Author Topic: ***SPOILERS*** A place for your War Of Reaving reviews, notes, observations  (Read 14100 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Okay, it's not out YET.  T minus three hundred four minutes until midnight 8/3 Chicago time.  HOWEVER, the suggestion was made for the other thread to have a spoiler area, so here it is.

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS HERE.

That said, because other bills bit me in the rear tonight and nibbled away my currently-available Reaving monies :'( I'll instead ask questions.

What's the deal with the Blood Spirits and the new colony worlds?  Haven and Honor are interesting; the idea of a new homeworld interests me - how far from the Clans are they going?  I speculate that they're headed off into the deep, not to be heard from again until 3150.

Anyway, as you want to post them, talk about them, screech/squee/rage/cheer, post it below - because I for one will be a-watching!
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
I will have all day to watch as well, so feel free to quote chapter and verse.

Nanaki

• Lieutenant
Haven and Honor are interesting

Where they discover a species of six-legged sentient telepathic cats with an affinity for celery?

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
Where they discover a species of six-legged sentient telepathic cats with an affinity for celery?
2+2 does not equal 5.  I hadn't made that connection till just now, I'm slightly scared now. #P
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
Okay, it's not out YET.  T minus three hundred four minutes until midnight 8/3 Chicago time.  HOWEVER, the suggestion was made for the other thread to have a spoiler area, so here it is.

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS HERE.

That said, because other bills bit me in the rear tonight and nibbled away my currently-available Reaving monies :'( I'll instead ask questions.

What's the deal with the Blood Spirits and the new colony worlds?  Haven and Honor are interesting; the idea of a new homeworld interests me - how far from the Clans are they going?  I speculate that they're headed off into the deep, not to be heard from again until 3150.

Anyway, as you want to post them, talk about them, screech/squee/rage/cheer, post it below - because I for one will be a-watching!

Thanks!!!

To the patient go the spoils

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
I will have all day to watch as well, so feel free to quote chapter and verse.

Just a friendly reminder, however: quoting large blocks of text will not be tolerated. Not even in spoiler tags. Mods are watching...  8)
Eh.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
I'm not asking for quotes, and yeah, let's not outright yoink the IP.  Summaries, synopsis, and teasing is entirely expected in this thread.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
Anyone want to make any last minute predictions? I had a few, but now I think all bets are off.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Anyone want to make any last minute predictions? I had a few, but now I think all bets are off.

I believe I would like to predict victory for the TANITE BRAIN SLUGS!

Anyone want to make any intelligent last minute predictions?
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!

You know, that would be awesome, then they turned them into a Clan totem... :D
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
Tagged
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
The Ice Hellions will die ...

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
The Ice Hellions will be pirates of the periphery!
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Frank

• Master Sergeant
  • The True Holders Of Kerensky's Legecy
Can't wait to see what the Blood Spirits do with their two secret worlds [notworthy] [notworthy]

Fletch

• Captain
You know, that would be awesome, then they turned them into a Clan totem... :D

But if they eat that much celery, they are going to be one gassy totem......

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die

I saw early bits and pieces when I was still working with Catalyst, but it's become clear that this book is going to be very, very different from what I saw.

I have nothing I can share, but I am very excited. O0
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website

You want intelligent predictions? You do know where you are, do you? ;) :P
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield

It will need more Ostbosches

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
It will need more Ostbosches

I'm really not sure how I'd handle that thing becoming canon...
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...

GOLD!!!! ;D

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Hm, the Hellions become Clan Ice Pirate.  It makes a disturbing amount of sense...

Now I'm wondering about the Ironhold.  Why would the new BA suit be named for the Clan's effective homeworld in '77 when they'd been completely cut off?  It seems to be something of a memorial-making decision, but the Falcons (as they strike me) wouldn't simply name something and be done with it - they've got that whole chip on their shoulder thing, and wouldn't stand for losing their homeworld to anyone.  Yet there's no mention of an expedition or attempt to reclaim or wreak vengeance on those who did it.

Mention in the Shadow Cat II says that the waning years of the Jihad brought many new 'Mech designs for the Clan.  Sounds to me like the Falcons hold on a while in the cluster, but a lot of their Homeworlds technical folks start showing up in '77 or '78 perhaps.  Sudden influx of more Scientist and Technician castes would help with that, especially ones that have seen a lot of new things - hence the rather sweet SC2.  Maybe it has a "stink of the homeworlds" thing going on, since no other Clan has even thrown a Trial of Possession at it.

Of course, I'm also scratching my head at the Smoke Jaguar warrior working for the Blakists in the Flamberge fluff...

The Crimson Hawk becomes interesting again, as apparently as late as 3073 the Adders and Spirits were still brutally going at it on York - note what happens to the Titanic.  Now my memory could be way off but I swear I saw mention of that ship in 3074 somewhere; I can't find it now - anyone know, or am I just going insane?

Decoy

• Captain
....you've never seen the Tubby Tabby version, have you, Kamas?
One of those will put you off Shadow Cat IIs for a good long while.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
....you've never seen the Tubby Tabby version, have you, Kamas?
One of those will put you off Shadow Cat IIs for a good long while.
No I haven't; do tell.

Decoy

• Captain
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
Can't wait to see what the Blood Spirits do with their two secret worlds [notworthy] [notworthy]

This.

I hope to get a copy at Gen Con if it makes it there.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
Per Ben's Twitter and posted in the General Discussion thread about the WoR

"BTW, those hunting for the WOR PDF...it'll be released tonight. Not fair, you say? It was a decision from higher up the chain; be patient."

To the patient go the spoils

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
Per Ben's Twitter and posted in the General Discussion thread about the WoR

"BTW, those hunting for the WOR PDF...it'll be released tonight. Not fair, you say? It was a decision from higher up the chain; be patient."

Tonight as in the night between 2nd and 3rd, or the night between 3rd and 4th?

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
Tonight as in the night between 2nd and 3rd, or the night between 3rd and 4th?

[Kosh] Yes [/Kosh]

Nanaki

• Lieutenant
But if they eat that much celery, they are going to be one gassy totem......

I doubt you are going to care how it smells when it is leaping straight at your face with all six claws begging for your flesh and blood because you thought about harming either it or its human.

Thankfully, though, the Nova Cats have the whole telepathic cat market cornered. :P

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
Anyone got a link to this? The main board doesn't have a link yet and I couldn't find it on Battlecorp.

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

Register