Author Topic: Where are these from?  (Read 935 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Where are these from?
« on: 21 October 2018, 15:33:06 »
Hey all, 

I was going through my collection today & I am trying to place where a few of the miniatures are from.

1.  Catapult  (Fatapult)  Plastic.   REALLY BIG scale Catapult that has some sort of large barrel weapon in the RT.

2.  Locust.   Plastic.   Standing straight up, both lets on the ground, no chin turret,  rectangular cockpit.    (Kind of funky looking but would make a good 1E model)

3.  Locust.   Plastic.    In a running pose with 1 leg up in the air facing rear.
    (I thought this was maybe the same as my other unseen plastics that look to be 3rd Edition BT Boxed set, but another plastic Locust mirroring the original Metal one I think is actually BT 3rd, so now I'm wondering where this "sprinting" variant is from)

Sorry I don't have pictures but based on the description I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I seem to recall there was a small boxed set of maybe 8 minis that included some of the OST series back in the late 80's & I'm thinking maybe a couple of these are from that box???

Thanks for any help you can provide.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: Where are these from?
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2018, 15:42:16 »
The running Locust is probably from the 3rd Edition boxed set.  One of the legs is on a peg, so it could be positioned on the ground or up in the air in a running pose.  If there's an LCT engraved in the front hexbase facing, that's the 3rd Edition Locust.

The other Locust and the Catapult sound like they're from the PlasTech box, which came with two each of Catapult (Fatapult), Atlas (Fatlas), Blackjack, Locust, Hunchback, Trebuchet and Valkyrie.  That Locust was in the pose you described and, while it did have a chin turret, it was very small and stubby compared to the 3rd Edition or metal version.  I'm not sure about the Catapult having a RT gun, but the Fatapult from PlasTech did have some blobby medium lasers on either side of the torso.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2018, 16:29:16 »
Thanks Mendrugo.

After googling PlasTech,  I can confirm, the Catapult & Locust are from there, but I'll have to look at see if the longer RT barrel is some sort of add on, because its MUCH larger than the LT barrel.

So it sounds like the running Locust might just be something where the pieces are glued differently that the pictures I found.

Thanks, I think that solves the issue though if anyone else has seen a "RT-PPC" looking Catapult before let me know.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2018, 23:17:02 »
is it this locust (front row left-center

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?