Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 243534 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
This Rat is much better than the Era Report one!

Edit: Also the mystery we were facing is solved. The Sea Foxes are revealed to be even more mysterious!!! Time to look forward to the Ilclan book my fellow Warrior Merchants!
« Last Edit: 10 September 2013, 01:20:24 by Kitsune413 »
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
So, no spoilers on how they're made up?  Where all the Arc's and the CargoShips came from?  What they look like?  What ships exist?
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Sobakaa

• Private
I'm worried about SeaFoxes after quick look through FM3145. Looks like Foxes are going the road of Fire Mandril, IlKhanate not being able to rule over the Clan effectively anymore - Khanates are mostly independent, even if they are still loyal to the Clan. On the bright side - looks like Foxes have the best equipment in the Sphere, if even the Wolf Empire is said to lose its trials to Foxes due to lack of top-tier gear.
No mentioning of Foxes plans for the future, but they are not preparing to conquer Terra, that's for sure.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I second the wish to see ArkShip artwork.  Yes, I can imagine them as a pregnant version of whatever warship they once were (with multiple bumps, perhaps), but visual aids are more appealing in a way.  And it cuts out the whole "perhaps" part of it.

edit: I still picture them as they were described on Touring the Stars and The Human Sphere description docs, iirc.  Some of them are painted up all psychedelic and whatnot. 
« Last Edit: 10 September 2013, 21:27:23 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Dreyf

• Sergeant
I'm worried about SeaFoxes after quick look through FM3145. Looks like Foxes are going the road of Fire Mandril, IlKhanate not being able to rule over the Clan effectively anymore - Khanates are mostly independent, even if they are still loyal to the Clan. On the bright side - looks like Foxes have the best equipment in the Sphere, if even the Wolf Empire is said to lose its trials to Foxes due to lack of top-tier gear.
No mentioning of Foxes plans for the future, but they are not preparing to conquer Terra, that's for sure.

I think the Khan in both the ER and now FM has had a mention of trying to reestablish better communication which would allow for more control.  Honestly, with the HPG system down and the Clan being spread out more autonomy and some fracturing was bound to happen.

There was also some speculation that Tiburon's deal with the FedSuns may be part of a plan by the Khan.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Don't get crazy. The Aimags may be getting more independent but that doesn't make us fire mandrills. We genuinely like each other. look at what happened to Clan Wolf when they tried to take on one Aimag

I think, "May split into separate factions" has been the obvious flaw for the Sea Foxes since the Era Report. But at the end of the day we're all Sea Foxes. I think there is more camaraderie than that. 

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
in 3085 we had one of the largest toumans, but it seems since then some of the other clans have far out paced us. Not sure how I feel about that.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
As roving gypsy-traders, do you really need the largest touman?  Wouldn't most effective be more useful?
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
It also depends what we may or may not have off the books.  We're prone to slipperiness like that, you know.   :)  Hidden secrets need hidden forces to ensure their protection.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
There is that off the books stuff. We also don't really know what an Aimag is still. Though they seem to be organized similarly to clusters.

My real concern isn't in the amount of forces we have. More a concern about the amount of clusters the Jade Falcons and Wolves have. though the wolf clusters on paper are ignoring some of the difficulties they're having.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I picture Aimags and Khanates as analogous to Clusters and Galaxies, so that makes sense.  We've gone all out to distance ourselves from our Homeworld Roots.  The Foxes are a very willful Clan, I feel.  I like that part as much as anything.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
and despite our compulsion for honor and nobility. Apparently very sneaky.

Looking back through the field manuals to try and figure out just what it is we may be after (Though I believe one Field Manual sums it up nicely. Survival. Which, I suppose, it may be safer to survive by being warrior traders than it is by being warriors alone) all of them describe us as being mysterious.

Well, in that, "We don't know what they're doing way" and not in that, "Tall dark and Handsome" way. Not that we aren't tall. Or handsome. Or dark...

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The Foxes are a very willful Clan, I feel.  I like that part as much as anything.

I agree. I've enjoyed all the tidbits we do get about our clan.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
As roving gypsy-traders, do you really need the largest touman?  Wouldn't most effective be more useful?

Quite the opposite.  They're so spread out that they can't possibly concentrate much force in any one place.  So they need to be big.  It's a lot like the Com Guard.  When you have units piecemealed out as IIs or IIIs all over the sphere, you've got to have massive numbers to have the chance of being that effective anywhere.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Quite the opposite.  They're so spread out that they can't possibly concentrate much force in any one place.  So they need to be big.  It's a lot like the Com Guard.  When you have units piecemealed out as IIs or IIIs all over the sphere, you've got to have massive numbers to have the chance of being that effective anywhere.

Hopefully we have plenty of hidden forces built up by now.  I doubt we can find 50 comstar divisions of Star League Mechs cached away for a very rainy day.  ;)  But something to surprise aggressors (and Aggressors, maybe?) with. 

and despite our compulsion for honor and nobility. Apparently very sneaky.

Looking back through the field manuals to try and figure out just what it is we may be after (Though I believe one Field Manual sums it up nicely. Survival. Which, I suppose, it may be safer to survive by being warrior traders than it is by being warriors alone) all of them describe us as being mysterious.

Well, in that, "We don't know what they're doing way" and not in that, "Tall dark and Handsome" way. Not that we aren't tall. Or handsome. Or dark...

And that's a nice difference.  It satisfies my fandom to have risen from the Clan that was regarded as dishonorable and weak traders by the rest of the invading Clans, and probably the rest of the Clans too, more or less, to this current form.  Hopefully we can survive the upcoming tempest.

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
Are the era report and fm the only sources of I of for the sea foxes?  I'm interested in Tiburon but want to get as much info as possible before getting miniatures and force lists and themes made  :D

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Are the era report and fm the only sources of I of for the sea foxes?  I'm interested in Tiburon but want to get as much info as possible before getting miniatures and force lists and themes made  :D

Paint them! I don't know what color they're supposed to be.... and technically there are tons of sources for Clan Sea Fox.

They are in the Novels Hunters of the Deep, Pandora's Gambit and to Ride the Chimera.

They have a large section in touring the Stars... and if you open up the MWDA Unique's PDF and do a search on Sea Foxes it'll stop you on almost every page for mechs. There are two warriors listed in that pdf as well.

Otherwise, yes. The Era Report and the Field Manual

The only paint schemes we've seen at all are the Ilclan's and Skate Khanate.

Skate is all dark blue (almost dark purple) with metallic cyan highlights. the Ilkhanate is the opposite. Its all metallic cyan with some dark blue (almost dark purple) highlights. You can see both in the Unique's pdf.

though I'm more interested in Tiburon and Spina Khanates schemes myself.
« Last Edit: 10 September 2013, 22:09:30 by Kitsune413 »

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel

Some info can be gleaned from TRO 3145 Mercs, but I'm sure you know that.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
 ;D

Okay, so there are some scheme bases.  Time to ponder...

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
;D

Okay, so there are some scheme bases.  Time to ponder...

Just Josem Hawker (who is a jerk) http://www.warrenborn.com/Unit.php?ID=FP149 from Skate
and Najeh Hammond from the Ilkhanate http://www.warrenborn.com/Unit.php?ID=FP117

Nothing on Fox Khanate, Spina Khanate or Tiburon Khanate. I'll run through Hunters of the Deep to see if they wrote anything about Spina Khanate colors.

Skate Khanates scheme is really dark.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
No mention of paint schemes in Hunters of the Deep. At least not in the chapters with mechs in them. Ritual Combat and the Battle of Stewart.

Nor are there any in Pandora's Gambit when the Sea Foxes hit the ground.

So it seems the only canon references to any paint are on those mini's.

(also thanks. I'd been hunting for details of the Battle of Stewart and didn't realize I'd already read the thing.)

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
I found it a little odd Tiburon's Gamma Aimag is just regular for all the writing they got in both ER and FM 3145.  Just regular joe's with a string of unprecedented victories!  ;D

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Depending on how much damage they took doing it, the influx of new warriors could have brought their rating down?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I found it a little odd Tiburon's Gamma Aimag is just regular for all the writing they got in both ER and FM 3145.  Just regular joe's with a string of unprecedented victories!  ;D

That is really strange. Well. Good Luck Federated Suns. We stripped our navies and sent out some amateurs to save your sorry lives!

In the Era Report one out of three of them have the sharpshooters ability! ... I think I may submit it as Errata.  ;D

Depending on how much damage they took doing it, the influx of new warriors could have brought their rating down?

They are over strength right now  :)

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
You're looking at it backwards. It's not that they should be elite b/c they have this string of unprecedented victories. The reason the string of victories is unprecedented is b/c they're just a bunch of regular joes.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
You're looking at it backwards. It's not that they should be elite b/c they have this string of unprecedented victories. The reason the string of victories is unprecedented is b/c they're just a bunch of regular joes.

True true... though in real life games regular's great so you don't have the pay the steeper veteran (2/3) or elite (1/2) BV modifiers! :)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
9 variants for 3 chassis in the ntnu (new tech, new upgrades) section. We have been Industrious. Not statted out. But im looking forward to the Sea Fox officers variant of the mad cat ii

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
The beans.  Spill them, you will.  What's it look like?
Sunrise is Coming.

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
9 variants for 3 chassis in the ntnu (new tech, new upgrades) section. We have been Industrious. Not statted out. But im looking forward to the Sea Fox officers variant of the mad cat ii

3145 print TRO?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
3145 print TRO?

Yes. The new onn section. We have got mad cat iii, mad cat ii's and warhammer iic (our best products) in three new variants each. Looks like our phoenix hawk lines arent doing too much. If we even rebuilt them after the bloody tricentennial attacks.

The spirit cats have a favored shadow hawk iic variant.

But since the supply of shadow hawks and griffins (iic's) we used to refit came from the nova cats who knows if there is a supply of those mechs. May just be refitting what they own.

Alot of the descriptions are to vague to build yourself. Like the mad cat iii descriptionsbasically just says, "they made new ones! With guns and stuff!"

But some of the warhammer configs you could deduce and the mk ii configs might be to vague to build but they sound awesome!
« Last Edit: 13 September 2013, 09:52:35 by Kitsune413 »

Register