calling the Zeus 11S the "King Zeus" because ****** it blows every other Zeus variant out of the water and I don't think it's very close.

Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out there.What if it is Zeus? The actual God Zeus, all pissed off that nobody cares about Zeus anymore?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #272 on: 05 July 2020, 20:13:00 »
I love how this variant of the Zeus is now a 'scout' with the inclusion of the active probe.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #273 on: 05 July 2020, 20:25:48 »

I agree, it does, but...

Clantech. It doesn't do it with style.

I love how this variant of the Zeus is now a 'scout' with the inclusion of the active probe.

mine says
Role: Sniper
« Last Edit: 05 July 2020, 20:43:46 by Greatclub »

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #274 on: 05 July 2020, 20:46:15 »
At this point? There's little difference. I'm surprised the Gauss Rifle is not a HAG or a Clan tech Gauss.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #275 on: 05 July 2020, 20:53:56 »

mine says

Lyran forces replace all roles with Scout.
It’s the only way they get any recon done.
CO: we need recon over that hill.
XO: 1st Battalion, scout over that hill. ASAP.
CO: Isn’t 1st Battalion our Assault Battalion?
XO: They all are, sir.
CO: Oh. Right, I knew that. They will be awhile then. Which medals do I wear to an informal dinner?
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #276 on: 06 July 2020, 00:32:44 »
At this point? There's little difference. I'm surprised the Gauss Rifle is not a HAG or a Clan tech Gauss.

All the other weapons are clan, why not the gauss?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #277 on: 06 July 2020, 04:07:29 »
The new Grendel configurations appear to be "a death by a thousand cuts" configurations lots of little hits from them

Nice Spirit Cat/Clan Protectorate mention with the Ostscout
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #278 on: 06 July 2020, 07:00:28 »
All the other weapons are clan, why not the gauss?

Why politically influenced procurement decisions, of course! Somebody's trying to improve their government salary with private sector networking!  ;D

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #279 on: 06 July 2020, 07:14:58 »

Many of the mixed tech ‘mechs are limited to only having clan tech that the faction is already shown to be producing (in the XTR series, 3145 or 3150 TRs for example).  So if the Lyrams don’t haven clan guards rifles or HAGs, they can’t put one on a Zeus.
I don’t work on the Zeus, so I’m not sure that’s exactly what happened there. But you can’t just flip a switch to mixed tech and put whatever clan tech you want on an IS mech. You had to support your choices, where did that clan tech come from?
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Vulp

• Private
« Reply #280 on: 06 July 2020, 09:17:51 »
Excellent series so far.  The premise of updating the classic mechs that have featured so prominently in media over the recent years and will be coming in the clan invasion boxed set into the modern era is absolutely brilliant.

The Notable Mechwarrior writeup for Captain Deller Langdon really brought a smile to my face, and brought back fond memories of flipping back and forth between Ost pages in TRO 3025 so many years ago.

I am sold on the series now, hearty congrats to the writers and CGL!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #281 on: 06 July 2020, 09:43:49 »
I did like bit of the Ostscout being dressed up as one of it's heavier cousins.  I thought that was brilliant twist in the fluff!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #282 on: 06 July 2020, 10:31:46 »
I did like bit of the Ostscout being dressed up as one of it's heavier cousins.  I thought that was brilliant twist in the fluff!

I liked it too.  But the moment a mechwarrior saw the suspected "Ostsol" jump 240 meters, I would hope they'd wake up pretty quickly to what the target might actually be!

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #283 on: 06 July 2020, 23:54:45 »
I'm not the most astute lore guy, but has the term Bloodhouse been used instead of Bloodname before?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #284 on: 06 July 2020, 23:56:36 »
Bloodhouse is basically the political bloc of all the warriors that share a bloodname in a Clan, IIRC.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

ShadowSwordmaster

• Sergeant
« Reply #285 on: 07 July 2020, 00:49:55 »
I got a hold of vol.2 and really like the Sojourner a lot.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #286 on: 07 July 2020, 02:29:31 »
Bloodhouse is basically the political bloc of all the warriors that share a bloodname in a Clan, IIRC.

Yes, they're extremely important within Warrior Caste politics. They're sort of the closest thing the Clans have both to political parties and noble houses, and they have some of the qualities of both. There's a great section in the old Warriors of Kerensky sourcebook that goes into detail on exactly why they're so important and powerful within the Clans.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #287 on: 07 July 2020, 18:59:40 »
Blood Legacy show's how important Bloodhouse politics can be with Cyrilla Ward's machinations to make Phelan a Bloodnamed Warrior showing how the politics worked and the influence the head of a Bloodhouse could wield.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #288 on: 07 July 2020, 19:13:25 »
It seem all that happened in those early novels were wiped out when the Clan separated into two Clan Wolves. 

You now have the scrappy and desperate Clan in Exile with i guess mobile arks or something like the Sea Foxes cutting deal with Lyrans make Mechs like Lineholders and new Sojourner
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #289 on: 07 July 2020, 19:26:47 »
I liked it too.  But the moment a mechwarrior saw the suspected "Ostsol" jump 240 meters, I would hope they'd wake up pretty quickly to what the target might actually be!

And for the unaware, it's also a direct reference to the original TRO:3025, which had the art between those two 'Mechs mixed up in their TRO entries. Great nod to the past, kind of like with the Behemoth reference for TRO:3055. I wonder if there are others I've missed.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #290 on: 07 July 2020, 19:58:37 »
There's the line in the Ostscout entry about how Ostmechs never die they just change shape, which could be a nod to how the art for the Ostmechs has changed over the years. Going from Robotech Regult Battlepods to the TRO3025 art to the Project Phoenix art to the new Ostcscout art.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #291 on: 07 July 2020, 23:33:57 »
There's the line in the Ostscout entry about how Ostmechs never die they just change shape, which could be a nod to how the art for the Ostmechs has changed over the years. Going from Robotech Regult Battlepods to the TRO3025 art to the Project Phoenix art to the new Ostcscout art.

Haha! I thought the same thing when I read this line.
It’s funny looking at TRO: 3085 and then the original art for the O-Mechs. Some radical changes!

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #292 on: 09 July 2020, 14:10:25 »
Did Recognition Guide II get an update with the new Errata yet?
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #293 on: 09 July 2020, 20:01:33 »
Did Recognition Guide II get an update with the new Errata yet?

Not yet.

I'm looking forward to that Introtech Behemoth myself.  :thumbsup:
I have spoken.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #294 on: 10 July 2020, 07:13:02 »
You think they'll wait until entire series is done before updating errants found?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #295 on: 10 July 2020, 09:29:03 »
Is there one out today or next week?
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #296 on: 10 July 2020, 09:32:04 »
Is there one out today or next week?
next week

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #297 on: 10 July 2020, 09:37:35 »
You think they'll wait until entire series is done before updating errants found?

No

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #298 on: 10 July 2020, 09:53:53 »
In the errata thread Ray posted "Will post corrected text and upload a new PDF when able."
I have spoken.

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #299 on: 10 July 2020, 10:37:51 »
Have to admit to a bit of surprise noone has even mentioned the new Jade Phoenix omni or offered any speculation
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Register